Cabins near elevators, need help

cruisdog

I had 9536 on the NCL Spirit. The deck plan shows it directly across from the forward elevator. Once on the ship, I found there was a partition wall between the elevator area and the cabin hallway. I never noticed any noise at all from the elevator.

Rich

On my first cruise I was lucky enough to discover how wonderful the rooms by the elevator are. No noise at all, but super convenient. A quick trip up or down the elevators/stairs to the outside decks. No endless long hallways to walk to get to your room. For me rooms by the elevator are premium rooms.

On almost every ship, the elevators are in their own foyer----the cabins are not directly across from the opening....even tho it doesn't really show it on the deck plans. Cabins near elevators/stairs are not noisy and are MOST CONVENIENT!!!!

You should hear little or no noise from the elevators, now depending on where you cabin is exactly in relation to the elevators you may well hear people WAITING for the elevator and kids hanging around the elevators.

There is always a corridor separated from the main stairwell and elevator area.

On our last cruise we were really near the elevator and only one night, after a deck party, we heard the elevator. Keep in mind, though, that we were on the Lido deck and that's where the party was being held. It wasn't for very long though and honestly was not all that loud. Just a few ping, ping noises and I think I fell asleep before I heard anything more! :D

You'll be just find at this location and it was VERY convenient.

Thanks for your kind answers, I thought it would be nice to be near the elevators, but my DW was worried. I've booked the cabin on the Sun for the 10/1/09 sailing out of SF. Thanks again for all the info.

Archived