Guarantee ov subject to change?

bennifer

We are traveling with some friends and they booked an OV guarantee. We checked Carnivals site today and they are assigned to the very last stateroom (1265 on the Pride) next to the galley and across from the night club. Is the room subject to change? Or is what they see, what they get? He is pretty pissed and wants to cancel. I tried very nicely to remind him that they did book a guarantee and thats kind of the risk you take when you do that. Is there anything that can be done, or any hope of a cabin change? It would be about $600 to upgrade, so thats not really an option. Thanks!

They did try to call their pvp and she basically told them what I did. She did say that IF there were any ov's available on sail date, they may be able to get a different cabin. But she also said there were only 13 ov left!

We are traveling with some friends and they booked an OV guarantee. We checked Carnivals site today and they are assigned to the very last stateroom (1265 on the Pride) next to the galley and across from the night club. Is the room subject to change? Or is what they see, what they get? He is pretty pissed and wants to cancel. I tried very nicely to remind him that they did book a guarantee and thats kind of the risk you take when you do that. Is there anything that can be done, or any hope of a cabin change? It would be about $600 to upgrade, so thats not really an option. Thanks!

Dont know if anything can be done, as you say when you book a gty you know the risks. But if they cancel, how much would they get back at this late date.

Most of the rooms are pretty soundproof, maybe it wouldnt be as bad as they fear. Thats the best I can think of. Iv only booked one guarantee on Carnival, because there is usually a cabin I want more than I want to take the chance of being upgraded.

Gosh, it's too bad your friends didn't listen to you. :( You should never book a guarantee unless you are willing to get assigned to the worst cabin in that category, which it sounds like you tried to tell them.

I have read of people getting their guarantee cabin changed as late as upon arrival at the cruise terminal, but it sounds like that is pretty rare.

As someone else said, the cabins are usually pretty soundproof, but it's hard to say being right by the galley and night club.

Does he have a sense of humor? Tell him to drink a lot, close down the night club, and then pass out......maybe he'll be too far gone to hear the noise from the galley! :p

Seriously, though, I hope it all works out ok for all of you.

They really need to reconsider. That cabin location looks great. It is near the galley, not the dining room and at the end of a hall. That will likely be one of the quietest cabins on the ship. It is also right near a set of elevators. Keep in mind that elevators on the Riveria deck are not busy like other decks. That is a great cabin location!

tell them to take a chance, worse case scenerio set aside airfare money from your first non us port back. if there upset tell the purser and carnival will refund the full price plus the cost of airfare back. i have a feelin they will offer a hefty obc to stay, making the cabin worth it.

Guest TropicOne

He would not get the full price back.See below.

VACATION GUARANTEE VALID ONLY IF GUEST ADVISES SHIP’S INFORMATION DESK OF ELECTION TO DEBARK AND RECEIVE PRO-RATA REFUND BEFORE THE SHIP’S ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST NON-U.S. PORT OF CALL. Refund amount will be calculated by multiplying (x) amount of cruise fare paid by guest by (y) number of unused cruise nights, divided by (z) total number of cruise nights of guest’s voyage. Refund will include the amount of an Economy fare airline ticket from port of debarkation to port of embarkation. To receive refund, guest must send copy of purchased airline ticket to the Refunds department. Refund checks will be mailed within 30 days of cruise termination. Guests paying by credit card will have the money refunded to the same card. Carnival will not be responsible for any incidental expenses of guests following debarkation. Other limitations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND NOT APPLICABLE ON ALASKA, EUROPE, HAWAII, PANAMA CANAL, SOUTH AMERICA ITINERARIES AND CRUISES-TO-NOWHERE. The number of cruise days before arrival at first non-U.S. port of call varies by itinerary. See any travel agent for more information. Vacation Guarantee applies to cruise departures through and including December 12, 2009. Applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda.

Archived