Can't Even Get A Canned Response To My Question

Despite the canned response to my complaint about RCCL revoking my access to the CL just after I gain Diamond status, they have yet to answer my second question:

"Since you have revoked my access to the Concierge Lounge just after I gain Diamond status, how do I know you won't revoke it again just after I gain Diamond Plus status IF I were to continue to spend thousands of dollars to continue cruise with RCCL?"

Despite the canned response to my complaint about RCCL revoking my access to the CL just after I gain Diamond status, they have yet to answer my second question:

"Since you have revoked my access to the Concierge Lounge just after I gain Diamond status, how do I know you won't revoke it again just after I gain Diamond Plus status IF I were to continue to spend thousands of dollars to continue cruise with RCCL?"

OOOOh- I can't imagine why they haven't answered you!

:D:D:D:D

Good one.

How could you expect a Customer Service rep to answer a question like that? They don't have a crystal ball to predict future policy changes.

So the only real answer that anyone can give you when you pose it in a " What If " format is anything can happen.

I can answer that. You don't. Probably they don't either.

If you are looking for guarantees about perks in thier loyalty programs you aren't likely to get any. Not from RCI, and not likely from any other company. And if they do tell you what you want to hear they will be empty promises.

Even if I don't get an answer, I hope it makes them uncomfortable.

I doubt that is what they are thinking, I know "uncomfortable" is not the response I would have to such a loaded question. :rolleyes:

If you are looking for guarantees about perks in thier loyalty programs you aren't likely to get any. Not from RCI, and not likely from any other company. And if they do tell you what you want to hear they will be empty promises.

Of course they don't know what it is going to happen in the future. The people who answer these questions are so low on the food chain. They are just Indians following whatever rules the Chiefs put in place for today.

So any expectation of getting a legit answer to that question is truly a waste of time. Plus, I don't think the asker of that question really expected a legit answer, but was asking it just to bust chops.

LOL do you have the same signature line in your email??? Maybe that's why they didn't answer. ;):D

Well said. Loyalty programs are not "rights" and are never promised to remain in place forever. Whether or not you want to try and shoot for Diamond Plus is up to you. It should not be based on believing that it is 100% that the Concierge Lounge will be a perk for Diamond Plus status once you obtain that classification. Nobody can make that promise. There might not even be a Concierege Lounge years down the road - heck there is a chance there might not even be a Royal Caribbean in a few years. That said I do think Royal Caribbean made a mistake with their recent changes to their loyalty program. I think that they should have done a combination of grandfathering in current diamond members to future Conicerge Lounge access and done some adjustments to the CL to keep costs down (i.e. two drink per person maximum per night or what not).

I think that they should have done a combination of grandfathering in current diamond members to future Conicerge Lounge access and done some adjustments to the CL to keep costs down (i.e. two drink per person maximum per night or what not).

In my email to Mr. Goldstein I expressed my disappointment in the changes and the discontinuation of D members in the CL. I also stated that I will dearly miss having an intimate setting with experienced cruisers . ..

I also suggested that if it was a monatary decision then perhaps they could charge 1/2 price for drinks during the "happy hour" . .. I think most would accept that compromise . ..

What do you think?

I know...... they should say it will be revoked and then when you get to D+ you are surprised to find out they will let you in!!! Or better yet if this is what you are cruising for....... freebies........ find happiness somewhere else.... if you can!!

Still haven't received an email telling me about the changes !!

jj.......

so let me guess....... if they do not e-mail you and you are denied your "perks" after July 1st.... will you sue??? I suppose since you made ALL that money cashing in your RCCL stock you can afford to now!!!

In my email to Mr. Goldstein I expressed my disappointment in the changes and the discontinuation of D members in the CL. I also stated that I will dearly miss having an intimate setting with experienced cruisers . ..

I also suggested that if it was a monatary decision then perhaps they could charge 1/2 price for drinks during the "happy hour" . .. I think most would accept that compromise . ..

What do you think?

Yes, I think that would have been a good compromise. It helps the company with it's cost cutting measures, but still provides a nice atmosphere and perk for their frequent cruisers.

so let me guess....... if they do not e-mail you and you are denied your "perks" after July 1st.... will you sue??? I suppose since you made ALL that money cashing in your RCCL stock you can afford to now!!!

LOL noo - i'll assume the changes don't apply to me !!!

jj......

What do you think?

I think any number of "solutions" to the CL issue would have been better for all than the decision that was selected.

Here are 4 possible solutions for the CL issue that have been mentioned on these threads:

1. 1/2 price drinks during happy hour in CL

2. 1-2 free drink coupons p/d for happy hour in CL

3. 1 free drink coupon p/d useable anywhere by eligible C & A members to avoid overcrowding

4. Split CL happy hour into 2 sessions (5-630 pm) (7-830pm). Eligible Cruiser picks. Would cut crowd down by 1/2, and also cut expenses.

Since the "reason" for the change was given as overcrowding, I think the solutions that will alleviate that problem are more likely to be listened to. I personally like #4 because I think that addresses the overcrowding concern, and saves RCL money, as well as living up to the spirit of the original perk. I am D+, and would like to still be able to visit with my friends before or after dinner in the CL and have some drinks, and 1.5 hours is plenty of time. PROBLEM SOLVED/ $ SAVED, everyone who was previously eligible, still keeps the perk.

It seems to me that with enough feedback to RCL, they may reconsider this decision. Compromise is a good thing.

Anyone else have another solution to this CL problem?

Yes, I think that would have been a good compromise. It helps the company with it's cost cutting measures, but still provides a nice atmosphere and perk for their frequent cruisers.

And it would definately cut down on the crowds, after all we do know why many (not all) are in the CL, and it is not to socialize.

jj.......

Alright Coxswain, we get it....Irishmen will NOT be getting their emails, get over yourself.....other than running up your post count is there a reason you post this 25 times per day? :confused:

You may be losing sleep over this but I can assure you NOBODY else on here is so we don[t need your hourly update on what emails you have or have not received!:rolleyes:

What do you think?

I really think a lot of this had to do with overcrowding in the lounge. That is why on the larger ships there is a place for Diamond members to have the cocktail hour.

When we sailed AOS the lounge was so packed you couldn't move. It was not pleasant at all. Now, can they find a spot on Voyager Class ships to have a happy hour for Diamond and Diamond Plus members.....that's the question to ask.

Alright Coxswain, we get it....Irishmen will NOT be getting their emails, get over yourself.....other than running up your post count is there a reason you post this 25 times per day? :confused:

You may be losing sleep over this but I can assure you NOBODY else on here is so we don[t need your hourly update on what emails you have or have not received!:rolleyes:

Ditto

jj.......

Did they email you when they upped the cruise credits for suites and 12 day cruises? If not, I assume you will forfeit those extra credits as a matter of principle.

LOL noo - i'll assume the changes don't apply to me !!!

jj......

:confused:Where you not the same person, who was going to jump ship, and start your own cruiseline. Royal probably thought it was a waste of time to email you, as you are no longer sailing with them.

Archived