Cancel Next Cruise Booking

I have to cancel my Next Cruise Booking deposit........Due to the economy and not having a job now, I'm not sure when I will be able to use this for another date:(

So my question is will I get my 600.00 dollars back?

Thanks

Mel

I'm not sure what their policy is. I work for a tour operator and we don't refund deposits.

I think you can change a name (ie transfer a booking) on a booking for like a $35 fee. IF that's the case, maybe you can sell your booking to someone on these boards, if it is a case that you'd lose all $600.

Good luck. I wish I could buy it from you! :(

I'm not sure what their policy is. I work for a tour operator and we don't refund deposits.

I think you can change a name (ie transfer a booking) on a booking for like a $35 fee. IF that's the case, maybe you can sell your booking to someone on these boards, if it is a case that you'd lose all $600.

what in the world are you talking about.

As long as the OP is not in the penalty period, the deposit is refundable. Only obnoxious, greedy TA's charge cancel fees.

I just did some research for you, which is right on RCCL's website:

Q: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund?

A: You will get a full refund if you notify us in writing 70 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine the cancellation charges applicable later.

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights

60+ No charges

59-30 Deposit amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

7 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

6 - 9 Nights

70+ No charges

69-30 Deposit amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

10+ Nights

70+ No charges

69-30 Deposit amount

29-15 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Holiday Sailings:

6-8 nights

90+ No charges

89-30 Deposit Amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)**

9+ nights

90+ No charges

89-30 Deposit Amount

29-15 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)**

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Cruisinfanatic...

I don't know what you do for a living, but when was the last time you worked for FREE???

Travel agents put a lot of time into their job, whether it is training, or research for a client. Many times we spend hours and hours checking out various dates, cruise lines, ships, prices, etc, to find the best deal for our clients. Cruise lines do not pay us a ton of commission either, and if you cancel, then we do not get paid one cent for all the work that we have already put in. With the current economy, cruises are so cheap, that I have done a ton of work for a sale that only gives us a $25 commission. Sometimes the price of a cruise drops, which creates more work for me, and my commission even goes down, but I do my job with a smile and I don't complain about it. I am happy if my client is happy!

So yes, some of us have cancellation penalties for that reason. Some also have booking fees to safeguard against losing a commission should a client cancel. You have no idea of some of the things we go through for our clients...sometimes getting yelled at for things that aren't even our fault, or that we have no control over. So unless you want to spend a week in the shoes of a TA, chill out. We deserve to be paid for our work just as much as anyone else!

I believe that Next Cruise deposits are non-refundable, BUT, you can pick a specific cruise and move your NC to that cruise. Then, a bit later, you can cancel the specific cruise and get all your deposit back if you cancel before the final payment is due. Call RCI and ask about whether the NC deposit would be refunded. If the answer is no, do as I have suggested. I'd certainly hate to lose $600!!

As stated, the next cruise deposits are not refundable. Is it possible to book something in 2010 when things might be more stable for you? If you have already made a booking using a next cruse deposit, just tell them you want to change to another sailing. If you did not use a Next cruise deposit, the cancellation information provided can help you out.

I have changed sailings from one year to the next and then again due to all kinds of issues. Your booking number remains the same and they never mind making the changes.

Cruisinfanatic...

I don't know what you do for a living, but when was the last time you worked for FREE???

Travel agents put a lot of time into their job, whether it is training, or research for a client. Many times we spend hours and hours checking out various dates, cruise lines, ships, prices, etc, to find the best deal for our clients. Cruise lines do not pay us a ton of commission either, and if you cancel, then we do not get paid one cent for all the work that we have already put in. With the current economy, cruises are so cheap, that I have done a ton of work for a sale that only gives us a $25 commission. Sometimes the price of a cruise drops, which creates more work for me, and my commission even goes down, but I do my job with a smile and I don't complain about it. I am happy if my client is happy!

So yes, some of us have cancellation penalties for that reason. Some also have booking fees to safeguard against losing a commission should a client cancel. You have no idea of some of the things we go through for our clients...sometimes getting yelled at for things that aren't even our fault, or that we have no control over. So unless you want to spend a week in the shoes of a TA, chill out. We deserve to be paid for our work just as much as anyone else!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

-signed,

A Tour Operator

Thanks for all your responses but to clear things up ......I put the 100 per person down while I was on the cruise (family of 4 = 400.00) .......So all I needed was the 600.00......I understand I can't get the 400 back I was wondering can I get the 600.00 back. Then when I'm ready to book again all I have to do is come up with the 600.

Mel

Thanks for all your responses but to clear things up ......I put the 100 per person down while I was on the cruise (family of 4 = 400.00) .......So all I needed was the 600.00......I understand I can't get the 400 back I was wondering can I get the 600.00 back. Then when I'm ready to book again all I have to do is come up with the 600.

Mel

You will get the $400 back, too, if you cancel a booked cruise. At least I always have.:)

I don't know if you can cancel the booking and keep the NC - I think you would have to transfer to another booking, which of course would keep your entire deposit tied up.

Marci, the $400 is what the OP paid for a Next Cruise booking for 4 people ($100 each). Then s/he booked a cruise that required $250pp total deposit, so had to come up with another $600.

OP, for future reference, if you book another NC, just book it as a single traveller. Then you only have to put down $100. YOu can add other people when you actually book a cruise.:)

Cruisinfanatic...

Guess what I do for a living, at least part time?

I charge no fees for cancellation or changes to a bookings that I make. In my mind (and other TA's), anyone that pays a fee is crazy.

ty critterchick, I understood right after I hit send and then this glitchy board wouldn't let me edit fast enough.

I wouldn't book something 2010 since the benefit is not that great. They have promotions for OBC and reduced deposits so I would wait rather than hold up your money (unless you will be charged a penalty).

ty critterchick, I understood right after I hit send and then this glitchy board wouldn't let me edit fast enough.

I wouldn't book something 2010 since the benefit is not that great. They have promotions for OBC and reduced deposits so I would wait rather than hold up your money (unless you will be charged a penalty).

And I didn't get back soon enough to edit mine, LOL.

OP, if you need that $1000 now, then I'd cancel the booking, too.

Guess what I do for a living, at least part time?

I charge no fees for cancellation or changes to a bookings that I make. In my mind (and other TA's), anyone that pays a fee is crazy.

I agree with this. I do not know any TA's that charge fees like that other person stated. I would never use a TA that did that and I can't imagine why anyone would.

If the OP needs all her/his deposit back, just cancel before the final payment date.

If she/he wants to retain the Next Cruise booking number for a future OBC then select a far out 5 night or less cruise which only requires a $100 per person deposit, switch the NC booking to that cruise and request the balance of the current deposit be refunded back. When they decide on a actual cruise they want, it is a simple matter to again transfer the NC booking to that cruise and pay whatever the balance of the deposit required.

BTW, Cruisinfanatic...if you book a tour with someone like Globus for example, and you give them a $250 deposit, it's non-refundable and non-transferable!

I think it's great the RCCL will give you back your deposit at the 70-day mark, but non-refundable is NOT unheard of.

delete

Archived