Eurodam

1Sunshine1

Hi Sunshine and welcome to Cruise Critic! I was on the Eurodam in Nov. and she is absolutely gorgeous. The crew is very friendly and will treat you very well. HAL is known for its service and you will not be disappointed on the Eurodam. You must eat at Tamarind (Asian restaurant) as it is the best restaurant on the ship IMO. You can eat lunch there for no charge but they charge for dinner. Reservations are highly recommended. The Silk Den bar is across from Tamarind and is a very special place. Those are only 2 places you shouldn't miss.

Do you have any specific questions? I'll be glad to try to answer them. Enjoy your cruise!

Diane

We were just on her beginning of march, as ap said beautiful ship,

great food & service, No long lines for anything, not crowded at all

great ports to visit, only problem we had was the weather didnt cooperate fully. (Some heavy rain & Wind a couple of days) Thouroghly enjoyed ourselves however. Its an excellent choice for a first cruise, its a more traditional type of cruise, less of a party atmosphere,

thats what we were looking for and that is what we got.

I am supposed to be on the Eurodam right now. We had to cancel due to my husband suffering a pinched nerve in his leg.

My husband is doing a lot better now but I have been feeling sorry for myself all day. It didn't help to hear "Where the Boys Are" played on the radio this afternoon. The older crowd will get the significance of that song---I guess it would be lost on the younger ones.:D

Has anyone sailed on the Eurodam yet? I'm taking 10 friends on the April 4th cruise and most of them have never cruised before.

Sunshine:)

Yes.

Do you have any questions or concerns? You post is rather vague.

Has anyone sailed on the Eurodam yet? I'm taking 10 friends on the April 4th cruise and most of them have never cruised before.

Sunshine:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

We did back-to-back cruises on the Eurodam in Nov/Dec -- she is a beautiful ship.

Try the Tamarind Restaurant -- free for lunch and only $15 per person dinner -- need to make reservations.

My wife and I with friends sailed Euro in Nov last. we and some long time cruisers agreed that the food was not up to par, the rooms smaller (oceanside), the bathroom fancy but not practical and the Lido setup was mass confusion. Other that, it's new and larger so enjoy your trip

Hi,

My wife and I are on the Eurodam in August, cruising on the Baltic. This will be our first time with HAL and it's to celebrate our Silver Wedding. My question is this; what entertainment is there after the main show? We're not looking for a disco or such like but were wondering if there is a Piano Bar or something similar to Michaels Club on Celebrity. Thanks.

My question is this; what entertainment is there after the main show? We're not looking for a disco or such like but were wondering if there is a Piano Bar or something similar to Michaels Club on Celebrity. Thanks.

Yes, there's a Piano Bar, and, depending on who is playing, can run the gamut from good to "can't get out of there fast enough". :rolleyes:

There's also a nice dance band in the Ocean Bar. The classical group in the Explorers Lounge finishes about 11:00.

But remember, if you're in the Baltic, that it's port-intensive, and you'll want to get to bed early to restore your energy for the next day.

We will be on the same sailing, Sunshine! What age is your group?

This is also our 1st HAL. I was wondering if there is a Karaoke bar? Arcade for the teens? (we know about the video games, wondered about the Arcade machines).

Also, what kind of fruits are served in the Lido? Other then apples, oranges, bananas?

Archived