Lower Promenade Room Questions

dallascruiser

I will be in a lower promenade outside cabin room for the first time and wanted to know if you can see in the windows. Some people said on cc that you could only during the night, why not during the day?

Also, is there noise that can be heard in these cabins of people walking on the deck outside?

I usually stay in a balcony cabin, but all the balconies were sold out when I purchased the cruise. I purchased a DD guar and was upgraded to C in the center of the ship. I was really pleased with the upgrade.

Thanks in Advance for your info.

Linda

I will be in a lower promenade outside cabin room for the first time and wanted to know if you can see in the windows. Some people said on cc that you could only during the night, why not during the day?

Also, is there noise that can be heard in these cabins of people walking on the deck outside?

We were in a Loewr Promenade cabin on the Amsterdam. The windows are tinted. During the day it is virtually impossible to see inside a cabin - you had to stick your nose against the window to see something (which was not much). At night when it was lighter inside than outside you could see in, so draw the curtains then!

We never heard people walking outside and the only thing we heard was when they washed down the deck and that did not last very long.

Two problems with lower promenade cabins. If you have a cabin next to one of the many doors leading outside to the deck and if it is windy, expect to hear the door slam many times. If you are close to where they stack the deck chairs each night, expect some slight noise in the morning.

Jim

The windows are half-silvered, so from the outside in daylight they are essentially a mirror, unless you are right up to the glass with your eyes cupped.

The only times we even noticed outside people was when the ship was positioned in such a way that shadows crossed the window as people went by.

But - both times we had LP rooms there was a life-jacket locker or a wooden (immovable) bench, so we never had anyone using loungers right outside the window.

We were on a promenade deck on the Ryndam 5/2008. We were not bothered by people walking by the room. You couldn't see in from the outside unless your eyes were pressed onto the glass. At night, we close the curtains anyway. We didn't mind at all.

When I cruise I have the drapes open fully the entire time - night and day. So for me, a cabin on the lower promenade would be a huge disappointment - and I would be trying to get it changed.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

If we can't have a balcony, then being on the LP is our choice. Trying to think... I believe 3 trips.

We weren't bothered by noise, or opening and closing of doors, and we have had a cabin right next to the door.

Sometimes we order room service coffee in the mornings, then take it out with us.

When the ship arrives/leaves, and at sunrise/sunset you can walk out on the LP and enjoy. It's right there.

Seems we do a lot more walking when we are on that deck too.

It is my understanding that HAL is going to change some of the LP O/V room on the S-class ships. If I understand correctly, there will be a door (slider??? not sure) that will lead out on to the LP.

Have a great Cruise!

I usually stay in a balcony cabin, but all the balconies were sold out when I purchased the cruise. I purchased a DD guar and was upgraded to C in the center of the ship. I was really pleased with the upgrade.

Thanks in Advance for your info.

Linda

Our first cruise on HAL was on the lower promenade, we had to ask for a another cabin as the noise from the galley above during the night kept us awake. On the Volendam this year we met a man with the same problem only he could not be moved as the ship was full. We never had noise from the outside deck or problems with people looking in the two days we were on the L.P. deck

It is my understanding that HAL is going to change some of the LP O/V room on the S-class ships. If I understand correctly, there will be a door (slider??? not sure) that will lead out on to the LP.

The Veendam will have these rooms after drydock, they are called Lanai cabins, and if I had one of these rooms I'd be happy to be on the LP, but otherwise I think I'm fine with being on the deck below near the stairs.

I have sailed in these cabins several times. The cabins below the galley on port side can be very noisy at different times during the day. If you are an early riser and out and about quite a bit, it would not be a big drawback. Otherwise I would avoid LP cabins in that particular area.

The LP cabins also seem slightly shorter door to window, but same width as others. There is room only for a love seat rather than the full size sofa you find in the D cabins.

Still, for the convenient access to outside, I think they are great cabins.

I too like having the drapes open and looking into the ocean. But for my upcoming cruise, I booked an HH on the Promenade deck because it was a HUGE saving for me. For what I saved, I will happily have the drapes closed :)

On the Amsterdam HHs are obstructed view so depending on which ship your are on you might not see the ocean anyway - unless you take a peek at an awkward angle. :)

The room steward will always close the lace 'privacy' curtains for you each evening we he turns down the bed.

The first time we had a stateroom on the LP deck we took turns going outside and sticking our noses up to the window to see just how difficult it was to 'peep'. It's HARD! And the looks you get from the promenade strollers will quickly dissuade even the most persistent peeper. :p

According to one of the Hotel Managers, the new Lanai staterooms will have an EXIT ONLY sliding door, and there will be no assigned seating or railings to make any kind of 'private' space outside on the teak deck.

I love, love, love these cabins. So easy to access the deck and do some walking or picture taking. As long as there's plenty of light coming into the room, I'm fine. Just make sure the cabin isn't too far into the bow or stern where it can be dark and absolutely no view.

We are booked in lower prom' C390 H/C cabin on Ryndam for upcoming Mexico cruise.

It seems to be very convenient for everything being close to the elevators. My DW has mobility problems so that is a plus. Looking at the deck plans it seems to be just before the obstucted view section ( it is not listed as obstucted).

Any comments?, has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Thanks

We are booked in lower prom' C390 H/C cabin on Ryndam for upcoming Mexico cruise.

Any comments?, has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Thanks

It looks like quite a large room from the deck plans! We haven't stayed in that room, but we were in 394 on the Statendam and I can tell you that ours was a quiet location. :) You will be able to see water looking both ways out your window, whereas we could see nothing but steel wall looking to the left.

Archived