Possible Official CC group cruise in 2011-need to pick date

CruisnGram

Wow. In case anyone is keeping track, we're almost in a dead heat folks. Keep the date choices coming cause I'm NOT going to be the one to break the tie! :D

Maybe lets try this.....Are any months completely out for anyone? If so, what month would prohibit you from going for sure?

CG

PS: I already know about you and school MichellP, so have marked that down.

Wow. In case anyone is keeping track, we're almost in a dead heat folks. Keep the date choices coming cause I'm NOT going to be the one to break the tie! :D

Wouldn't that be a hoot if it was a tie!! The next person that happens to want to join the group will be both loved and despised!!!! LOL

Ms. Belp ~ In response to your "weather is worse in Jan. and Feb." remark.. Good try!!! It is not! Just kidding hon. But we do sail in January almost every year and have yet to have a problem in the Caribbean. Just my .02. :)

I am not sure we would go during spring break.

I think that a lot of people feel that way. Also, I'm sure that price should be a consideration, and prices are higher during spring break time.

I have no idea what prices will actually be until we start to get this set up via CC, but I did check NCL website. And the breakdown on their site is below. Of course, that is per person and I only looked at the lowest category inside room.

January 14th & 18th: lowest fare

February 25th: $50 more then lowest fare

February 11th: $80 more then lowest fare

March 11,25 & April 18th & 22nd: $150 more then lowest fare.

As I said, I have no idea what our pricing will be but surely it will be based off of NCL's pricing. So, keeping that in mind, perhaps that may sway some people towards a certain time.

CG

Hi CG,

Glad you mentioned that the lowest fares are in January. Don't the CC group cruises usually get even better rates, or some kind of bonus like a bottle of wine or on board credit, to boot?

I lived in St Thomas for 7 years and let me tell you there is only one month with bad weather (unless a hurricane strikes) and that is November. Very rainy in November.

We were on Dawn Jan 24 and had some showers we could see from the ship but sunny when we docked. Just like Florida, the Caribbean can have a little shower, no lightning and thunder, and then clear up right away, so don't sweat it.

Hi CG,

Glad you mentioned that the lowest fares are in January. Don't the CC group cruises usually get even better rates, or some kind of bonus like a bottle of wine or on board credit, to boot?

Honestly Phyllis, I'm not sure. I would give a qualified "yes" to some added perks, but I haven't yet heard back from CC with any details so do not want to give out any incorrect information. It just makes common sense that the lower NCL's rate is, the lower the group fare will be.

I lived in St Thomas for 7 years and let me tell you there is only one month with bad weather (unless a hurricane strikes) and that is November. Very rainy in November.

So far, few November votes. :)

We were on Dawn Jan 24 and had some showers we could see from the ship but sunny when we docked. Just like Florida, the Caribbean can have a little shower, no lightning and thunder, and then clear up right away, so don't sweat it.

Thanks for the info. I had heard that TA's who's clients want guaranteed warm weather...both air and water temp...recommend the S. Caribbean in January and February. I'm guessing cause it's further south...duh. :p

CG

I want to get a month picked today so am just giving you some totals so far. At this time:

February: 10

April: 8

Jan & March: 7

The numbers are the number of people that have chosen that month, not the date in that month the cruise will be. We'll decide on an exact sailing date once we get approved by CC.

Also, just a thought that may cause some people to expand the months they chose.

Regarding spring breakers, I doubt we'll have many at all on a 9 day cruise, no matter when we go. Aren't most spring breaks just a week? I just checked the 2009 spring break schedule and didn't see one school listed as having more then a week off. So while some might choose to take an extra few days off of school and do a 9 day, I sincerely doubt it would be a lot of college kids.

So, as of now, our month will be February. I'll give this a couple more hours and then will send the email to CC about our destination and month choices, and take it from there.

CG

Sounds good CG.. It seems Spring Break starts mid Feb. for the Canadian's, and the last week of Feb. for northern state colleges. But I agree, I doubt too many spring breaker's would be sailing on a 9 day.

Okay everyone, February is the winner. I sent an email to CC requesting we be allowed to hold an official CC group cruise aboard the NCL Dawn, 9 day Southern Caribbean for February, 2011. As soon as I hear back from them, we'll proceed forward in getting an exact sailing date.

Who's excited? :D

CG

Hi everyone. I just wanted to jump on to say that I became a Grandma yesterday @ 1:15 AM to a 5 lb 5 oz little girl. Her name is Brooke. She was three weeks early but is doing just fine. I will teach her all about cruising then she can be my new roomie!

Sandy

Hi everyone. I just wanted to jump on to say that I became a Grandma yesterday @ 1:15 AM to a 5 lb 5 oz little girl. Her name is Brooke. She was three weeks early but is doing just fine. I will teach her all about cruising then she can be my new roomie!

Sandy

Another CruisingGram!

Sandy

Awwww... Congratulations, Sandy!! How wonderful for you and your precious granddaughter. Such a blessing. Thanks for letting us know! Hugs.

Hi CG - sorry but we won't be able to make February but I know that all will have a great time!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that. Chris and I won't be able to do it either, but have a great time!

Gee you guys, I'm really sorry. I know that you realize that we had to go with what the majority wanted. I marked everything down carefully as some said things like "January or February" or "late February or March" and when it was all totaled up, February came out the clear winner.

I'm really hoping that something happens that you all can end up making it. It's a long time away, so maybe something will change.

Again, I'm really sorry. :(

CG

Archived