Bringing baseball bat on board allowed?

amenuensis

My husband and son want to know if they can bring a wooden bat on board to practice swings. My son is in a tournament the day we dis-embark and needs to take some practice swings, they were thinking they could use the golf area that is netted on days when the ship is in port and fairly empty. They also want to bring a football -- I can't imagine that being a problem. Does anyone know if the bat will be allowed on board?

That's one to definitely call the cruise line about and get a firm answer. Maybe even something in writing. Are you flying to your departure port? If you, you may also want to check with the airlines about their rules these days.

I don't see it on Carnival's prohibited items list so it should be okay. The one thing I would say is don't bring a bat that is irreplaceable in case it isn't allowed and has to be left behind.

I don't see it on Carnival's prohibited items list so it should be okay. The one thing I would say is don't bring a bat that is irreplaceable in case it isn't allowed and has to be left behind.

At worst, it wouldn't be left behind . . . it would be locked up with the confiscated booze and given back at disembarkation.

I don't see a problem. But, perhaps your son could show up in his uniform with his glove, bat and ball and nobody would give it a second thought.

Wow, that's a new one on me. Honestly, I would consider a baseball bat to be a weapon, and I wouldn' think it would be allowed. Also not so sure about the football - - all it takes is one nervous passenger close to wear you are throwing the football and I can see the deck patrol shutting you down. Hmm. :cool:

Wow, that's a new one on me. Honestly, I would consider a baseball bat to be a weapon, and I wouldn' think it would be allowed. Also not so sure about the football - - all it takes is one nervous passenger close to wear you are throwing the football and I can see the deck patrol shutting you down. Hmm. :cool:

Exactly what I would say. I don't think you would be allowed to take it on a plane, as it could be used as a weapon.

Guest TropicOne

I really do not see Carnival letting someone walk around on board with a baseball bat.

From the Carnival contract Section 4f:

Weapons, firearms, ammunitions, explosives, incendiary devices, or other dangerous goods are strictly prohibited aboard the vessel. The Guest warrants that no such articles are contained in any receptacle or container carried or presented by him as baggage. Carnival may deny boarding to any Guest traveling with any weapons, firearms, ammunitions, explosives, incendiary devices, or other dangerous goods and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued. Carnival will confiscate and turn over to the appropriate governmental authorities any of the above articles found on the Guest or his baggage. The Guest will be solely responsible for any and all damage and/or loss caused by his violation of this policy.

My husband and son want to know if they can bring a wooden bat on board to practice swings. My son is in a tournament the day we dis-embark and needs to take some practice swings, they were thinking they could use the golf area that is netted on days when the ship is in port and fairly empty. They also want to bring a football -- I can't imagine that being a problem. Does anyone know if the bat will be allowed on board?

I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't want someone doing batting practice or playing football around me. What if he hits the ball off the ship?

I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't want someone doing batting practice or playing football around me. What if he hits the ball off the ship?

As the mother of a 16 year old who plays baseball I can vouch for the fact that you don't need a ball to take practice swings. It is all in the form and swing and no ball is required to practice this.

Football: Actually, I can and do imagine it would be a problem. There is simply not enough open space for throwing a football onboard. I mean, there is "room" on some outdoor decks, but at all times you run the risk of hitting another pax with the ball. People walk in and out and around all the time, so I can see how the cruise line would not allow a football to be used onboard. I certainly wouldn't want someone on deck throwing one around. They could bring it to use in ports I suppose, but not on the ship.

The bat, I have no idea. You need to contact the cruise line and ask because it's something that's likely to fall into the "might be a weapon" category.

beachchick

It's okay for Golf clubs onboard so I would bring the bat and use it in the netting area of the golf simulator. Bring the football for the beach.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Personally, I think a person could do as much damage with a golf club used as a weapon as they could with a baseball bat. But who can tell what the cruiseline thinks1

:( Let your son have a Vacation.

HE WILL NOT FORGET HOW TO SWING A BASEBALL BAT IN 1 WEEK.

That was my thought, also.

EDITED to add: OP has posted elsewhere on the boards; this is what OP Stated on their roll call forum:

I called Carnival and got an answer, no baseball bats on board. They would view it as a weapon. I'm fine with that!!

Archived