Flow Rider 52" Height Min. - how strict are they?

Wow. What a thread!!

My son was crushed last cruise when he was too short. (I too could list a hundred reaons why he may have been physically capable, but rules are rules.)

We actually waitied until he was tall enough to book our next cruise to make sure he could take advantage of all Oasis has to offer. That was a painful wait!!

Now we just need to fatten him up 3lbs by March for the zipline!!! (Ironically, 2 BBCs and i will be up by 3lbs 4 hours into our sailing, but that issue is for another thread entirely!!)

Edited by WineDown17

When you get your bracelets allowing you to ride the flow rider. They measure kids or small adults. Kids have to be well beyond it for them not to measure.

They cannot look the other way for one kids because then 10 more will say "I am taller than him. Why does he get to ride?"

Good luck. the worst thing is they say sorry, no. Sure that will suck but its worth a try.

Wow. What a thread!!

My son was crushed last cruise when he was too short. (I too could list a hundred reaons why he may have been physically capable, but rules are rules.)

We actually waitied until he was tall enough to book our next cruise to make sure he could take advantage of all Oasis has to offer. That was a painful wait!!

Now we just need to fatten him up 3lbs by March for the zipline!!! (Ironically, 2 BBCs and i will be up by 3lbs 4 hours into our sailing, but that issue is for another thread entirely!!)

Same here. My DS is currently 10.5 years, is 57" tall, so he can do the boogie version for sure...perhaps the stand up if he grows 1 inch more in the next 5 months. But he's way under the weight for zipline (which is also 52" tall but 75 lbs). Very slim.

Edited by LuCruise

Bump from the dead!

Has anyone had to deal with this in the last six months or so? We sail in a couple of weeks and my little dude is 51.5" and he's been looking forward to this for half a year. If he's denied it's going to ruin his vacation.

My younger son has dealt with this twice now, most recently last week on Oasis. He is very short for his age, and a few years ago he was just under the 52" and they would not let him do boogie board. Being a family that spends most of their time on-board at the Flowrider, he was devastated, but they would not bend the rules for him. You cannot wear shoes, stand on your toes, or anything else that would make you taller than you really are. They have seen all the tricks and will catch whatever you try to get around it. The staff told us they can get in serious trouble if their supervisor finds out they let someone under the height get through.

Fast forward a few years to last week, and my son is now 13 and right at the 58" to do stand-up. He already is pretty good at stand-up since we do it at other onland Flowriders where the height restrictions are lower. He went to measure, stood as tall as he could without standing on his toes, and just hit the 58". But then the sports staff doing the measurements, who must have been having a bad day, told him he had to spread his legs to measure, which put him under and he wouldn't give him the stand-up wristband. After talking to a few other sports staff they did allow him to measure with his feet together and he got the band. He did make the height, so please no lectures on the rules not applying to us.

He then went on to win the Boogie 360 contest and finished 3rd in Best of the Best...