Things To Pack For A Solstice Cruise

ChevyCruiser

Based on my experience, here's a list of things to pack for your Solstice cruise to make it more enjoyable/tolerable ;):

Earplugs - for the production shows because the volume is too loud:eek:

Folding Lawn Chair - because the Hotel Director does nothing to control Chair Hogs:mad:.

Golf Umbrella for Shade - because the Cabana Hogs will ensure you never have a shot at getting one:mad:.

Cafeteria Tray - because they are not provided at the buffet.

Leaf Blower (aft cabins only) - to blow the soot off your balcony in the morning before you sit on your balcony chairs.

Electric Shaver (men) - because the sink design prevents you from splashing water on your face to shave:eek:.

Stepladder - to reach the overhead storage cubby:eek:.

Nose Clips - for the sewer smells that occur at odd places all over the ship.

add plastic clip hangars--no clothesline in the shower.....:rolleyes:

but despite all these little shortcomings, it still adds up to be a great ship--we had a wonderful cruise!:)

Or how about "A ticket for another ship since in case every little detail on the Solstice doesn't suit your particular desires." Geez.

Geez yourself.

You should also print out the dress code from the Celebrity web site so you can "prove" that some people are not wearing what they should on what ever night that days dress code allows

Thanks, good idea.

Actually, you people helped me prove a point to a friend of mine about how toxic people are here on CC if anyone posts anything critical about their precious Solstice.

Does anyone have any more serious suggestions here?

I like the clothes line suggesiton. I have a line with clothes hooks attached. Are there things I can attached this to in the bathrooms? I also have some suction cup hooks - do I need those?

Are there enough hangers for a family of 3?

Do they have large cups for water and iced tea? This was an issue on another ship I was on.

Are there enough outlets for chargers - or should I bring by spliter? Can someone tell me if it has both american and european outlets like the Orchestra had.

Is there a hairdryer povided in the cabin like my last cruise?

Anything else you wish you took or took and didn't need?

Thanks

Actually, you people helped me prove a point to a friend of mine about how toxic people are here on CC if anyone posts anything critical about their precious Solstice.

Hi,

I don't think anyone was "toxic" to you at all. I just think your post was extremely negative. I like to read reviews and hear everything -- the good and bad, pros and cons of every ship -- but your post did not include anything good at all so it came off as very pessimistic. There must have been something you liked about the cruise?

Luckily there are lots of cruiselines and ships to choose from out there and there is something for everyone. Can't wait! I'll be on the Solstice in a week and am looking forward to it very much!

I like the clothes line suggesiton. I have a line with clothes hooks attached. Are there things I can attached this to in the bathrooms? I also have some suction cup hooks - do I need those? due to the shape of the bathroom not sure if htis would work. I dry things on a balcony chair or one of hte bathroom hooks.

Are there enough hangers for a family of 3? NO! but your room attendent should get you more. but alos the clsoet is small so plan on folding tihngs ans leave in suitcase- all shoudl fit under bed-

Do they have large cups for water and iced tea? This was an issue on another ship I was on. one size in cabin- take from pool area and rinse them out

Are there enough outlets for chargers - or should I bring by spliter? Can someone tell me if it has both american and european outlets like the Orchestra had. yes to outlets- not enough but better than many ships- yes to a spliter i guess- ont sure if you mean american power thing

Is there a hairdryer povided in the cabin like my last cruise? yes, but not great as others have said- i do not use one.

Anything else you wish you took or took and didn't need? too many shorts or pants- used the tops.

bandaids etc take

Thanks

welcome

I like the clothes line suggesiton. I have a line with clothes hooks attached. Are there things I can attached this to in the bathrooms? I also have some suction cup hooks - do I need those?

Are there enough hangers for a family of 3?

Do they have large cups for water and iced tea? This was an issue on another ship I was on.

Are there enough outlets for chargers - or should I bring by spliter? Can someone tell me if it has both american and european outlets like the Orchestra had.

Is there a hairdryer povided in the cabin like my last cruise?

Anything else you wish you took or took and didn't need?

Thanks

Not sure what category you are booked in but people have reported that there are no outside lights on the balconies. If you like to sit outside at night to read, bring a small booklight with you just in case. Mine is packed. :)

If you post stuff that always is critical expect what you get back. What did you enjoy if anything. If X is that bad switch to another line. I was on the Solstice was it perfect? No but it was still an enjoyable week and the lack of a tray or chair hogs (which you will find on all lines) is not going to make me a constaint whiner about the same stuff over and over.

