Shore Excursion Cancellation Deadline

Av8tor

I know that Princess has deadlines for the latest time to cancel a shore excursion, but never really paid any attention to them since the only ones I've ever booked through them I've never wanted to cancel. But I have booked an excursion for the first port on my next cruise that I MIGHT want to cancel depending on the weather forecast. We get on the ship on a Saturday and the tour is for the next day, Sunday. Will I have an opportunity to cancel without charge once I'm on the boat? Thanks

AV8tor,

From what I recall, Princess generally asks you to cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the excursion start time. Given your first tour is a little more than 12 hours after embarkation, I'd suggest you check the weather for the port in question prior to leaving for your departure port and make the go/no-go decision at that point.

Ciao for now!!!

I had thought it was 48 hours also, but that wouldn't really work for a Sunday tour when you only board Saturday afternoon. Even the personalizer on the Princess Website is locked out on the day before boarding if not earlier so that wouldn't work either...

Has anyone ever not been able to cancel a tour at the first port call?

From what I recall, Princess generally asks you to cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the excursion start time. Given your first tour is a little more than 12 hours after embarkation, I'd suggest you check the weather for the port in question prior to leaving for your departure port and make the go/no-go decision at that point.

I thought it was 48 hours...
It all depends on the port. For some ports, it's 24 hours, others it's 48 hours -- or longer. Chances are that you'll be able to cancel it that first night but read your Patter when you board the ship; there'll be the date and time for canceling the tour.

I know that Princess has deadlines for the latest time to cancel a shore excursion, but never really paid any attention to them since the only ones I've ever booked through them I've never wanted to cancel. But I have booked an excursion for the first port on my next cruise that I MIGHT want to cancel depending on the weather forecast. We get on the ship on a Saturday and the tour is for the next day, Sunday. Will I have an opportunity to cancel without charge once I'm on the boat? Thanks

The deadline will probably be 7pm on the day you embark.

Archived