Signman - The Deck 8 Results

FinelyCruising

Deck 8 is indeed one back for every outside cabin on each side of the ship. After walking the deck starting from the front of the ship, it seems to me that the plans are skewed at the start with the two front corner cabins. They actually wrap a bit more to the side of the ship then shown and absorb the space of the 1st outside cabin marked on the deck plan. As a result the 1st outside cabin at the bow is really in place #2, ergo the domino effect all the way down the line.

(In our case, the deck plans show 8252 as the last one on the hump, but it is actually the large angled balcony right after it. No complaints here!)

Well this is really confusing. If the cabins are off by one all the way, is the last cabin not 8334/8343? If those really are the last cabins on the side, then where is the discrepancy corrected?

Bob - I *think*

Deck 7 has 29 cabins after the hump.

Deck 9 has 27 cabins after the hump.

I think its possible that Deck 8 has 28 cabins after the hump rather than the 27 cabin places they are showing.

Here are the deck plans (last page)

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/ships/decks_recat/EC_DP_Schem.pdf

Cabin 8252, can your neighbors look onto your balcony ? Thanks

Next door neighbors have to peek over the sides. Further down the line if you are at the rails you are visible, otherwise the seating and table area is private due to the depth of the balcony.

What has me so confused is this:

If 8110 is the first cabin on the starboard side and "Every cabin is off by one on the deck plans", then is the first cabin on an angle is 8160 and not 8162. If so, then the last cabin on that side with an angle is 8258 and 8260 is the first one after the hump.

This picture is how I understand it to be down as far as 8258, but what does the aft look like?

cabinexample-vi.jpg

Now if all of that is correct, then there is not enough room after the hump for all of the cabins to fit . Where is 8334? Non existent? I think everyone agrees that the corner sky suite is 8336.

Bob 8334 is an available cabin when entered into the queue on the site. The deck plans are not according to scale, if you look at the deck 9 plan the corridor running along the back is skinny compared to the deck 8 plan. I still think they are all there, 8260 starts the straight run of what I beleive to be 28 cabins on Deck 8

One cabin less each deck up to create the angle of the ship viewed from the side elevation.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Deck 9 (27 Cabins)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Deck 8 (28 Cabins; Plan is 27)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Deck 7 (29 Cabins)

Thanks, Cheryl.

I think I understand that, but I don't see how they would correct the drawing. If there are the right number of "boxes" and numbers, they can't simply move them on the deck plan. Either a number or a box would have to be deleted somewhere, probably towards the bow.

But I am just not going to worry about it any more. Some day (maybe) they will have new deck plans and it will be straightened out (or not).

gee--after experiencing the crowded card room near the elvators on deck 9, we thought we'd move to Deck 8 in the future but this is confusing. Can you rec a nice Deck 8 stateroom a few cabins in front of the hump that has bed by the balcony door?

Thanks, Cheryl.

I think I understand that, but I don't see how they would correct the drawing. If there are the right number of "boxes" and numbers, they can't simply move them on the deck plan. Either a number or a box would have to be deleted somewhere, probably towards the bow.

But I am just not going to worry about it any more. Some day (maybe) they will have new deck plans and it will be straightened out (or not).

What I am suggesting is that the deck plan is simply short the one space needed, they just have to draw it in and its correct. The size of the deck plan is just not large enough (or they can make the cabin sizes smaller) to accommodate the shift because it is not to scale to begin with.

Or we just wait until November and do a search and find.:D

gee--after experiencing the crowded card room near the elvators on deck 9, we thought we'd move to deck 8 in the future but this is confusing. Can you rec a nice deck 8 stateroom a few cabins in front of the hump that has bed by the balcony door?

Signman, you seem to be the go-to guy for Solstice cabin questions. I booked a 1A large-balcony hump cabin, I want to say 7215, that faces forward. I now see that I think it's 7243, same position but facing the rear, is available (I may have those numbers screwed up). Do you have an opinion on the wind issue for front facing (Med cruise) balconies? I can switch easily, I just don't know if I should, because I'm not sure how frustrated I'd be not being able to see forward. I'm just looking for a little feedback here. I also prefer the bed nearest the bathroom, still haven't figured out how to tell.

Thanks so much for any thoughts

Cathy

Signman, you seem to be the go-to guy for Solstice cabin questions. I booked a 1A large-balcony hump cabin, I want to say 7215, that faces forward. I now see that I think it's 7243, same position but facing the rear, is available (I may have those numbers screwed up). Do you have an opinion on the wind issue for front facing (Med cruise) balconies? I can switch easily, I just don't know if I should, because I'm not sure how frustrated I'd be not being able to see forward. I'm just looking for a little feedback here. I also prefer the bed nearest the bathroom, still haven't figured out how to tell.

Thanks so much for any thoughts

Cathy

Both cabins named will have the bed by the balcony. The balcony of 7215 is larger than 7243. Sorry, but I really don't know anything about the wind factor. I suppose I would prefer being able to see all the way forward, but then again it's nice to see the wake. Oh, did I mention that I almost always sail in inside cabins.

As for being able to determine bed location, it seems that the best indicator is when a cabin either has an upper berth or sofa bed. In those configurations, the sofa will be by the balcony.

Archived