ok final word on this. Is there a chef's table experience on the Sapphire Princess?

ladypalmtree

We were fortunate to experience the Chef's Table on our cruise in January. We also did it on the Emerald. It is a great and I would highly recomend it. Just make sure you are hungry. Bring closed toe shoes as they request them for in the galley. Good luck. I hope you are able to enjoy this!

Wow, so they do have it! Just do not know what to do with the 16 yr old kid that night. We have first seating dinner. Maybe room service? I just hope it does not fall on a formal night if we do get in. We shall see. I showed the dh last night some of the menus's and he was interested. LPT:rolleyes:

Wow, so they do have it! Just do not know what to do with the 16 yr old kid that night. We have first seating dinner. Maybe room service? I just hope it does not fall on a formal night if we do get in. We shall see. I showed the dh last night some of the menus's and he was interested. LPT:rolleyes:

Lady, I have read literally everything about the Chefs table and it has never been on a formal nite. All of the reviews that I have read they say it is on a smart-casual evening.

Marilyn

I have read literally everything about the Chefs table and it has never been on a formal nite. All of the reviews that I have read they say it is on a smart-casual evening.

There have been a couple of postings that said it was held for them on a formal night. 90% or more of the time it appears to be on a smart casual evening.

There have been a couple of postings that said it was held for them on a formal night. 90% or more of the time it appears to be on a smart casual evening.

Boy I guess I missed that as the reviews I read were on smart-casual. I plan to do our chefs Table on the Coral next month so hopefully it will be on a smart-casual nite. If not oh well.

Marilyn

I've done it twice (not on Sapphire) and neither time was it on a formal night. I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that there is way too much going on with captain's party, speeches, welcomes, etc. for them to plan this on a formal night.

I was on the Fiamond (sister to Sapphire). The did not have the Chef's Table........:(:mad::(

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

The Chef's Table is scheduled to start at 7 PM (meet at that time). There were 2 of us that have younger kids. We told the Maitre'd that we would be a few minutes late because the kids club didn't open for drop off until 7. They waited for us (we got there at 5 or 10 after 7). With a 16 year old, I would think that he/she could eat in the dining room, at the buffet, at the grill or room service and then do what he/she would normally do in the evening. On our cruise, they didn't do it on a formal night.

and did the Chef's table. It was on the day we were in Puerto Vallarta (4th day of the cruise) and was not the formal night. We missed the "French" themed menu in the dining room. The menu was amazing...it is an experienced not to be missed if you are into food. Go hungry...I felt horrible that I couldn't finish all the food but they do give you a lot! Enjoy!

Archived