Hi,

I don't think anyone was "toxic" to you at all. I just think your post was extremely negative. I like to read reviews and hear everything -- the good and bad, pros and cons of every ship -- but your post did not include anything good at all so it came off as very pessimistic. There must have been something you liked about the cruise?

Luckily there are lots of cruiselines and ships to choose from out there and there is something for everyone. Can't wait! I'll be on the Solstice in a week and am looking forward to it very much!

Negative and incredibly petty. The overhead storage compartments were too high? That's why they are called "overhead"... The music was too loud? Never heard that complaint... I guess that temperature everywhere needs to be within .5 degrees of your preferred temp or it is too hot or too cold.

So many wonderful, big things about the ship and all this character did was focus on a few small things he perceived to be wrong with the ship. That's the problem. The only thing toxic was his "review."

Based on my experience, here's a list of things to pack for your Solstice cruise to make it more enjoyable/tolerable ;):

Earplugs - for the production shows because the volume is too loud:eek:

Folding Lawn Chair - because the Hotel Director does nothing to control Chair Hogs:mad:.

Golf Umbrella for Shade - because the Cabana Hogs will ensure you never have a shot at getting one:mad:.

Cafeteria Tray - because they are not provided at the buffet.

Leaf Blower (aft cabins only) - to blow the soot off your balcony in the morning before you sit on your balcony chairs.

Electric Shaver (men) - because the sink design prevents you from splashing water on your face to shave:eek:.

Stepladder - to reach the overhead storage cubby:eek:.

Nose Clips - for the sewer smells that occur at odd places all over the ship.

Chevy - I hadn't heard about the scents in a while. I guess they still exist. Bummer.

I think I am going to use my luggage as rollout under-bed storage for the day to day items that I need to store rather than jump on the bed for the over-head storage. I can't imagine its convenient for items other than things you only need to take home like souveniers or other contingency items like umbrellas or a coat if one came in to FLL from the cold.

I think its good to note many of these issues, they need fixin'. May not be enough time for Equinox, but hopefully by Eclipse.

Negative and incredibly petty. The overhead storage compartments were too high? That's why they are called "overhead"... The music was too loud? Never heard that complaint... I guess that temperature everywhere needs to be within .5 degrees of your preferred temp or it is too hot or too cold.

So many wonderful, big things about the ship and all this character did was focus on a few small things he perceived to be wrong with the ship. That's the problem. The only thing toxic was his "review."

I cannot believe that you have never heard of this. It is the same in every Celebrity Theatre that I have been in, notably with the production shows.. Not only is it often too loud, but it is very sharp (treble) and I have on more than one occasion had to sit with fingers in ears to try and alleviate the searing sounds.:eek:

I cannot believe that you have never heard of this. It is the same in every Celebrity Theatre that I have been in, notably with the production shows.. Not only is it often too loud, but it is very sharp (treble) and I have on more than one occasion had to sit with fingers in ears to try and alleviate the searing sounds.:eek:

I was fine with the music. i sat in the front row too. also if you want loud go to a RCI pool on a sea day. way to much for me,. i treid it and i did not like it

CC I wish the original was tongue and cheek we all could get a laugh from it. Just look up the old posts these complaints have been around since early December. It did not stop my Christmas cruise and as I said it was very enjoyable was it perfect no, I don't expect a perfect cruise just a good one.

If one looks at the Smilies and the references by the OP, its not hard for at least me to see that the post was surely tongue in cheek. Too bad that was missed by others since it does seem to support an idea that reactions might have been a bit harsh for the satire that was presented.:o

How much clothes do you people bring:confused: We were on the Solstice in Feb, had plenty of room for our clothes, in the closet and in the overhead bin above the bed (it was not difficult to reach, I am 5'5). We had more than enough clothes for the both of us and plenty of room to store it. Also, in 7 days never smelt the "odor" people are complaining about. Maybe it was a lucky week and was gone that week, but neither of us encountered it. Go have FUN and don't sweat the small stuff!!!!

• 4 months later...
add plastic clip hangars--no clothesline in the shower.....:rolleyes:

but despite all these little shortcomings, it still adds up to be a great ship--we had a wonderful cruise!:)

what ship were you on that did not have close lines in the shower? thanks, barbara

I took a clothesline with me and could not figure out how to hang it up. Still, I really like the bathroom design. I do miss a handheld shower head though. I was always able to find a chair on deck, but rarely in a "choice" location.

I was attending a class first thing every morning and had a hard time staying up for the show after the very good dinner. I even fell asleep in one production show, so I guess I don't need the ear plugs.

I had such a good time I booked the upcoming transatlantic. Hope I can figure out how to get my clothes to dry.

Archived