Delta Change Schedule Again and Again

HKG

Have Anyone experience many schedule change from Delta Airline. Since I booked my ticket in first week of march from SEA-JFK-CDG-BCN-JFK-SEA for travel in May. My schedule have been change 4 times up to date pretty much on all flight. How many more times will Delta change their time.

That seems to be a common complaint about Delta (on Trip Advisor) and I've noticed it myself. Some of their flights that I've been keeping my eye on have changed a few times in the past month or so...not by much, just a few minutes, but other airline's flight times have remained the same.

I'm not sure what their issue is???

DL will often make small adjustments in their schedules - I have a couple of DL itins and there have been 5 to 10 minute changes. Nothing of consequence.

So, what has been the extent of your changes? Four 5 minute changes are nothing to be concerned about. Details please, rather than just general comments.

Delta seems to change schedules more often than any other airline. I have had them make 5 minute changes as well as 90 minute changes. Usually, if it is more than a hour difference, you can call them and rebook another flight for the same day at no charge. Just tell them the time change won't work for your schedule that day. If the difference is less than a hour, you will probably have to pull some of your own teeth to get them to budge.

Most airlines adjust their schedules by a few minutes here and there. I fly Delta at least a few times every year and it is rare that the final flights are more than 15 minutes or so from the original plan.

I agree though, they seem to change a lot. I booked in the beginning of FEB. 08 for flights to San Juan in Dec. of 08 and I think I had at least 10 Sched. changes in the 11 months.

A very common complaint about Delta. Just be prepared when you book with them to have you original itinerary changed +/- 2 hours for departure and arrival, especially if you are making a connection.

For example, if it is not possible for you to be to the airport in time for a 9:00am flight I would not book an 11:00 am flight on delta. Although if it changes by over 60 minutes they will let you rebook for free to another same day flight. Just do some schedule research online before you call.

Flyertalker:

We're considering long layovers on our flight to Barcelona. I have a concern that we'll plan overnight stay and AMS Tour on the way to Barcelona and overnight stay and CDG Tour on the way back. Have you noticed as many complaints of changes with KLM and Air France since they are partners of Delta? I was on hold with Air France for about 30 minutes and gave up. There were also long layovers in Frankfurt with Lufthansa available, but we wanted to visit Amsterdam and Paris, combined with a cruise. Any pros or cons? How about entertainment and service on all 3? What is your opinion? I'm afraid we were spoiled with Swiss Air :p

Thanks.

Delta's been making changes for quite a while. I actually cancelled an entire trip because they eliminated the one flight that was my reason for choosing their airline over the others (the only flight out of Reno in the early afternoon). Sounds a little petty, but by that point, everyone else's fares had gone up considerably, and getting someone else's household up at oh-dark-thirty to get me to the airport for the flights Delta had available was not an option.

I'm actually playing the same game with Continental right now. Twice already they've cancelled my flight to Seattle, and put me on extremely inconvenient flights. The first change would've meant spending a SEVEN HOUR layover in NEWARK!! :eek:

I've done my homework online, chosen a better flight, and called them, and they've accommodated my requests. I'm still getting up way too early for a 6 am flight out, but at least I'm getting to Seattle earlier and not spending the day in the Newark airport.

By the way, when I've expressed my frustration about the multiple changes, their response to me was that it should be expected if I book my fare several months in advance. Great customer service, huh?

Delta changed our flight out of BCN to ATL from 1 p.m. to 10 a.m. We were looking forward to a very relaxed morning and leisurely debark from the ship but not now if we are to make our flight. It cost me 60 euros because we also booked a car to pick us up. We are afraid that we will get off the ship and find long taxi lines.

Delta changed one of our flight times so that we only have 18 minutes to change planes in Memphis. Do you think I should call in and change flights, or should I wait and see what the next change of flight times becomes? :p

TIA for any ideas!

Delta changed one of our flight times so that we only have 18 minutes to change planes in Memphis. Do you think I should call in and change flights, or should I wait and see what the next change of flight times becomes? :p

TIA for any ideas!

Look up alternatives NOW and call!! The longer you wait, the less alternatives you have.

TIA for any ideas!

The Delta section in Memphis is very small so as long as you are going DL to DL and you land on time no problem. If you are going other carriers to Delta section or others you may have issues.

I would still look up alternatives just in case.

The Delta section in Memphis is very small so as long as you are going DL to DL and you land on time no problem. If you are going other carriers to Delta section or others you may have issues.

