Balcony Furniture

cruisinnorth

Hi All,

I have a question about balcony furniture. We are considering booking a midship cabin on the Caribe deck on the Ruby Princess. My better half has only two things she wants in a cabin selection... one it has to be on a Princess ship and two, she would really like a lounge chair out on the balcony. The Caribe decks are bigger, 9 x 9 and have the room... is there already, or is it possible to get, a lounge chair for the balcony on this deck?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Hi All,

I have a question about balcony furniture. We are considering booking a midship cabin on the Caribe deck on the Ruby Princess. My better half has only two things she wants in a cabin selection... one it has to be on a Princess ship and two, she would really like a lounge chair out on the balcony. The Caribe decks are bigger, 9 x 9 and have the room... is there already, or is it possible to get, a lounge chair for the balcony on this deck?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Dave, you will not be able to get a complete lounge chair (such is at the pools) for your balcony. There are recliner type chairs though and small table thingys to use as foot stools. Since the star fire, any furniture that is not fire retardent is not allowed on the balconys therefore no way to get them to bring a lounge down from the pool like we used to be able to.

Hi All,

Thanks for the information everyone... the existing chairs, as pictured, should do just fine. We really weren't considering having a steward bring up a deck lounge for us... I sort of thought there was something in between... and it appears there is.

Thanks Again,

Dave

Thanks for the information everyone... the existing chairs, as pictured, should do just fine. We really weren't considering having a steward bring up a deck lounge for us... I sort of thought there was something in between... and it appears there is.
Glad you're OK with the half-loungers since your steward can't bring a deck lounger and put it on your balcony since they're not fire-retardant. I know some people ask their steward to do it and have gotten loungers but it's a very bad idea. Also, if you had a lounger, the steward would have to remove one or more of the chairs.

WOW....I am always amazed how many times my questions are answered before I have a chance to ask......thanks everybody!!

We are looking to book on the Emerald and I was just wondering the same thing about the balcony furniture......geez we must all be physic or something...:p

So it sounds like a BA catagory balcony is just what I am looking for.

Dave, you will not be able to get a complete lounge chair (such is at the pools) for your balcony. There are recliner type chairs though and small table thingys to use as foot stools. Since the star fire, any furniture that is not fire retardent is not allowed on the balconys therefore no way to get them to bring a lounge down from the pool like we used to be able to.

i thought the suites had the full lounge chairs

i thought the suites had the full lounge chairs

Yes, full suites do have full lounges but they are not the type found at the pool. I don't think the OP was asking about full suites. I might be wrong, but it's usually mentioned in the question when that is the case. And there are no full suites midship on the Caribe deck on the Ruby Princess. ;)

We were last on Princess in 2005. On the two ships we were on - there was a dining table on our balconies. Do they still have this bigger size table on the balconies on Caribe deck or do they have to have a cocktail table (like RCCL)?

Thanks,

Canuck

We were last on Princess in 2005. On the two ships we were on - there was a dining table on our balconies. Do they still have this bigger size table on the balconies on Caribe deck or do they have to have a cocktail table (like RCCL)?

Thanks,

Canuck

Yes, there are still tables and chairs suitable for dining on the balconys.

Toto - Excellent! Thanks for answering. You are very helpful on this forum!:) We have a fold-up travel dining table that we cart on RCCL cruises (they don't give you a table:mad:) and I was so looking forward to Princess so we didn't have to pack the table - lol - but thought I better check if they still had them!

Canuck

Toto - Excellent! Thanks for answering. You are very helpful on this forum!:) We have a fold-up travel dining table that we cart on RCCL cruises (they don't give you a table:mad:) and I was so looking forward to Princess so we didn't have to pack the table - lol - but thought I better check if they still had them!

Canuck

Oh, that would be a pain having to cart your own table with you? RCI won't even provide one if you ask?

The tables on Princess, all except in full suites, aren't all that huge, but they are suitable for most needs. And if you decide to order the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, they will usually bring in a larger table and set it up.

