Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

what upsets me is that i have 28 days coming up on the Serenade which I booked OVER A YEAR ago. I have already purchased air tickets and a hotel room. I was expecting my cruise to include complimentary wine before dinner in a private setting with other experienced cruisers. This was something i looked forward to. If i could cancel my air tickets i would cancel this cruise and go with Holland or Princess. Its not JUST the CL, but the food HAS suffered recently. Changes in Vitality program. PAYING for some steaks at dinner. I wonder if i will be frisked or xrayed to check for booze smuggling? Any more, for MY money i will be cruising with other companies... JUST MY OPIINION, it may not be yours...

Yes, I feel for people that relied upon RCCL's representations in the C&A benefits list that incurred non-refundable costs as a result. If they were not going to grandfather existing members, the very least they could do is to extend benefits to all people that had booked cruises prior to the announcement. Fortunately, we were able to cancel our Westbound Transatlantic on the Voyager since we luckily had not yet paid for air/hotel.

Huh??

No no no.

All I was saying is that I, for one, did not work to achieve my status. I do not cruise for loyalty program perks. They're nice to have, but they are nowhere near the top of my priority list. I see it as a gift, no more.

That's all I meant by what I said.

I gotcha. It just feels like people think those not happy with the change demanded something from RCL. Where it isn't like that at all. It was offered to us!

When we decided what line to cruise, it was more like, let's stick with RCL because they have that cool CL perk we're getting closer to. You know? Yeah sure, it sounds like that's the ONLY reason we cruised with RCL. But that isn't true. We all know that RCL has some great ships and cruising with them is STILL a blast, even if there has been some decline in overall food and service on board. Let's face it, even if we disagree on this issue, we all agree that we've all had fun on a RCL cruise.

But in the end it was not the perk that made us cruise RCL, but it was the perk that kept us from trying someone else, that's all.

I salute you for your continuing rational responses in the face of outrageous irrationality. Keep up the good fight.;)

Hey, no need to be Sarcasic -- JC is doing the best he can to spar on a higher intellectual level than he is capable. :) :D

I gotcha. It just feels like people think those not happy with the change demanded something from RCL. Where it isn't like that at all. It was offered to us!

I can definitively see both sides. Don't get me wrong.....I wasn't exactly happy with the way RCI dropped this on everyone......and I certainly am not happy with the way RCI created this mess over the years by way of small CL lounges, freebie diamond status to family members, ease of getting 10 credits, etc, etc.

I guess my attitude towards things just don't let me dwell on it. The only reason RCI is my cruise line of choice is their ships.

Huh??

No no no.

All I was saying is that I, for one, did not work to achieve my status. I do not cruise for loyalty program perks. They're nice to have, but they are nowhere near the top of my priority list. I see it as a gift, no more.

That's all I meant by what I said.

I'm surprised by how many posters on here that do not have a strong interest in the loyalty program, yet take the time to read and post. What is positive about playing the devil's advocate to those that feel cheated and want to vent? The analogy to a promised bonus not awarded by a boss is a good one - do all of you like being taken advantage of?

When we decided what line to cruise, it was more like, let's stick with RCL because they have that cool CL perk we're getting closer to. You know? Yeah sure, it sounds like that's the ONLY reason we cruised with RCL. But that isn't true. We all know that RCL has some great ships and cruising with them is STILL a blast, even if there has been some decline in overall food and service on board. Let's face it, even if we disagree on this issue, we all agree that we've all had fun on a RCL cruise.

But in the end it was the perk not that made us cruise RCL, but kept us from trying someone else, that's all.

Ironically, our first cruise after gaining eleven cruise credits with RCCL was on Celebrity Infinity, primarily because of the itinerary. But, we did discover that Celebrity did not have as good a 'loyalty' program as RCCL. So we came scurrying back ... primarily due to the Concierge Lounge benefit. We have never thought much of the coupons, such as they were, but the new ones may prove to be softer than the toiletpaper in the bathroom. So our new choice will be between RCCL's nearly worthless coupons, versus someone else's nearly worthless coupons. I will cruise RCCL again ... but only if it is the best deal as compared with 'everyone' else I can find. 'Best' would be defined by cost, itinerary, port of departure and destination, level of service, and personal recommendations. I don't expect to get many recommendations for RCCL, so I will have to temper that one with a little personal knowledge.;)

I'm surprised by how many posters on here that do not have a strong interest in the loyalty program, yet take the time to read and post. What is positive about playing the devil's advocate to those that feel cheated and want to vent? The analogy to a promised bonus not awarded by a boss is a good one - do all of you like being taken advantage of?

Now, was I being condescending to the other side?

No.

I was just stating my opinion as I have the right to do.

I believe the thread is labeled Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - Join the merged discussions here, not Only for those who are Angry!

It would be interesting to know the exact figure of how many Diamonds there are out there?? Can anyone guess?? Over 1 million might be about right. Of those 1 million, let's say that only 500,000 were peeved enough to say........we will cruise with someone else.......and spread the word to just 8 others that are considering sailing with Royal Caribbean.

Well........that adds up to 4 million people that possibly are looking to cruise for the first or 5th time........that the Diamonds are suggesting to look elsewhere for there cruises.

Rick

I read in the RCL Form 10k filing for 2008, that there are over 5 million C & A members, and over 1 million Captain's Club members.

Don't know the # that are in each category.

think i'll vent a little also! i was a loyal customer and chose RC over other lines when possible because of diamond status.won't be as loyal any longer.was on caribbean princess last year and found ship to be as nice and food was better than RC's.i email C&A of my disappointment-they emailed a very nice letter back to me.

