DFW to Barcelona Airfare

mstravel

Whats the best airefare rate you have found from DFW to Barcelona and how far out was it purchased. If I'm thinking about cruising in May and airfare is currently 746pp tax included, do you think it was drop lower?

TIA

Thanks In Advance!

It really depends on your dates. I just used Farecast and it came back with $565 RT on Continental for DFW to BCN via Newark. That was leaving on Saturday the 16th and returning on Sunday the 24th of May.

Yes, it is coach...wish we could afford 1st class. The flight will not be nonstop as it will have a layover at JFK.

You flying Delta from JFK?

I am flying Delta to Barcelona. We are taking the late afternoon flight in June out of JFK. I think it departs around 5:30 PM and gets into Barcelona around 8 AM.

We do have miles that we can use...however, we have decided to pay for the airfare for this trip, so that the miles gained would go to our current account. Our plan is to take a cruise...see the different ports then use miles to go back to in 3yrs for a land vacation to celebrate our 10yr anniversary. So for that reason, I can deal with coach (I hope).

These are great fares y'all are quoting, plus great rates for a trip that is only 2 months out. I'd book and run with it! :eek:

Y'all are also lucky to be living near a big air hub. We are in TN, so the closest large international hub is ATLANTA. Last June, we paid $1600 for a non-stop flight to Rome. That was purchased about 6 months out and the price never got better. :( This year, we are looking at a cruise out of Barcelona in the fall. So far, the lowest I have found for non-stop is around $1000.

We would rather pay a higher fare to fly non-stop (even though it means driving 5 hours to get to ATL.) than to fly out of here (TRI) and have to have a 10+ hour layover in either ATL or Newark. I was really hoping to find some lower rates. Is it too early?

Does anyone have any advice?

I have checked alot of sites, and because we would be flying from So Calif, best I could find was around $ 1200 pp figurering 1 way for 2 people. Well just did Best Travel, Palm Springs, to Denver, Denver to Frankfort, Frankfort to Barcelona, $ 476pp, Taxes $ 205pp =$1306, now this is doable.

We do have miles that we can use...however, we have decided to pay for the airfare for this trip, so that the miles gained would go to our current account. Our plan is to take a cruise...see the different ports then use miles to go back to in 3yrs for a land vacation to celebrate our 10yr anniversary. So for that reason, I can deal with coach (I hope).

Are you really going to fly all that way for a 7 night cruise. Don't you want to at least extend it with a stay of a few days in Barcelona which is a great city to visit. I just put best travel store dates may2 thru 9 and came up with AA for about $760.

Remember you will leave the USA on one day and arrive in Europe the next.

jc

xpcdoojk, if we can work it out and they don't change the schedule, we are going to go over 1 week before, to Barcelona for a 7 day Med Cruise then return back to the States on Nov 29th, back to Galveston. This way we will get some Med itnerary + the TA and overall will be less then doing an 18 day on Princess. Our dates would be Nov 2011.

xpcdoojk, if we can work it out and they don't change the schedule, we are going to go over 1 week before, to Barcelona for a 7 day Med Cruise then return back to the States on Nov 29th, back to Galveston. This way we will get some Med itnerary + the TA and overall will be less then doing an 18 day on Princess. Our dates would be Nov 2011.

Wow, that will be a great vacation! I envy you! 2011 is suppossed to be a trip to Australia for us, and I am hopeful that maybe it will be a cruise vacation combined with a barrier reef vacation!

jc

These prices are killing me. DW and I wanted to do the Med this summer and RCCL had some great cruise deals but at the time $1300-1400 pp airfare priced me out of the market... $700-900 would have been doable. If I was going to spend that much for airfare I would need a B2B or at least a 12 day run. A western-eastern B2B would have been a dream

RDHND

rd I was steered over to Best Travel Stores as I was having a similiar problem finding decent air fare out of Palm Springs, Ca to Barcelona, I got routed PS to Denver to Frankfort to Barcelona for $ 476pp + $205 taxes pp=$681 pp. This is figured 1 Way as I based it upon our TA. Now it will be another $ 458 fron Houston to Palm Springs at the end of the TA ( Barcelona to Galveston on the Voyager)$ 196pp + $34 taxes pp. Over all we will be paying nearly $2000 something if we try and do the Med cruise before hand.

Friends are paying total for this trip $ 6895 for the 7 day Med + TA.

Gay

From DFW to Barcelona we did American also. Its a direct flight to BCN

from New York and I wanted to avoid changing planes in London or Madrid.

Its a good flight but if you have the points try to upgrade to business.

It makes a world of difference!! very very nice service.

We did a 3 day stop over in New York so my DD could see the city

and go to a show. Also arrived a few days early in Barcelona to be sure

our luggage would catch up with us and to see the sites. We loved the

city!!

We're on US Airways and paid $1100/person thru Philadelphia. We tried to upgrade using miles and US Airways told us that we needed to pay $1400/ticket to upgrade with miles. The extra $600 wasn't worth it to us since we had the two seats at the window in coach to ourselves.

Its a good flight but if you have the points try to upgrade to business.

It makes a world of difference!! very very nice service.

We flew coach and had very good service with Delta. Much better than the domestic flights. What is the difference in coach and business. Are the seats any larger?

AZ-Floater - The extra $600 wasn't worth it to us since we had the two seats at the window in coach to ourselves.

I agree! Although a larger seat would be nice, it just doesn't seem necessary to pay more when you have two seats together, or three with family members.

We did a 3 day stop over in New York so my DD could see the city

and go to a show. Also arrived a few days early in Barcelona to be sure

our luggage would catch up with us and to see the sites. We loved the

city!!

Yet another reason we fly in at least one day ahead, and also the reason why we prefer a non-stop. Who wants to be on a cruise when your luggage is on it's way to who knows where. :rolleyes: With a non-stop, you have a better chance of landing with your luggage. :)

ziggypup - I don't think I could do 8/9 hours in coach.

I think that if you are use to sitting for long periods of time (like at an office job) the flight is much easier for those people than it would be for those that have an "on your feet" type active job.

On American the seats are much larger and they lie flat. You have a

plush comforter so sleeping is much much easier. You also (depending

on the plane ) have a personal entertainment system, you can watch

movies, t.v. show, news. etc. I watched Monk tv shows the whole

evening while DD watched movies. The food or course is very nice

but to me its the comfort. I used to fly coach, but with age and a

bad back its really worth it to me to fly business class. I use points

to upgrade.

I also purposely avoided London for a stop over. There rate of lost luggage

is one of the worst! A non stop from New York worked great for us.

Archived