Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

Oh dear, wonder where I fit in .

Born Welsh (mining valley in what was Glamorgan) Lived in London 30's.40's travelled world until 77, emigrated, became American in 82,lived in Florida since 90.

I am am very much a "mongrel"

Normally manage to fit in on a cruise , though there are exceptions of course . On QM2 on one cruise sat at table with a very crass German, who delighted in telling the table how he bombed London in l940! Another time had the English Mother from Hell,who amongst her other conversation, informed me I should be ashamed of myself for emigrating.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise , and if a passenger is unpleasant just attribute it to low intelligence and bad manners.

WHEW!!! We had some concerns about booking the Queen Victoria for the June 23rd voyage, but, after reading these delightfully witty and satirical comments, we will be "right at home"! We can mix it up with the best of 'em. I guess we'll have to bring along our own coffee. Booking, booking, booking.........

One question...Will the Duchess of Cornwall, be on board?

Well, Her picture will be as She is the QV's Godmother.

Ouch Jim & Rob:D

Jimsgirl, I agree Bad Manners travel too.:eek:

Happy Sailing Everyone!

Denise

Oh dear, wonder where I fit in .

Born Welsh (mining valley in what was Glamorgan) Lived in London 30's.40's travelled world until 77, emigrated, became American in 82,lived in Florida since 90.

I am am very much a "mongrel"

Normally manage to fit in on a cruise , though there are exceptions of course . On QM2 on one cruise sat at table with a very crass German, who delighted in telling the table how he bombed London in l940! Another time had the English Mother from Hell,who amongst her other conversation, informed me I should be ashamed of myself for emigrating.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise , and if a passenger is unpleasant just attribute it to low intelligence and bad manners.

Can you give us a tip as to how you managed to emigrate legally and get naturalised at that age, or did you have relatives there?

The hay is very good quality in QG....., although it does require special ordering ;)!

Rob/Robin, long time no speak. Hope all is well with you both! Been busy with work here so been absent from the Boards for a while. We are looking forward to our next QM2 trip.

As for the OP's concerns, there is NO need to worry, we met such lovely people from ALL countries on our Tandem trip last October without ANY problem, albeit with one transitory exception.....

It's your holiday, ENJOY.

Cheers.....:D:D:D

The hay is very good quality in QG....., although it does require special ordering ;)!

Rob/Robin, long time no speak. Hope all is well with you both! Been busy with work here so been absent from the Boards for a while. We are looking forward to our next QM2 trip.

As for the OP's concerns, there is NO need to worry, we met such lovely people from ALL countries on our Tandem trip last October without ANY problem, albeit with one transitory exception.....

It's your holiday, ENJOY.

Cheers.....:D:D:D

Oh, special hay is it, well I can understand that, I just hope we dont have to pay for it.

Yes long time no chat, I hear jackie & brian came down to see you both, that was nice to do, a mini reunion??? Maybe we will have to something in London some time.

Transitory exception, now theres 2 words to deal with, who, what and where.LOL

Oh, special hay is it, well I can understand that, I just hope we dont have to pay for it.

Yes long time no chat, I hear jackie & brian came down to see you both, that was nice to do, a mini reunion??? Maybe we will have to something in London some time.

Transitory exception, now theres 2 words to deal with, who, what and where.LOL

It's very special and the troughs were beautifully presented... ;)

We had a FANTASTIC time with them when they visited and we've booked the same QM2 trip in October. J sends her best and thinks something in London would be a great idea! We'd love to see you both!!

Cheers ;),

Iain....

It's very special and the troughs were beautifully presented... ;)

We had a FANTASTIC time with them when they visited and we've booked the same QM2 trip in October. J sends her best and thinks something in London would be a great idea! We'd love to see you both!!

Cheers ;),

Iain....

Iian, they are so nice, both of them, dont tell I said so?, maybe something in London in the future then.

So your exception was??? I thought you got on with most people, even us boring old devils lol

Iian, they are so nice, both of them, dont tell I said so?, maybe something in London in the future then.

So your exception was??? I thought you got on with most people, even us boring old devils lol

Indeed I do, and you were neither boring nor old devils!!! I am a gentleman.......despite the unfortunate "exception" concerned ;) (thankfully, down to one word, phew....)

However, put it this way, WE all sing from the same Hymn sheet on this one......

Ps: I think both J and B suspect you like them! Orff to bed now, but looking forward to my G20 "mid-week break"...

Cheers.... ;)

Iain

Indeed I do, and you were neither boring nor old devils!!! I am a gentleman.......despite the unfortunate "exception" concerned ;) (thankfully, down to one word, phew....)

However, put it this way, WE all sing from the same Hymn sheet on this one......

Ps: I think both J and B suspect you like them! Orff to bed now, but looking forward to my G20 "mid-week break"...

Cheers.... ;)

Iain

Ok, well Im not much of a singer, but I am with you now, yes I think we all realise something in that exception, I wish I known before the tandem crossing.

Enjoy G20, hope it goes smoothly.

As an Englishman what really ticks me off is that Xenophobia is a bloody Greek word!

Gari

That's what's so good about the English - our altruism and ability with languages. They even speak Greek in Yorkshire - what more could a visitor need.

That's what's so good about the English - our altruism and ability with languages. They even speak Greek in Yorkshire - what more could a visitor need.

Not too sure about their Airline though......

Apologies to Jackie in advance! :D

You see, you're not the only one to make mistakes on this board Gari!

It was a rhetorical question so therefore didn't need an answer but nonetheless, I should not have been so remiss. :o

Your abject apology is recognised. Do try harder in future.

As for me making mestakes -- wel reely!!! the verry idear!.

Garee

Not too sure about their Airline though......

Apologies to Jackie in advance! :D

Splendid :)

And some people think that only QM2 has a two tier system and facilities for dogs :D

By the way- are mushy peas available every night in the Grills or is there a charge?

Splendid :)

And some people think that only QM2 has a two tier system and facilities for dogs :D

By the way- are mushy peas available every night in the Grills or is there a charge?

From what I learned on another site which had an interview with the QM2 Executive Chef Mushy Peas are prepared in the Britannia galley and then sent upstairs to the Grill galley where the Sevruga garnish is delicately added ;)

Archived