Hotels in Fort Lauderdale ?

BLM

Looking for help, trying to decide what hotel to stay at for our pre-cruise stay? Traveling on Independance March 29. Have looked at the Yankee Clipper, Embassy Suites and Grande Hotel any suggestions on others?

Thanks.

Looking for help, trying to decide what hotel to stay at for our pre-cruise stay? Traveling on Independance March 29. Have looked at the Yankee Clipper, Embassy Suites and Grande Hotel any suggestions on others?

Thanks.

Embassy Suites is very good in FLL, along with the Renaissance.

Here are some pics of the rooms at the Renaissance in FLL:

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/5632252_M9uKf/1/346131487_kTRHZ/Large

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/5632252_M9uKf/1/346131877_8MyvV/Large

Here is a pic from the Embassy Suites in FLL.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/2861282_t5xGj/1/153572835_yKcnT/Large

Mike

Thanks.

There's a whole board on Cruise Critic for this topic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 :)

We have also stayed at the Best Western in Ft. Lauderdale. The sleeping area and bathrooms are large and clean, we also had the pool to ourselves. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and a liquor store in the plaza next door. Free shuttle service was good too.

I stayed at Best Western Ft.Lauderdale. It was clean and a shuttle service to the ship(s).

We just stayed at the Grande...it's a little to trendy for me but it was very convenient. When you exit, make a right and there is a walgreens further down by the rennaisance and a few stores. I think there was a coffee/bagel place there.

The breakfast choices at the hotel were a little limited.

I would stay there again.

I stayed at the Yankee Clipper a few weeks ago. Since I booked on Priceline, I was given a room in the musty old building that didn't have any windows. Perhaps it would be a better experience booking directly with the cruiseline, but the beach is mostly what the hotel has going for it IMO.

We just stayed at the Grande...it's a little to trendy for me but it was very convenient. When you exit, make a right and there is a walgreens further down by the rennaisance and a few stores. I think there was a coffee/bagel place there.

The breakfast choices at the hotel were a little limited.

I would stay there again.

Does this hotel pick you up at the airport and have a free shuttle to the port? I emailed them but they never got back to us. We are interested in staying in July.

Does this hotel pick you up at the airport and have a free shuttle to the port? I emailed them but they never got back to us. We are interested in staying in July.

No, you need to take a taxi. It was approx $14 from FLL to the Grande and then $10-11 from hotel to port.

We stayed at the Hamton Inn & Suites Airport, on Stirling Rd. They ran a free shuttle from airport and to the ship.. We (3 families) all had very roomy suites. They are very close to a strip mall with several restaurants and also offer a free hot breakfast. We were very happy. A bonus as everyone at the hotel was extremely nice.;)

Try the Hampton Inn, Plantation, which is out in the suburbs. We are originally from there and always stay at the Hampton Inn when we cruise. The have a free port/airport shuttle and are adjacent to the Broward Mall and restaurants. If you aren't into the beach scene, this is the way to go. It is highly rated on TripAdvisor.

The Sheraton Yankee Clipper was there when I was a child and I am 56 now, although I am sure it has been renovated a few times.:eek: It would not be my choice but it is at the start of Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

No, you need to take a taxi. It was approx $14 from FLL to the Grande and then $10-11 from hotel to port.

Wow, thanks. We will find another hotel. Lst time we casually took 2 cabs to the beach. WRONG! over $100 for a few blocks. Not again. We will find a place that provides transportation to and from airport and port. There are lots of choices- it surprises me they all don't do it.

It's had to beat the Grande. I've stayed there 2 times, both on high floors facing the cruise ships. It's lovely sitting on the balcony watching the ships sail in the afternoon. Breakfast is minimal. Beware the China Grill. Good food but outrageous prices. Water taxi is right there. And a short taxi to the ship.

Oh yes, the room are small but "grande." :cool:

We just booked the Bahia Mar on the beach for 2 nights pre cruise for March 11-13. We went through travelzoo.com and got the rooms for $109, which we felt a very good price. There is no shuttle but we hate being stuffed into a shuttle anyway. Taxi from the airport should run about $12 and we arranged for Sun and Moon to pick us up and take us to the port for $6 Per person. Now if we could just get all packed and outta here!!

Great hotel, stayed there in 2007. Can see the ships from the upper floors, great lounge and dinning room. Short walk to shops for beer, wine, booze, and anything else you need. We took cab as shuttle bus didn't leave till 1:30, $20.00 with tip.

We're planning on staying at the Renaissance on 17th Street near the cruise terminal. They indicate they have a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Has anyone stayed there before? We are looking for your comments.

They have a shuttle service, but it's not free. You're much better off taking a taxi. The ship will be no more than 1 mile away, and the taxi fare should be less than $10. BTW, The Renaissance is a nice place.

Archived