What are the perks of being a mariner?

SpankysMom

Ruth, you are becoming entirely tooooo funny! You and Pipedreams should become the "new and improved" entertainment onboard HAL ships!

(And I don't even care what time your shows are... I'll miss dinner to see you both!)

AMEN ! :D

r.

Ruth, I can believe you'd ask for money. You used to do most anything just for chocolate.

I know. I should be spanked. :o

But I figure with money I can buy some chocolate, then use the rest toward a cruise! :D

Well, we can't call ourselves "oldtimers" but this is our 2nd cruise with HAL and I understand there is a Mariner Club or something like that when you sail with them a lot. Just what does that amount to? Does HAL have perks for people that sail with them a number of times? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

SM

You now get to stand up and clap your hands for 'older' mariners like me ( 335 days):D

The Mariner program is pretty lame compared to other loyalty programs; I cruise on HAL because of the ship and itinerary, not because it's superior (it isn't) or the perks. I get far more and much better perks on Princess but I'll sail HAL if I think the itinerary is better or I think the ship is better for the itinerary.

I know. I should be spanked. :o

But I figure with money I can buy some chocolate, then use the rest toward a cruise! :D

Ruth, I have been reading many of your posts and have come to the conclusion that we must have been separated at birth. Your unabashed love for chocolate matches mine. "Chocolate fixes everything" is my motto. I am known as the "chocolate" grandma at home. Whenever I need to convince my 3 yr old gs to do something, I offer him chocolate. I get great results.

Hopefully someday, I will get to meet you, my chocolate loving "sister".

Linda:cool:

Archived