Which 4 day cruise the best?

Angel007

We're thinking of taking a 4 day cruise this spring (without the kids!). I'm looking for recommendations re: best itinerary / ship for such a cruise. I anticipate that we'd sail out of Florida but am open to other departure points.

Thanks!

No good recommendations. I have done a lot of research on this and keep exceeding the price point I feel comfortable with (when considering price of cruise, airline, and travel money).

Having said that, Carnival is having a lot of sales. RCI's tuesday sales have them popping up (about 30 days out). http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

I can only speak of RCI's 4 nighters.....

If the ship is your number one priority, I highly recommend the Navigator of the Seas. It is a Voyager Class ship with all the bells and whistles. It visits Cozumel and has 2 sea days.

If you prefer more port intensive, the Majesty of the Seas visits Nassau, Coco Cay (private island), and Key West. The downside to Majesty is the room sizes.

We're thinking of taking a 4 day cruise this spring (without the kids!). I'm looking for recommendations re: best itinerary / ship for such a cruise. I anticipate that we'd sail out of Florida but am open to other departure points.

Thanks!

Not really a ton of variety for that short length of cruise and given the costs of airfare, I just could not justify the costs for only 4 nights.....now for 7 nights or longer, yes, and so many more options to consider. And if you are considering a Spring time cruise w/out kids.... GOOD LUCK !!!

Could you give us an idea of what you like/dislike in terms of activities onboard and in ports, etc.? There are so many varied options that it's very difficult to say which might be good for you without more specifics about your preferences. We can only tell you what we each like best and that might not be what you like best.

beachchick

first decide what is important to you. how much do you want to spend, which ports are you most interested in, which days would work for you to be gone, what is the airfare cost to port canavaral, tampa, miami and ft. lauderdale. 4 night goes to bahamas or western, like cozumel. 3 nights only bahamas. I think you will enjoy most any of them. Have you cruised before? You don't want to spend as much as you would for a week cruise unless you don't have another choice.

The Navigator of the Seas by RCCL is one of the newest and biggest 4 and 5 night cruises from Florida, but that ship is leaving for Europe very soon and will return next November. The Celebrity Century is a smaller ship but it had a nice refurbishment last year. The Carnival Sensation also just got updated so that would be okay as well if your looking for a good value.

Hope you have a great cruise!

We are big fans of Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas four-nighters out of Miami, FL. We love it because it includes one of our favorite private islands, Coco Cay. It stops at Key West, one of our favorite cities in Florida. It also includes Nassau. There is no day at sea.

Yes, Majesty is a smaller, older ship, but it has been renovated beautifully. Yes, the rooms are small, but because the cruise is port intensive, you don't spend much time in your room.

We also have found the crew to be warm and friendly on Majesty. One told me it is because they get to go to their home port twice a week.

We have just done the four-night to Cozumel and back on Navigator of the Seas, but I think they will be transferring to Europe on April 16. If you want to book that four-night cruise, book it super fast. It might be too late. Give it a try though. We booked it only four days before our cruise. Talk about cutting it close!

Navigator is a fun Voyager Class ship with a skating rink, a prominade for parades and parties or just great people watching.

Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time.

The only four day cruise I would take is one that is followed by three or more days after the first four.

In June of 2001 we took a four-day cruise on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas. We booked an inside cabin. It was tiny (about the size of a garden shed) and poorly laid out. The food was awful. My husband, who usually pays little attention to the quality of food, said it was bad. The ship was generally understaffed.

Never again!

I was pleasantly surprised by our 4-night cruise on Celebrity's Century right before Christmas. I was afraid they'd cut back too much. At the end, my only thoughts were that it wasn't long enough. We ended up having to take another cruise for spring break.

Archived