Transportation from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale?

elycelynne

My cruise isn't until December, but I was just curious. I've seen many posts for service from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, but not the reverse. My ship leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and I could fly into that airport, but aside from Southwest there are hardly any direct flights from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm thinking that I could fly into Miami if I found transportation to Ft. Lauderdale that didn't cost me an arm and a leg (I'd be traveling solo and would rather not pay an extra $100 round-trip). Are there vans or shuttle services at the Miami airport that would go to my hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (and would also go from Port Everglades back to the Miami airport)?

My cruise isn't until December, but I was just curious. I've seen many posts for service from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, but not the reverse. My ship leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and I could fly into that airport, but aside from Southwest there are hardly any direct flights from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm thinking that I could fly into Miami if I found transportation to Ft. Lauderdale that didn't cost me an arm and a leg (I'd be traveling solo and would rather not pay an extra $100 round-trip). Are there vans or shuttle services at the Miami airport that would go to my hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (and would also go from Port Everglades back to the Miami airport)?

Yes, there is a wonderful shuttle service..SAS Transportation...http://www.ridesas.com. We used this service in November, 2008 and have them booked again for April, 2009. The fee was $15 per person minimum 4 or $45 for two. They also provided transportation back to Miami and we paid $15pp as there were other people who had also contracted with them.

Hope this info helps and good luck and happy cruising.

Anita

Last December we flew into MIA and stayed Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. Rented a full-sized Enterprise car for a total of $29.65 including all taxes and fees except for insurance, which we declined. Returned the car to Enterprise near our hotel and got a free ride back to our hotel.

Archived