Toddler bathing in cabin?

fsugator

We are sailing on the Crown Princess, in a Balcony cabin (NOT a mini-suite). Since there are showers only in these cabins, how do you bathe a toddler? Do you bring a "blow-up" bathtub... or have them take a shower?

Thanks!

We are sailing on the Crown Princess, in a Balcony cabin (NOT a mini-suite). Since there are showers only in these cabins, how do you bathe a toddler? Do you bring a "blow-up" bathtub... or have them take a shower?

Thanks!

Buy the blowup duck at target. I think its about 12 bucks. We have one and it is recommended by several cruisers.

When you say "toddler" - how old?

It's so hard to hold a baby in the shower. So a baby, you would need to bring a tub.

Once my kids hit about 2, they could stand in the shower and be steady enough for me to remove the shower head and shower them. But practice at home first! Don't wait till the cruise to find out if the child is afraid of the shower. ;)

I guess I'm lucky, my daughter LOVES the shower, and has since she was pretty much able to stand up!

She'll do baths or showers, so on our cruises she has had way too much fun with the sliding shower doors and removable shower head!

This turned into our biggest "issue" on the first cruise with our little one (she was 14 months at the time). It never even entered my head that she would be terrified in the shower, since she loves the waterparks and the shower sprays there. I had to hold he rin the shower and she clung to me trembling and screaming the entire time. It wasn't easy in the small Princess shower with clingy curtain and bumpy boat. I wouldn't recommend it and second the advice of others on here to either get your little one comfortable in the shower beforehand or get a tub!

we started practicing showering 2 weeks ago for our cruise in April. She was TERRIFIED at first, and screamed her head off, but now she loves it and begs me to take a shower every day! I would practice for awhile before going on the cruise....and now every time she takes a shower she says "See Momma, we are taking a shower just like we will on the big boat!" (she is 2)

Michele,

Princess does not have the moveable shower heads. They also have the romantic shower curtains. The blow up bathtub might be worth the way to go. Also the child could splash in it if not yet able to use the pools.

My son's first cruise he was not even walking, so we would take turns holding him while the other parent would bathing him. On his second cruise, he was a year and a half and could walk/run, so he took a shower. In fact, his very first shower was on a cruise and he loved it. Since then, all he wants to take are showers.

Michele,

Princess does not have the moveable shower heads. They also have the romantic shower curtains. The blow up bathtub might be worth the way to go. Also the child could splash in it if not yet able to use the pools.

No way! :eek: Thanks Ula, that's good to know. :D

One day, I'll get my butt onto a Princess ship. ;) Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We were on HAL two weeks ago and they have the "French" showers but tubs, albeit small tubs. Sometimes on trips when our three kids were very small, the same-sex one of us parents would just have to shower with the little one, holding him or her...often you're already in a swimsuit.

Archived