KJ-Happen to have a picture to share of the table on the regular balconys? I know you have one somewhere............. :) :) (and thanks for the full suite balcony furniture pic.) ;)

WOW....I am always amazed how many times my questions are answered before I have a chance to ask......thanks everybody!!

We are looking to book on the Emerald and I was just wondering the same thing about the balcony furniture......geez we must all be physic or something...:p

So it sounds like a BA catagory balcony is just what I am looking for.

But it has to be a BA on Caribe, the other BA's are standard 4ft 6" deep balconies with only 2 chairs.

But it has to be a BA on Caribe, the other BA's are standard 4ft 6" deep balconies with only 2 chairs.

Thanks!!! Since we have never sailed Princess I am still trying to learn what each catagory means. We have sailed enough to know that location and type means everything.

We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary and hubby's 60th birthday so we are trying to get a good balcony cabin or suite without "breaking the bank"......

We would love to have had a mini-suite but having one in a good location may be out of our price range. Would a balcony on either Lido or Caribe be a good choice?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!!! Since we have never sailed Princess I am still trying to learn what each catagory means. We have sailed enough to know that location and type means everything.

We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary and hubby's 60th birthday so we are trying to get a good balcony cabin or suite without "breaking the bank"......

We would love to have had a mini-suite but having one in a good location may be out of our price range. Would a balcony on either Lido or Caribe be a good choice?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

2541979060101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2581121000101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2731844050101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

2694492090101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2745617410101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Caribe (2nd photo shows the half covered top) is similar in size to the aft (3rd photo) with 2 loungers and 2 chairs. The Caribe balcony is half covered while the aft is fully covered. Some balconies are expose. Next mini-suite and balcony cabin.

Now for the Disclaimer: Pictures may not not be EXACT but a fair representation, taken on the Sapphire Princess:D

GTO Girl:

Only the Caribe deck balconies (category BA or BB) have the larger balconies (9 ft wide x 9 ft deep). If you choose a BA or a BB balcony cabin on another deck (Lido, Riviera, Baja or Aloha) the balcony will only be sized 9 x 5.

If by chance you can snag one of the BB cabins at the very aft end overlooking the wake, these balconies are slightly larger still at 10 x 10 or so with full ceiling cover. They also will have more balcony furniture (but not a full reclining pool lounger).

Hope this helps.

Yes, full suites do have full lounges but they are not the type found at the pool. I don't think the OP was asking about full suites. I might be wrong, but it's usually mentioned in the question when that is the case. And there are no full suites midship on the Caribe deck on the Ruby Princess. ;)

Sorry, when you mentioned it being fire related I assumed that would be ship wide as far as balconys were concerned. I would have been severly bummed this May if my suite did not have the full lounges.

(Bowing as he leaves the room of the great Toto) ;-)

Sorry, when you mentioned it being fire related I assumed that would be ship wide as far as balconys were concerned. I would have been severly bummed this May if my suite did not have the full lounges.

(Bowing as he leaves the room of the great Toto) ;-)

LOL-No worrys, the lounges on the full suite balconys are fantastic, I spent a lot of time on ours in January. :) Nice and padded and comfy (all I can figure is they must have the pads now made out of fire retardent material, but they are still wood framed). Glad KJ had a picture, as a picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

LOL-No worrys, the lounges on the full suite balconys are fantastic, I spent a lot of time on ours in January. :) Nice and padded and comfy (all I can figure is they must have the pads now made out of fire retardent material, but they are still wood framed). Glad KJ had a picture, as a picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

Only if you could help me explain to DH why I spent time taking these pics.:D BTW still trying to find that coffee pot in that cabin :-)

Only if you could help me explain to DH why I spent time taking these pics.:D

If it will help, I will send you the link to all my online albums of mainly the Sun Class ships (our favorite ships of the fleet). I took so many pictures of the suites and mini suites I drove my DH nutso too. :) I feel your pain! ;)

BUT, a picture is worth a million descriptions! Right? :D

(maybe it was one of my pictures they were looking at that time, there is always a coffee maker in my cabin). grin

Archived