Lido deck cabin - too loud?

Joe_Scarfone

I'll be sailing on the Carnival Glory in May, and decided to spring for a balcony room for the first time to surprise my GF :)

The cabin is by the elevators on the Lido deck, about 12 cabins from the entry to the pool area. My question is, will it be too loud in that area of the ship? I know the Lido is the central area for the day, but don't know if the sound from the pool area will make it down to the cabin or if the elevator area will be full of people making noise.

Noise doesn't bother me a lot, but at the same time I don't want to be trying to relax and hear kids screaming :)

Any input would be great. Thanks!!

I'll be sailing on the Carnival Glory in May, and decided to spring for a balcony room for the first time to surprise my GF :)

The cabin is by the elevators on the Lido deck, about 12 cabins from the entry to the pool area. My question is, will it be too loud in that area of the ship? I know the Lido is the central area for the day, but don't know if the sound from the pool area will make it down to the cabin or if the elevator area will be full of people making noise.

Noise doesn't bother me a lot, but at the same time I don't want to be trying to relax and hear kids screaming :)

Hey, I am getting on the Glory here in 2 days and my cabin is about in the same location as yours, Lido deck about 15 cabins from the elevators, doors to the pools. If you want - drop me a message after we get back and ask me and I will let you know what we experience.

Of course, if anyone else has had this experience so far, please do let us know.

The door is quite thick and will block the sound from the pool, not to worry. Sometimes a drunk gets off the elevator singing and you hear them, but we found the Lido deck to be particularly quiet, because there are so few cabins and little foot traffic down where the cabins are.

Thank you guys for your quick responses, you definitely made me feel more at ease about it :)

I can't wait to go and FINALLY have a balcony to relax on. Now I just need to hit the lottery to get a suite next time :)

Edited by Joe_Scarfone

I was on Destiny 2006 Lido deck. We did not hear any noise. Actually deck was very quiet. There are doors that open and close upon entering stateroom area. Loved getting up and not having to take elevators to get food at buffet, where I had most lunches and breakfasts.

We were on the Glory, Lido deck right behind the elevators. I was VERY worried aboutt he noise, but we didn't have any problems. Once I twice I could barely hear the elevator chime, but only when I was by myself in the cabin. It was really nice being so close to the food & beverages. You will LOVE having a balcony - but once you have one it will be hard to sail without on. Are you sure you want to do this?? :) Have a great time! The Glory really nice ship.

I always book an 8A when cruising. When we sailed on the Triumph we were upgraded to the Lido deck in the cabin right at the entrance to the Lido deck. It was awesome. I loved it so much I booked it for our upcoming cruise in August. I told DH I didn't care about the extra cost, it was convenient and we had no problems with noise. DH didn't want me to pay the extra bucks to book it.:( Well, I didn't listen to him, booked the guarantee anyway. Last week the price of the Lido deck cabin dropped to what we would have paid for an 8B. So it worked out perfectly. :D

Edited by Hawaii697

I have had the very first cabin starboard (can't remember the number) on the Glory and we absolutely loved it. No noise issues what so ever from the Lido pool. I loved the convenience of using my own bathroom instead of having to use the common bathroom poolside. It always seems to be wet and gross! Good Luck! C.

• 2 weeks later...

We had 9276 on the Valor last year, and between the elevators and being so close to the overlook to the atrium, it was NOISY! Constant elevator traffic, and at night we had to listen to whatever live music was being played in the atrium (which was usually bad :D). We'd definitely book a Lido deck cabin again, but we'd be much further foreward next time!

We had our cabin on the Liberty at 9273, right near the elevators and I have to say I won't do that cabin placement again. It was loud and at night when they had the lido deck parties we could hear the music in our cabin. Our next cruise is on midship empress deck and away from the elevators.

Did you experience more movement being up so high and forward?

If you mean did the ship move more up there then lower NO...I felt it everywhere but I'm very sensitive to that stuff so I took bonine and was fine. I even felt like the lower decks rocked more then ours but maybe that's just me.

• 7 years later...
Just got off the Glory in 9239 and there was absolutely no noise whatsoever on our cruise (and with 700+ kids that is saying a lot).

You are going to be in a perfect location and will love it!

Enjoy the cruise!

I will be in that room next April. Do you think the room is big enough to accommodate 4 people? (one of the person will be 2 years old)

I was thinking of relocating because of size concern.

We've booked 13 out of 19 balcony cabins on Lido. (Our first was an ocean view, four of the 19 were Spirit class ships that don't have cabins on Lido, and one was an aft wrap, that I'll never book again, on deck 7.)

We've never heard noise from Lido. Great location because it's a quick walk to the buffet to get breakfast or a snack to enjoy on our balcony, to the pool, and to the cabin for our own bathroom.

Lido is the best deck on the ship.

We had 9276 on the Valor last year, and between the elevators and being so close to the overlook to the atrium, it was NOISY! Constant elevator traffic, and at night we had to listen to whatever live music was being heed in the atrium (which was usually bad :D). We'd definitely book a Lido deck cabin again, but we'd be much further foreward next time!

At night you can close the fire doors that go to the elevators and atrium !!!

The kids and I were booked a few doors in on a Lido balcony for next months cruise but a JS came open all the way to the front on Lido so I upgraded to it. Mostly because I wanted a bigger room since there are 4 of us. I think the location of the first room was better since it was a quick walk to everything, now we have to go down the long hall to get to our room. Hopefully it was worth it the switch.

I already have another balcony on the Lido deck booked for our April cruise so DH can try it too. The main downside I see is I'm afraid after I try it next month I won't be able to downgrade back to a cheaper balcony on the lower decks lol