Hard-sided cooler from steward??

LUPY48

How likely is it that, if we asked, our steward would have a cooler available to keep our beer in for the week? We used the soft-sided one last time and it leaked all over the rug. Thanks

I never had a problem with any of my soft sided coolers leaking, at times there will be condensation on the outside of the cooler.

You can still you the soft sided if its truly leaking, just bring a plastic bag and use it as a liner and you shouldnt have any problems.

How likely is it that, if we asked, our steward would have a cooler available to keep our beer in for the week? We used the soft-sided one last time and it leaked all over the rug. Thanks

Just leave it in the bathroom. There is plenty of room under the counter, and there is a drain to handle any condensation or leakage.

If you insist on keeping it in the cabin, just place the soft-sided cooler in one of those jumbo zip-locks.

If neither one of those work, we found some of the buckets of beer buckets hanging around the deck. We took those back to our room and put them in the bathroom. Our steward filled the buckets each day :D

Probably not likely but not impossible either! Here is a pic from our cruise in January on the Valor. We had a great room steward. He asked us on the first day if we had any special requests and we said that we'd like alot of ice in our room. Shortly after the muster drill he brougt a hard sided igloo cooler to our room. He kept it filled with ice and the beverages we brought with us (water, soda, beer). It never hurts to ask! Good luck!

DSCN0166.jpg.e0e40f3c27525f9b306e73ced0648f84.jpg

While the steward may elect to keep your cooler filled with ice, don't expect them to abet the illegality of smuggling booze onboard. They follow the rules or lose their jobs.

If you're going to ignore the ships policy, you'll need to do that unabetted by help from the staff.

while the steward may elect to keep your cooler filled with ice' date=' don't expect them to abet the illegality of smuggling booze onboard. They follow the rules or lose their jobs.

If you're going to ignore the ships policy, you'll need to do that unabetted by help from the staff.[/quote']

ROFLMAO!!! Illegality! ROFLMAO!

I am sure they will give you one filled with a bottomless pit of beer.:p

ROFLMAO!!! Illegality! ROFLMAO!

Yep. The hilarity never ends.

Can anyone provide a verifiable report of a cabin steward refusing to assist a guest with ice for smuggled booze or being fired for doing this?

This also ignores the issues of whether the cabin steward even has the ability to determine whether the booze was smuggled or not, and whether Carnival has an offical employee policy forbidding ice assistance for smuggled booze.

While the steward may elect to keep your cooler filled with ice' date=' don't expect them to abet the illegality of smuggling booze onboard. They follow the rules or lose their jobs.

If you're going to ignore the ships policy, you'll need to do that unabetted by help from the staff.[/quote']

Obviously you have no clue about what goes on in normal passengers' cabins.

The steward could care less about your booze or your iron.

I can't imagine a steward doing or saying anything about booze; however, they are obligated to remove irons. Their lives could be in danger, as well as the entire ship...and they realize that.:(

Our last cruise on the Glory we gave the room steward a $20 tip on the first day and asked for a cooler for our water and soda. He brought it and kept it filled with ice each day. Never hurts to ask - especially when you tip at the start.

Pretty likely if you get a cool room steward. Ours on the Destiny in January came into our room prior to embarkation and saw the stash of alcohol we brought onboard with us. He immediately returned with a large cooler and helped us place all of our wine and beer in it, then kept it completely full of ice the rest of the week. He got a good tip for this, and never once questioned the amount we brought on board with us, which was about 6 bottles of wine, a box of wine, a 12 pack of beer and a couple other little things. Probably didnt hurt that he knew we also got married on the ship that day either though.

If you're worried about a soft sided cooler leaking then bring along a hard sided one. They are great for protecting cameras and other electronics from being broken.

Just remember that there is a size limitation: 12x12x12.

They will confiscate it, or at least not allow it to be brought on board. These days, soft sided coolers are the way to go, unfortunately.:(

You are, of course, 100% correct as usual.

I am among the clueless. After 64 Carnival Cruises and 250 overall, I am, indeed a cruising virgin.

I've never, ever seen booze confiscated from a cabin on a ship, never seen a cabin steward put in a bad position by people from whom he gets a tip. Never seen a Captain's inspection which resulted in confiscation of booze and drugs.

I've never experienced the boorish passengers who think no rule applies to them and they are able to do exactly what they want at all times. It is, afterall, their vacation....which they paid good money for....which allows them to disregard the rules they don't like.

I've spent months at a time on cruise ships....it was part of my job.... I've seen bad behavior, compromised employees put in a bad spot by selfish passengers. These passengers exploit those employees who have the most to lose. They'd never call the Purser's Desk and request a cooler for their smuggled booze, nor the CD, nor the bartenders or a bridge officer....all of whom would decline the request. So, they use the cabin steward who depends upon tips and who will try to accommodate to ensure their tips aren't removed by some disgruntled passenger with his nose out of joint.

There is no excuse for bringing your own booze aboard. While hundreds of excuses are put forth, the real reason is the passenger is too cheap to do what most do.....order from bon voyage or buy from the bars... They can't afford it or don't want to pay the freight.

You want a cooler? Bring your own. You're lucky the steward agrees to keep it iced for you.

You are' date=' of course, 100% correct as usual.

I am among the clueless. After 64 Carnival Cruises and 250 overall, I am, indeed a cruising virgin.

I've never, ever seen booze confiscated from a cabin on a ship, never seen a cabin steward put in a bad position by people from whom he gets a tip. Never seen a Captain's inspection which resulted in confiscation of booze and drugs.

I've never experienced the boorish passengers who think no rule applies to them and they are able to do exactly what they want at all times. It is, afterall, their vacation....which they paid good money for....which allows them to disregard the rules they don't like.

I've spent months at a time on cruise ships....it was part of my job.... I've seen bad behavior, compromised employees put in a bad spot by selfish passengers. These passengers exploit those employees who have the most to lose. They'd never call the Purser's Desk and request a cooler for their smuggled booze, nor the CD, nor the bartenders or a bridge officer....all of whom would decline the request. So, they use the cabin steward who depends upon tips and who will try to accommodate to ensure their tips aren't removed by some disgruntled passenger with his nose out of joint.

There is no excuse for bringing your own booze aboard. While hundreds of excuses are put forth, the real reason is the passenger is too cheap to do what most do.....order from bon voyage or buy from the bars... They can't afford it or don't want to pay the freight.

You want a cooler? Bring your own. You're lucky the steward agrees to keep it iced for you.[/quote']

Well that about sums it up..........you are clueless.......

You are' date=' of course, 100% correct as usual.

You want a cooler? Bring your own. You're lucky the steward agrees to keep it iced for you.[/quote']

250? Really?

That is like 5 years of back to back cruises (7 day). Must be nice.

I was wondering how long before we'd see an anti-smuggling post, lol. Methinks you should smuggle yourself some booze and relax. Just a suggestion. ;)

Archived