What is the TRUTH on OBC's with Regent?

Zoolander

We are finding our own hotel at the end of our trip. Is it possible to use OBC for transfers from the port to hotel at the end of a sailing?
Sure, if you convert your OBC into cash and use that =) Alternatively, you can book the transfer through the travel concierge, who will place the cahge on your on board account. I fyour OBC covers it, great, otherwise the balance will go on your credit card.

As of Sunday, straight from "the horses' mouth", you can no longer use OBC from Amex toward a future booking deposit. One of our group tried, was first told yes, then after contact with headquarters, was told this policy had been changed very recently.

As of Sunday, straight from "the horses' mouth", you can no longer use OBC from Amex toward a future booking deposit. One of our group tried, was first told yes, then after contact with headquarters, was told this policy had been changed very recently.

Pam, thanks for the update. It looks like the Navigator may have a very irate passenger onboard this August. :(

In addition to the $300 Amex credit, I have an additional $500 SBC from Regent. If that also cannot be used, that irate passenger will be extremely irate. :( :(

I am. It will be a wonderful cruise mixing wonderful sites, fantastic food, great service, and a great group of friends, some of whom I have met before and some I have yet to meet.

Oops, I forgot to mention the free flowing beverages enhanced by the great Ouzo and Retsina ashore.

Marc: Are you or any of your friends going into Athens early or staying over in Istanbul? If so, what do you know about airport transfer from the Athens airport to the hotel and any advice on tours before we board ship. The same on the Istanbul end. Thanks.

Bill:):)

We were just in Athens for three days last year. Athens is a good city to do on your own if you can walk. Hit the Acropolis/Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Agora, Plaka, and Syntagma Square. A good two days should be enough. August will be kind of hot so plan on some taxis. Think Atlanta in August and you have Athens in August. We used a guid to Temple of Poseidon and transfer to ship if you are interested but he might be booked up already.

When we get to Istanbul, we will be flying immediately to Copenhagen to board the Voyager so we will not have a post cruise. There are many people here and on other boards that have been to Istanbul and have great recommendations on hotels and guides. Sorry, I am of no help as I have never been to Istanbul.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

We were just in Athens for three days last year. Athens is a good city to do on your own if you can walk. Hit the Acropolis/Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Agora, Plaka, and Syntagma Square. A good two days should be enough. August will be kind of hot so plan on some taxis. Think Atlanta in August and you have Athens in August. We used a guid to Temple of Poseidon and transfer to ship if you are interested but he might be booked up already.

When we get to Istanbul, we will be flying immediately to Copenhagen to board the Voyager so we will not have a post cruise. There are many people here and on other boards that have been to Istanbul and have great recommendations on hotels and guides. Sorry, I am of no help as I have never been to Istanbul.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

That is wonderful news, Mr. Levin, but what exactly dowes it have to do with the subject of this discussion: converting on board credits to cash? Jut FYI, I also have never been to Istanbul =)

Rally, Post #34 was in a reply to questions asked in Post #33. No more no less.

I do not apprciate your attack.

Marc, I did not mean to attack you and if you took it that way I apologize. I merely pointed out that your post (and for that matter the post you replied to) has nothing to do with this thread and perhaps, as a courtesy, ought to be posted somewhere else. No more no less. If someone asks about the weather in San Diego in the next post do you think it appropriate to reply on this post about Regent OBCs? Well, maybe yes? 'Scuse the ring =)

Rally, blame it on Billybob! Sometimes threads have a way of taking on another life, not that they should, it just happens!

On this thread, Marc (before replying to Billybob) was actually trying to address another OBC he has called an SBC. I'm certain I know what this is. (Right now, I don't) Do you? :)

Marc, I did not mean to attack you and if you took it that way I apologize. I merely pointed out that your post (and for that matter the post you replied to) has nothing to do with this thread and perhaps, as a courtesy, ought to be posted somewhere else. No more no less. If someone asks about the weather in San Diego in the next post do you think it appropriate to reply on this post about Regent OBCs? Well, maybe yes? 'Scuse the ring =)

The high in San Diego Wednesday will be 72 degrees;) On the subject of OBCs, it's clear that Regent is in transition in terms of their policies. The OBC and excursion policies are being administered inconsistantly which is frustrating to many Regent customers. I would not assume that any of the above scenario's would be in place when you are on your cruise. JMO

Bill, perhaps you should post a new thread to get your questions answered about Athens and Istanbul. I have done this route, but hesitate to put info here since: 1. it will get lost to others; 2. the moderator doesn't like threads that go off topic.

What's an SBC?

I'm going to take a wild guess that SBC = ShipBoard Credit, but I don't know where the difference lies. Maybe the SBC's are issued by Regent because of a missed port or other problem in the past?

The Amex credit shows up on my invoices as Ship Board Credit (SBC). In addition, Regent gave us $500 SBC for upcoming Med cruise. These are not associated with compensation for a past cruise (that I know of). Reminds me, though, that I still haven't received fuel surcharge refund from last year.

Archived