Same ship different iteneraries???

Greetings all,

I was just wondering, and havnt seen this addressed since I have been lurking on this board, are the meals and service comparible on the same ship even if they cruise out of a different port?

We are going on the Voyager OTS this June, and this ship is currently sailing out of Galveston. How will these two cruises compare to each other as far was what is offered on the ship? Will the service be the same? Menus be the same???

Just curious. TIA

The menus and activities will be about the same--and if it's the same crew, your service will be the same, also.

The big difference in cruises is the PASSENGER MIX--that can really make a difference it the "feel" of a cruise!

When we sailed on the Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston a few years ago the ship definitely was Texified! The entertainment, the food and the decorations on the ship were all about Texas. Never heard so much country music in my life!:)

In the Caribbean it's all about island food and steel band entertainment, and in Europe it was more continental, a little more refined.

Having said that, the ships, no matter where you leave from, still have their standard cruise foods, and service, so not to worry!!

We've sailed Voyager in the Mediterranean and out of Galveston (within 4 months of each other).

Meals and service - definitely comparable. Ports and passenger mix - not so much. :p ;)

No lobster in the Mediterranean. The substitute was langostino (sp?) and it was NASTY!!! Avoid at all costs!! :eek:

For us, it was like sailing on a new ship out of Galveston because the Mediterranean cruise was so port-intensive that we didn't have much chance to explore her on that cruise. :o

P.S Let me take this opportunity to plug Driver in Rome for any and all of your Italian port excursions. They are amazing!

And I hope you are planning to spend a night or two pre-and-or-post-cruise in Barcelona. It's an incredible city!

When we sailed on the Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston a few years ago the ship definitely was Texified! The entertainment, the food and the decorations on the ship were all about Texas. Never heard so much country music in my life!:)

Our experience is that Voyager isn't nearly as Texified as Rhapsody. The passenger mix - yes. The ship itself - not so much.

Gosh, I miss Rhapsody! :( Bring her back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel when you sail out of Europe the ship is geared toward the european passengers. When wife and I sailed out of Venice in 07 70% of pax were european. The ship allowed smoking on deck, they had different food choices and the pastry chef was awesome. His breads and desserts were delicious. Desserts were way better in Europe trip than in Caribbean. We will be on Voyager out of Southampton in May. We r on a 11 night sailing and end up in Barcelona.

Archived