Pool on Nautica

katz

What is the pool like? Is any part of the pool deck area covered. This is our visit time with Oceania and I think that I might have been spoiled by the covered adult pools on RCC. We didn't worry about the outside temperature or wind.

Are there serious chair hogs? Does the crew remove towels from chairs that stay empty for hours and hours? Is the pool heated?

Thank you for your help.

The Nautica's pool is on the smallish side and nestled nicely midships between two raised hot tubs. There is a small portion of the pool deck that is covered at one end off to the side that has nice lounging chairs and sofas. These were never full on our Med cruise last October. There is covered/wind protected seating along the outside sides of the pool like on other ships.

We never had a problem getting a deck chair by or near the pool even on a sea day. We never noticed anyone reserving pool chairs with towel's etc. first thing in the morning. The pool itself was never crowded.

Remember it's a small ship so things do not get crowded on O. Not everyone swims or wishes to sit in the sun either and, given there are few if any kids, you will likely have no problem getting preferred space by the pool any day if you are so inclined. Welcome to O Katz!

PS I recall the lovely atrium pool on the Grandeur of the Seas. It was our favorite place on GoS. Is this an example of the adult pools you were referring to on RCI?

There are always chair hogs ..even on Oceania:eek:

If there is something ( usually books) left for hours just ask the deck attendant to remove them.

The pool IS heated saltwater

You may want to read through the FAQ's on their website for more info

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=f8b9388d-59ce-4f66-b6e2-739f92bff86c&Secure=True

Lyn

Thank you, Crazy and Lyn for the great information about the pool. We like to relax and swim after our excursions.

Crazy--what was the weather like on your cruise? We are going in October too, Starting in Venice and ending in Athens.

Lyn, thanks for the website information. I am stilling learning my way around the website.

Lyn, thanks for the website information. I am stilling learning my way around the website.

I am still learning also

;)

You can learn something new each day

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Crazy--what was the weather like on your cruise? We are going in October too, Starting in Venice and ending in Athens.

During the first two weeks of October it was 20 to 25 C (68-78F) every day and escecially warm in the Greek Isles and Athens. Sprinkle of rain on one day and that was it. Able to swim most days comfortably in pool or on shore e.g., Mykonos, Rhodes.

Seas were particularly calm on the Dalmatian coast. Only disappointment could not tender into Santorini due to high winds blowing the donkeys around.

Enjoy!!

Dave

The descriptions of the Pool are 100% accurate but the only times you will ever find chairs reserved by books are on Sea Days.

On a normal day you can take your pick.

Brian

Indeed, on our two sea days in September, it was very annoying. I think the problem was exacerbated by the large university alumni group on board. Many left their stuff on the chairs all day, then most of the group would go to some activity on board while one or two spouses guarded the ten chairs, then one or two would return and switch off.

IMO, the larger the group traveling together, the worse the problem. The deck attendants would try to help, but the one person there would object strenuously and that was that. People in groups of two or four happily would clear out a chair for you, but some of the larger groups seemed to feel that they owned them for the day, like a cabana!

Archived