Carribean seas in October

roundlakerebel

Travelling Oct 18th from Lauderdale to Eastern Carribean {Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maarten and Turks and Caycos} on Princess Emerald. 1st time cruiser wondering what to expect in regard to temps and calm or rough waters??? I understand the Emerald princess is equipped with the best stablizers to prevent swaying from side to side. We booked the Baja deck rooms BD426 & BD428 right in the middle of the ship. Hoping this will be the start to many more cruises in the future.

All our Caribbean trips have been at the end of October, first of November time frame. The weather was usually 80's to 90's, blue skies, calm seas with crystal clear and warm water near shore, absolutely beautiful.

At one port one day, the skies were gray and it rained, but the temperature was still in the 80's.

October is in hurricane season, though. If there are severe storms at the time of your trip the ship may change itinerary to steer around the storms.

Enjoy your cruise!

On Mondays in the Caribbean is just slightly choppy.

Tuesdays a bit more.

Wednesdays are usually quite calm.

Thursdays can be quite rough.

Fridays just so-so.

Saturdays are usually dead calm.

Sundays nobody notices, because your ship is in port.

On Mondays in the Caribbean is just slightly choppy.

Tuesdays a bit more.

Wednesdays are usually quite calm.

Thursdays can be quite rough.

Fridays just so-so.

Saturdays are usually dead calm.

Sundays nobody notices, because your ship is in port.

That's about it!!!:D You get what you get....maybe a rework of the itinerary due to a hurricane could be thrown in on Thursday.....

October is still active as far as hurricanes go, but who knows who will draw the short straw. We live on the Gulf Coast so watch the tropics closely during hurricane season. In October, we tend to get fewer hurricanes - they tend to stay more in the Carribean rather than entering the Gulf. Now that I said that, I probably jinxed myself. We'll probably get a big one in October when we're trying to get out of town for our cruise!

We travel every year this week, and haven't had a problem YET!

In fact we are looking at the same cruise. Either the one your looking at or Holland, which we traveled on before. So we haven't made our minds up yet. But if the weather looks bad, the captain tries to avoid it, so sometimes (as what happened last year, because of flooding) we didn't go to the port of call for the day. I think you'll be fine.

Archived