I would still look up alternatives just in case.

Doesn't matter. 18 minutes isn't a legal connection. They need to call and get placed on different flights. And it's very possible that their flights are actually operated by Northwest which would be in a much larger section of the airport.

Flyertalker:

We're considering long layovers on our flight to Barcelona. I have a concern that we'll plan overnight stay and AMS Tour on the way to Barcelona and overnight stay and CDG Tour on the way back. Have you noticed as many complaints of changes with KLM and Air France since they are partners of Delta? I was on hold with Air France for about 30 minutes and gave up. There were also long layovers in Frankfurt with Lufthansa available, but we wanted to visit Amsterdam and Paris, combined with a cruise. Any pros or cons? How about entertainment and service on all 3? What is your opinion? I'm afraid we were spoiled with Swiss Air :p

Thanks.

I am not sure of your question. If it is: amusements/services at the airport, then AMS wins hands down. There is even a branch of the national art museum (rijksmuseum) there.

Second choice would be FRA with guess which is in 5th place? (3rd and 4th left empty on purpose).

If your layover is really long, all three have easy direct train service to the city.

We're considering long layovers on our flight to Barcelona. I have a concern that we'll plan overnight stay and AMS Tour on the way to Barcelona and overnight stay and CDG Tour on the way back.
You are either considering a) Longer connection time to break up the trip, while staying inside the airport or b) Longer connection (under 24 hours) and leaving the airport or c) Stopover (over 24 hours) leaving the airport.

If a), then AMS is the clear winner. Much more to see/do, including wide variety of shopping and the museum. CDG has little to offer for an in-airport connection other than lounges if you have access. Shopping is mediocre at best (and overpriced) and there is little in the way of activity other than changing planes. AMS is large, but well laid out with comprehensive secure areas.

If b), both AMS and CDG are connected to the city by rail lines. I find that AMS is easier to navigate once you get into town and a simpler train experience. OTOH, it's not Paris, if that's what you want to see. Better collection of airport hotels at AMS, IMO if overnighting.

If c), much depends on what you want to do in the city. Like picking between NYC and SFO for a short stay...both have attractions - what are you interested in. Note - connections longer than 24 hours often incur a cost penalty.

Have you noticed as many complaints of changes with KLM and Air France since they are partners of Delta? .... Any pros or cons? How about entertainment and service on all 3?
Air France has a very nice product in the air, though many report that ground service/assistance from AF is hit and miss (mostly miss). KL is slightly more "efficient" but another decent product. AF has been redoing interiors on aircraft, so they may be a bit more "modern" than the KL aircraft. As for schedule changes, AF/KL probably do less than DL, but that may be a function of their route networks - fairly stable with few changes from schedule to schedule. However, I have already gotten a time change (15 minutes) on an AF TATL flight for December, so nothing is in stone.

For inflight amenities and seating, I would suggest you look at what SeatGuru has to say about your possible aircraft choices. Not 100% accurate, but better than just guessing.

TIA for any ideas!

something tells me 18 minutes isn't a legal connect time......but i am just guessing, not looking.........i mean....you'd have to be the 6 million dollar man to make that...even in a smaller a/p........but your luggage??? forget about it............

Flyertalker, we wanted an overnight in AMS and CDG. I found the flight for a good price and we'll have to entertain ourselves. LOL. What do you think about trip protection from priceline? It's only $29 each, but I also have the AE Gold which has some kind of travel protection.:confused:

I see now. We did no bidding on airfare since I was looking for a specific flight that would have a 24 hour layover :eek: in Amsterdam and Paris. We went with Delta, but it's operated by KLM and Air France. We'll keep our fingers crossed on the expected changes :rolleyes: LOL

TIA for any ideas!

18 minutes?:eek::confused:...call them and change it. That is typical

for Delta:rolleyes:...they change things and change things and did I mention,

they change things?

I agree, its not a legal connection. There is a chance

you would not even have landed or at least not disembarked

your flight in that amount of time.

I changed our flight to leave at 0'dark thirty. :D And now we have 1.5 hours to change planes in Atlanta. Unless that changes too! :eek:

Thank you everyone for your wonderful advice!

Delta does this all the time. They just did this to us splitting my wife, son and I up all over the plane with an equipment change. Since there are no open seats left they told me we are SOL.

They do not guarantee seats only the reservation even though prior to the equipment change we had 3 seats together.

Archived