Oysters on the Half Shell Available in MDR?

EdSails

I've been on two voyages on Coral and one on Golden, but have yet to see them on the menu or even served for that matter.

I'd think you might have a better chance of getting them up in the Horizon buffet on a seafood buffet or something along those lines. Cheers, and...

Ciao for now!!!

For some reason I think I had oysters at Vines on the Crown Princess. There was an extra fee but the sushi was great.

I guess thats possible, but I try to look for things like that and I don't recall. Maybe. :D

I thought they would have had them at the Crown Grill the way they have the open kitchen and all the seafood layed out. :)

The U.S. CDC will not allow cruise ships calling at US Ports to serve uncooked fresh oysters.

Some cruise lines do serve raw oysters that were frozen in the shell, but they are not very good.

Now that does make sense. And frozen raw oysters do not sound very edible. Well, have to save my oysters for a seafood bar in Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise. I'm assuming they have them------I got really good oysters at a few places in Pensacola a few years ago.

So I'm asking now-----anyone know a good seafood bar in Ft. Lauderdale? We have a 6PM flight back when we get back from the cruise---plenty of time for a long lunch. Oysters for lunch would be great!:D

So I'm asking now-----anyone know a good seafood bar in Ft. Lauderdale? We have a 6PM flight back when we get back from the cruise---plenty of time for a long lunch. Oysters for lunch would be great!:D

Southport Raw Bar (southportrawbar.com) is on Cordova Rd. in FLL, probably less than a mile from the ship. It doesn't open until 11am, but if you linger onboard until they kick you off and then take your time getting a taxi, you'll get there just as they open. We did that back in Jan after the Ruby and had great food, raw oysters included of course, before our 3pm flight. They were not surprised when we dragged our bags through the door so I'm sure we weren't the first post cruisers to visit! Nice deck seating is available and prices for food and drinks are reasonable. Free Wi-Fi also if I remember correctly!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=112238&stc=1&d=1238720320

After checking back through my photo albums I found this sushi from our 2006 Crown Princess cruise out of NYC. We went to Vines almost every day. Although I've never eated frozen oysters before I don't think these were, but I could be wrong.

903590216_smalloysters1.jpg.9f25bbebcaa87688167ca5c022d1a7bb.jpg

Southport Raw Bar (southportrawbar.com) is on Cordova Rd. in FLL, probably less than a mile from the ship. It doesn't open until 11am, but if you linger onboard until they kick you off and then take your time getting a taxi, you'll get there just as they open. We did that back in Jan after the Ruby and had great food, raw oysters included of course, before our 3pm flight. They were not surprised when we dragged our bags through the door so I'm sure we weren't the first post cruisers to visit! Nice deck seating is available and prices for food and drinks are reasonable. Free Wi-Fi also if I remember correctly!!

Thanks, Paul. It looks good. A dozen oysters and a conch salad and I would be happy!

Archived