Conquest questions

GORDONCHICK

It's been three years since I've been on the Conquest, and I really enjoyed it. We have friends that have booked for January, so I'm checking a couple of things for them.

1) There was a little fish and chips place towards the aft but above the back part of the buffet. Is it still there? I can't remember the name of it, but I really enjoyed it.

2) Is there a card or game room on the Conquest? I don't think we ever looked for one, but our friends are learning how to play bridge and thought it might be fun way to meet people on board. There was a great card/game room on the NCL Spirit and we cruised with our friends this past January and we played cards every evening after dinner (mainly spades).

3) Does Carnival do anything for the roll call meet & greats? They didn't three years ago (or we didn't know how to set it up if they did). We had a fantastic party on NCL and many officers came, like the hotel director, f&b director, concierge, group coordinator, cd, and a few others. That was really pretty cool.

It's been a couple of years since we were on the Conquest but yes, they do have a fish and chips station (actually, it's various sea foods and other items) on the Panorama deck, upstairs from the buffet. It's name is Sur Mer and has excellent fish and chips as well as bouillabaise that I could eat by the bucket.

Can't answer about your #2 or #3 - I simply do not remember. :o

Here's the link to the capers. Someone please let me know if this doesn't work.

http://community.webshots.com/album/570224118RkHcaD

Maybe this will help you out a little.

It's been three years since I've been on the Conquest, and I really enjoyed it. We have friends that have booked for January, so I'm checking a couple of things for them.

1) There was a little fish and chips place towards the aft but above the back part of the buffet. Is it still there? I can't remember the name of it, but I really enjoyed it.

2) Is there a card or game room on the Conquest? I don't think we ever looked for one, but our friends are learning how to play bridge and thought it might be fun way to meet people on board. There was a great card/game room on the NCL Spirit and we cruised with our friends this past January and we played cards every evening after dinner (mainly spades).

3) Does Carnival do anything for the roll call meet & greats? They didn't three years ago (or we didn't know how to set it up if they did). We had a fantastic party on NCL and many officers came, like the hotel director, f&b director, concierge, group coordinator, cd, and a few others. That was really pretty cool.

I saw people playing bridge in the library and in another card room outside Renoir restaurant.

Sur Mer is still there, as of last week. We had a roll call scheduled at 1pm on Monday with Kyle Post, the cruise director and Ron Josef, the fly in entertainer in Vincent's launge.

I saw people playing bridge in the library and in another card room outside Renoir restaurant.

Sur Mer is still there, as of last week. We had a roll call scheduled at 1pm on Monday with Kyle Post, the cruise director and Ron Josef, the fly in entertainer in Vincent's launge.

How was that arranged?

Glad to hear Sur Mer is still there. It was a hidden gem. It took us a couple of days to find it, but we "found" it every day after that.

I know the ship went through some changes &/or modifications in a dry dock. Anyone care to share what was done?

The M+M was arranged by Host Mach at our request to the cruise director. Kind of last minute, but we pulled it off. It was listed in capers.

They added a big screen TV by the Lido Pool. The volume was turned low enough during the day that it wasn't a distraction, but at night for Movies, the volume wasn't loud enough to hear the movie. I thought it was funny they would play beach scenes on the TV while in port. There appeared to be new carpeting. They also added light poles on deck 10 above Lido pool for the night time light shows for the deck party. They were putting in light colored wall paper on our last sea day on Saturday. OH, and they added new lounge chairs on the decks. These are brown in color and are very comfortable. The shower curtain for the shower appeared to be heavier than the one we had in 2007, it didn't try to molest me while taking a shower.

The M+M was arranged by Host Mach at our request to the cruise director. Kind of last minute, but we pulled it off. It was listed in capers.

They added a big screen TV by the Lido Pool. The volume was turned low enough during the day that it wasn't a distraction, but at night for Movies, the volume wasn't loud enough to hear the movie. I thought it was funny they would play beach scenes on the TV while in port. There appeared to be new carpeting. They also added light poles on deck 10 above Lido pool for the night time light shows for the deck party. They were putting in light colored wall paper on our last sea day on Saturday. OH, and they added new lounge chairs on the decks. These are brown in color and are very comfortable. The shower curtain for the shower appeared to be heavier than the one we had in 2007, it didn't try to molest me while taking a shower.

Thanks for the info - I'll pass it on.

Any one know what types of seafood Sur Mel has on their menu? Never been on Conquest, but we are excited about upcoming cruise.

Thanks

Besides fish & chips, there were some kind of fritters and ceveche (dont' know if I spelled that right).

There was a small place to meet to play bridge, very inadequate. We meet there and moved to Sur Mer, to play and just called each other after we got a 4 some together to play bridge. Got a lot of bridge playing in last cruise on Conquest. Just go and meet at the appointed time and see if you can exchange numbers.

Any one know what types of seafood Sur Mel has on their menu? Never been on Conquest, but we are excited about upcoming cruise.

Thanks

.... somewhere in my email I saved the menu for Sur Mer, but just got home tonight from a exhausting 3 days. They had fried oysters which were pretty good, some here said too much breading? Just find the inside stairs by the cakes inside the buffet and walk up those stairs for the easiest way up to Sur Mer.

Archived