Post Cuise day in NYC

judeg

Sure this question has been asked many times but haven't the time to search out the answers at the moment, so forgive me!!

Sailing on Caribbean Princess 5th September to New England- but on the final day our flight to Heathrow doesn't leave from JFK til 6.30 in the evening- has anyone got experience of how to spend the day- realise we have to be there by 3.30 but can't bear the thought of spending all day there!! If we didn't have piles of luggage it would be easy to 'do' NYC I suppose- do Princess have excursions that drop you back at the airport- can't find any on their website- oh and our budget sadly doesn't allow for an extra night in town!

Thanks in advance

Judy

I would check with your cruise line to see if they have a service that will take your bags from the ship right to the airport, it will be a hassle to walk around NY with them. If you are going to the Manhattan pier, you will already be around 48th street so you may want to take a cab and walk around Times Square/Rockefeller Plaza. 5th Ave is right by Rockefeller plaza if you want to browse some high end store. I would allow yourself 45min-1hour to get from midtown to JFK.

It is possible to store your luggage. Check out this site:

http://www.nyc.com/visitor_guide/luggage_storage.75878/editorial_review.aspx

This would give you a chance to wander around midtown for a couple of hours and then take a cab or the subway to Kennedy. Schwartz Travel would not be far from the E train to Kennedy - http://www.mta.info/mta/airtrain.htm

We are on NCL in the Fall, and they tell me they offer no NYC day tours because they just dont have the demand for it. Our flight doesnt leave until 330 pm, so we would like to take a day tour, but have all of the luggage to deal with.

Any options anyone can think of?

We are on NCL in the Fall, and they tell me they offer no NYC day tours because they just dont have the demand for it. Our flight doesnt leave until 330 pm, so we would like to take a day tour, but have all of the luggage to deal with.

what airport??? you should be at the airport about 2 hours ahead so that means 1:30...then allow an hour to get there that means leave NY at 12:30...........so you don't have much time.....

you COULD cab it to a hotel and ask at the bellstand if they will hold your luggage, then get breakfast......

honestly i don't think you have THAT much time......

what airport??? you should be at the airport about 2 hours ahead so that means 1:30...then allow an hour to get there that means leave NY at 12:30...........so you don't have much time.....

you COULD cab it to a hotel and ask at the bellstand if they will hold your luggage, then get breakfast......

honestly i don't think you have THAT much time......

Agree, you don't have much time at all in Manhattan.

My suggestion would be to head to somewhere iconic for lunch like 21 Club (they will check your luggage for you), have an early lunch then head to the airport.

I'm guessing JFK since you are flying to Heathrow?

Greg, are you planning on staying in NYC before the cruise? If so, I bet your hotel would be happy to keep your bags for several hours the day you return. We're planning to do that, because we want to squeeze in as much time in New York as we possibly can. We can always rest when we get home.

If you've never toured NY before, I would recommend onboardtours.com. We disembarked around 9 a.m. Met their tour in downtown Manhattan. The tour left at 10 am. It was a 5/12 hour tour that toured New York. The van seats 30 but there were only about 10 on our tour. The guide got off the bus with us to show us around and discuss things. We had carry on sized luggage that we just kept on his van. The bus driver stayed on the van the entire time. We were done a little after 3 pm and then headed to the airport by taxi. It was perfect. If your flight doesn't leave til 6:30, then you have plenty of time to do this. Have fun.

Archived