Do any ships have fresh water pools?

DTC

It's not P&O, that's for sure. They have heated fresh water pools on all 7 ships. The amount of fresh water used in the pools is a drop in the ocean (sorry!) compared with, say, the toilet system.

That's correct.

The average ship's swimming pool holds between 80 tons and 100 tons of water.

The average cruise ship in the tropics uses just under 1 ton of fresh water per person per day.

As there seems to be a lot of knowledge in this thread maybe you could answer a question Ive been wondering?

Now Ive read that noro transmits also in swimming pools, so is this a real concern or just very bad luck if this happens?

Also how clean is the water in toddlerpools? As they do drink a lot of it anyway. We go babyswimming in a local pool and our Baby does probably drink quite a lot of chlorinated water there, but at least there is a limit to the chlorine in that place and Im told it is low. But how is it in cruise ships? Is the water treated better in the toddlerpools?

We have reached a new milestone. We took an almost 5 year old thread, answered and answered the question. Let the thread die and then brought it back to life again. Love these threads.

I didn't know there was an expiration date to discussions. Where is this rule mentioned? What difference does it make how old a thread is if the topic is still valid and of interest to people? Not everyone active on the boards today were active on it five years ago, so the entire thread would be new to them.

I call them zombie threads. I wish Cruise Critic would automatically lock a thread after a certain period of inactivity.

Why? Why does it matter if it's an older thread if the topic is still relevant. If it is of no interest to you, just don't read it.

• 5 months later...

Most ships right now have purified saltwater. However, some of the newer ships such as the Oasis and Freedom class from Royal Caribbean, have freshwater which was pumped from the ocean and purified and chlorinated. The beach pool on Oasis and Allure is purified saltwater. I believe the other ship classes from RCI are purified saltwater.

Most ships right now have purified saltwater. However, some of the newer ships such as the Oasis and Freedom class from Royal Caribbean, have freshwater which was pumped from the ocean and purified and chlorinated. The beach pool on Oasis and Allure is purified saltwater. I believe the other ship classes from RCI are purified saltwater.

"purified"? for salt water all I know is they filter it to remove floatables. It is NOT chlorinated. If they use freshwater(which they either make by reverse osmosis or by distillation-heated evaporated and re-condensed- or bought from a certified source) and then chlorinated....

I didn't know there was an expiration date to discussions. Where is this rule mentioned? What difference does it make how old a thread is if the topic is still valid and of interest to people? Not everyone active on the boards today were active on it five years ago, so the entire thread would be new to them.

Not to mention that fact that over time answers will change due to the fact that ships and cruislines change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Brucemuzz has brought up an issue that has negatively impacted many cruises, especially some of the itineraries on HAL. Some lines have made significant changes to their itineraries and port times in order to slow down the ships. For example, a Caribbean cruise that previously might have been in St Maarten from 8 - 5 might now only be in the port from 9 - 3. Or perhaps an entire port day will disappear from a longer cruise. That is why we suggest that cruisers carefully look at itineraries, and compare cruise lines, before booking. You might find that a particular cruise line has consistently reduced port times more then other lines.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums