Which are Better?

Nature Boy

Sailing on the Valor in Aug and booked in an inside cabin

Now my question is which level is best, is it the lower inside cabins Like on the Main or Riviera decks or the higher inside cabins like those on Upper, Empress or even Lido deck to reduce the amount of motion (sea) which is commonly discussed on these boards and noise from restuarants or lido deck or other public rooms? My GF seems to think we are going to "feel the seas" greater as we are on a lower deck (Our Cabin is on Main Deck).

Any information is most appreciated to help put her mind at ease...THANKS!

I don't care about the deck we are on, I'm just happy to be CRUISING :)

P.S First CRUISE!!:D

Honestly I have never sailed in an inside cabin but if you are worried about the motion, the center of the ship is the best place to be. I always try to get a room that is between two decks of cabins. That way you don't have to worry so much about noise from above or below. The Valor is a great ship. You will have a great time.:)

For convenience's sake, I like to be on a deck closest to where I'll spend most of my time--that means I won't have to wait for those elevators every time I want to come or go from my room! The stairs are faster, but if I'm more than 3 flights, the elevator is a must (at least, for going UP!)

Inside cabins are all exactly like. The higher you go the more you pay.

I agree with the above poster-- be careful with being under "noise".

Avoid under the galley, kitchen areas of places like the pizzeria or grill.

The riveria deck is quietest, cheapest.

The answer to your question regarding placement with regard to motion is that the dead middle of the ship is the best place to be, the fulcrum of the sea saw as it were.

That being said you may want to be somewhere else for other reasons such as convenience to somewhere you expect to go often etc.

I like the lower decks, it forces us to walk more. I actually lost 2 pounds on my last cruise, all because we had to climb a million sets of stairs a day. I thought we had less motion in our cabin then there was on say the promenade deck. We were Riviera Mid ship on the Fascination.

Thanks for your post everyone

but she still wants to know if you think we have a good cabin to avoid the 2?:confused:

I know minor detail right? I am trying to relax her lol

we are on the Main Deck , Cabin 2268

let me know your views...THANK!!

If it were me, I'd look at the insides on Upper deck - the ones that have cabins on either side and behind them as well. An inside with a blank area to the back of it can mean a service corridor, and those can be noisy. Also, those insides on Upper are closer to midships and should have less motion, since that's a concern.

Thanks for your post everyone

but she still wants to know if you think we have a good cabin to avoid the 2?:confused:

I know minor detail right? I am trying to relax her lol

we are on the Main Deck , Cabin 2268

let me know your views...THANK!!

too far forward for me-- August 30--prime time hurrican season too.

you do not want to move to a 4C- thats under the galley.

You could move down to the riveria deck 9 check out 1322/25/26 or 29

reason being that only one side is a cabin for 4 people.

more midship- very low.

Curious to how much to upgrade to an oceanview. ( I see early savers rate of an oceanview for 509.)

Inside cabins are extremly dark 24/7

Thanks everyone

I think I have the idea, I actually wanted an an Empress deck cabin but then the TA missed it in my email and booked the MAIN deck cabin instead. I don't mind the dark I am a pretty accustom to dark rooms and have a good sense of what time of day it is despite the lighting conditions lol;)...Also not worried about the hurricane season being from the caribbean and all.

I am grateful for all the replies:)

well doh-- i didnt notice you are from the Dominca. Awesome--

To think you are coming all the way here to cruise the "other" islands.

It is not to late to make changes to your cabin-- and you should not be charged for such things. Now you keep an eye on the carnival web site for any price reductions- if the price comes down you want to ask for a refund

well doh-- i didnt notice you are from the Dominca. Awesome--

To think you are coming all the way here to cruise the "other" islands.

It is not to late to make changes to your cabin-- and you should not be charged for such things. Now you keep an eye on the carnival web site for any price reductions- if the price comes down you want to ask for a refund

Yea Thanks for the info about changing the cabins, I will try tomorrow to get a better one, we really wanted to cruise to somewhere we haven't seen(having been to a lot of the other cruised caribbean islands a few times each)...I would have LOVED if it was Alaska or the Med though:D (maybe be time! whohoo lol)

But that's what we can afford for now so I'll take it!

Thanks again for the advice.

Yea Thanks for the info about changing the cabins, I will try tomorrow to get a better one, we really wanted to cruise to somewhere we haven't seen(having been to a lot of the other cruised caribbean islands a few times each)...I would have LOVED if it was Alaska or the Med though:D (maybe be time! whohoo lol)

But that's what we can afford for now so I'll take it!

Thanks again for the advice.

we have been on 13 cruises since 2000. One cruise on the Southern route took us to Aruba- Tried our first land vacation last Sept-- came home and cancelled our booked cruise for 2009 in Sept --we are going back to Aruba instead for a lot cheaper then a cruise.

I would love to cruise to Alasaka--but will wait til I retire so I can do it right.

many swear by the middle cabins being less impactful as far as motion but I havent noticed too much of a difference in the cabins towards the ends or up higher...maybe I have just been lucky as far as the seas go when staying away from midship. If you have a choice and feel that the motion could be troublesome I would play it safe a go midship lower deck

Archived