Or perhaps they're voiving their opinion because it seems every other thread turns into a discussion (bashing) of RCI and the new changes. Perhaps some of us visit this board because we enjoy cruising and more specifially cruising on RCCCl only to find threads about changing cruiselines, being done with Royal or how RCI is the spawn of the devil. Now these views are not shared by all who dislike the changes, but it is a little disheartening to read all the negativity about cruising, something that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. Some of us feel the need to voice our opposing opinion to counter the negativity.

I just can't understand why those who are leaving RCI are still posting on RCI. :confused:

I do not agree with this metaphor at all.

Speaking for myself, I did not work to gain diamond status. It was something that was given to me after I took so many cruises on my cruise line of choice.

Ok, I respect your opinion, but maybe you are focusing to heavily on the word "work". We "Spent" money to get the carrot that RCI dangled in front of us. Sounds like some kind of prank that Bugs Bunny would pull.:)

Even though I joke, I am still very upset about this bait and switch and lack of loyaly from RCI.

Thank-you

I just can't understand why those who are leaving RCI are still posting on RCI. :confused:

Huh? This is Cruise Critic not RCI ... or do I misunderstand?

But, if it is why post here? In my case it would be because of my inability to 'comminicate' with anyone at RCI. I have telephoned, E-mailed, and I sent a 'snail mail'. The phone call person gave the 'canned' response, "It was a 'corporate' decision, and 'they' are not changing their mind." The E-mail was a 'form' letter response, and they have not responded to my snail mail, which I also sent to the Better Business Bureau, Interstate Commerce Commission, Senator Diane Feinstein, Senator Barbara Boxer, and the Honorable Nancy Pelosi. I don't expect a response from any of those folks either.;)

I'm surprised by how many posters on here that do not have a strong interest in the loyalty program, yet take the time to read and post. What is positive about playing the devil's advocate to those that feel cheated and want to vent?

What is positive about harassing an alternate opinion? If you do not welcome opposing opinions, internet forums are not for you. Though somewhat heated, this is a discussion.

Regarding more changes to come: I wouldn't be surprised to see the amount of cruise credits increased to reach Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. I know that was one of the changes they were originally considering. If so, hopefully we'll be grandfathered in at our current level.

I've heard rumors of this for a few years. :eek: It wouldn't surprise me at all. I only hope we are grandfathered in at 32 RCI cruises. :)

Hey, no need to be Sarcasic -- JC is doing the best he can to spar on a higher intellectual level than he is capable. :) :D

Hmmm...... not quite sure why you are so up-in-arms about all this. Last year you sailed Carnival and Disney!! No RCCL!! Or did I miss something?

Hope you received all the perks from them, that you are so up-in-arms about losing on RCCL.

-------------------------

Charter Member - Royal PITA

Oh Sealord I'm so glad you found that..yesterday someone said on here that the CL was originally for suite passengers and I knew that wasn't true but I can't remember when they started letting the suite passengers use the lounge. I didn't want to get into a big hassle about it so I let it drop. Thank You.

Just a small suggestion to RCL which could help more cruisers reach the next level with any of RCL's cruise lines.

Change the "rules" and allow combinability for any cruise taken with any of RCL's cruise lines, including Celebrity and Azamara.

I've met people on our cruises who have cruised with both RCL and Celebrity. For example 14 w/ RCL and 10 with Celebrity would move that person to D+ (24 credits) when cruising with RCL, and (24 credits status) when cruising with Celebrity.

If the cruiser spends money with ANY of RCL's lines, they should be eligible for this.

Just a small suggestion to RCL which could help more cruisers reach the next level with any of RCL's cruise lines.

Change the "rules" and allow combinability for any cruise taken with any of RCL's cruise lines, including Celebrity and Azamara.

I've met people on our cruises who have cruised with both RCL and Celebrity. For example 14 w/ RCL and 10 with Celebrity would move that person to D+ (24 credits) when cruising with RCL, and (24 credits status) when cruising with Celebrity.

If the cruiser spends money with ANY of RCL's lines, they should be eligible for this.

Yes! Please make me D + & give me back my perk!

Are you kidding? They are trying to cut down on the loyalty perks!!

We were elite on Celebrity, moved over to RCCL, had to start from 1 and are now Diamond Plus in a few years - all with cruises over 10 days. They need to make it more DIFFICULT to reach D+, not easier, as otherwise they will be back to square one!!

Huh? This is Cruise Critic not RCI ... or do I misunderstand?

But, if it is why post here? In my case it would be because of my inability to 'comminicate' with anyone at RCI. I have telephoned, E-mailed, and I sent a 'snail mail'. The phone call person gave the 'canned' response, "It was a 'corporate' decision, and 'they' are not changing their mind." The E-mail was a 'form' letter response, and they have not responded to my snail mail, which I also sent to the Better Business Bureau, Interstate Commerce Commission, Senator Diane Feinstein, Senator Barbara Boxer, and the Honorable Nancy Pelosi. I don't expect a response from any of those folks either.;)

God help us. They will take away our RCI credits and give to our neighbor. :eek:

Hmmm...... not quite sure why you are so up-in-arms about all this. Last year you sailed Carnival and Disney!! No RCCL!! Or did I miss something?

Hope you received all the perks from them, that you are so up-in-arms about losing on RCCL.

-------------------------

Charter Member - Royal PITA

Glad you asked !! These were family cruises not chosen by myself -- one a reunion and the other a kids cruise for my nephews and neices. But you know what? the food and service was superior on both to my most recent RCCL cruises. Nevertheless, I was going to give RCCL another chance this winter on a Transatlantic Westbound on the Voyager-- that is, until the changes to Diamond were announced.

God help us. They will take away our RCI credits and give to our neighbor. :eek:

It is amazing where these threads always lead. Either to the lawsuit or the contact pandering politicians.:mad:

What a country, eh..... I think we need a puking emoticon.

jc

Archived