Time to get ashore in Cayman

We are sailing on Voyager, and I am trying to get an idea of how long it will take us to get ashore in Cayman. We get in at 10, and I am hoping to take a non-cruise-line tour at 11:15, does this seem reasonable? Also, can anyone confirm if "ships time" is "port time" in Cayman?

Thanks!

Voyager sails from Galveston, Texas which is at this time on CDT,

Grand Cayman is on EST and does not have daylight saving time, so on your date April 1, 2009 ( in Grand Cayman) the time is the same.

Wes

Make sure you are on one of the first couple of tenders and you should come out just fine. The tours know when your ship comes in etc...

I think we were on shore 30 minutes after arrival time in GC...ended up on the 1st tender without any hassles.

We are on the Navigator on April 11th and will also be visiting the Grand Caymans. We booked a non ship excursion. We were notified of a time change causing them to rebook our reservations for a later time. Just be certain to clarify ship time and Grand Cayman time so you don't miss your excursion and don't miss the last tender to the ship. For me, I believe Grand Caymans is an hour behind ship time, but I'll be certain to double check once on board.

We are on the Navigator on April 11th and will also be visiting the Grand Caymans. We booked a non ship excursion. We were notified of a time change causing them to rebook our reservations for a later time. Just be certain to clarify ship time and Grand Cayman time so you don't miss your excursion and don't miss the last tender to the ship. For me, I believe Grand Caymans is an hour behind ship time, but I'll be certain to double check once on board.

Hi,

there is a difference:

Voyager sails from Galveston, Texas which is on CDT,

Navigator sails from Fort Lauderdale, Florida which is on EDT,

George Town, Grand Cayman is on EST all year ( does not observe daylight saving time).

So there is adifference of 1 hr for your ship (April 13 in GC) if it stays on EDT ( and it might) but there is no difference for Voyager ( Apr 1 , 09 ).

Wes

Assuming it is a reputable company you are going through, they will wait a little. They should be quite familiar with how long the tender process takes.

We were supposed to go to GC couple weeks back, but weather stopped all of us from tendering at all.

We were just on Voyager the first week of March. We were on CST time on board the ship. When we arranged our off ship excursion the tour company let us know our first choice would not work and they reserved the correct time for us. If this happens to be Capt Marvin's just e-mail them, they were very quick to let us know what would work with our schedule. We also had one of our party pick up tender tickets at 8:30 that morning so we could be on the first tenders out. SUPER easy! Have a great trip.

Archived