Concierge Tipping?

Salsa Dancer

We're leaving for the Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas this Saturday (Royal Caribbean). I've searched here for info on tipping the Concierge in the deck 10 Concierge Lounge. How much would you recommend for a 7 day cruise and how is the tipping handled? Do you hand it over in an envelope at the end of the cruise and is the envelope provided by the cruise line?

Part 2 of my question is in regard to the Concierge Lounge bartender. Since the drinks are at no charge for guests who have access to that lounge, I wondered how the tipping is handled...in cash...at point of service? or at the very end of the cruise in an envelope and are the envelopes provided.

I'm almost packed and those two things are the last bits of info that I need for planning.

Leaving tomorrow so an answer tonight would be extremelly helpful.

Thanks!

If the concierge performs duties for you, then tip what you feel that is worth--and I'd tip at the end of the cruise, unless they didn't something particularly difficult! $10 would be an appropriate amount if all they did was get you ice show tickets or tender tickets....it will really depend on what they do for you and how much you value that service!

Something to keep in mind is that the Concierge is responsible for insuring the continental breakfast and happy hour go smoothly. He is also insures the coffee machine is up and running. So although you may not use his/her services directly he/she is taking care of things for you in the backround.

As for bartenders I have seen tipping done at the end of the evening and at the end of the cruise. Typically we tip the bartender a couple bucks each night after we use the lounge.

We usually tip the Concierge the same amount we tip our room attendant. We tip him at the end of the cruise. We will tip him more if something exceptional was done during the cruise. There is a tip form, available only in the Concierge lounge, that enables you to charge the Concierge tip on your sea pass with your other tips.

We tip the bartenders with cash during the cruise. Depending on the length of the cruise, we tip them at least every third day, usually $5 to $10 each time.

Archived