Signman - The Deck 8 Results

FinelyCruising

gee--after experiencing the crowded card room near the elvators on deck 9, we thought we'd move to Deck 8 in the future but this is confusing. Can you rec a nice Deck 8 stateroom a few cabins in front of the hump that has bed by the balcony door?

We just got off the T/A and had this cabin...it was fine (except I didn't like the bed by the balcony) but if you do then this is the one! It is starboard and a few cabins after the "hump". There are life boats on deck 6 but if you are sitting on the balcony you don't see them...only if you stand up and look down...you can't look straight into the water. I think I might try and go higher up next time because of that but I'm currently booked on the Equinox for the holidays on deck 8 8260. LuAnn

Thanks for the info about the lifeboats.

.Hmm--we'll think about it... we were on 9 but did not like the crowded card room every time we went to use the elevators...we'll be back on 9 in Sept.. just alot of people to climb around as they expand outward in the space...

we use the balcony much less now that cigars are banned from them--just to sit out & gaze at stars or the sea--seems it'd still be OK for that(???)

DH prefers deck nine-now I wil have to share your info with him & see if we should switch--there are many cabins open--cruise is not til 2011.

I understand what you are saying and could see how that would be a problem! I think the card room is very small for this type of ship..but then I don't think most people will spend 15 nights on board as we just did on the T/A...so the card room got a lot more use than usual, I would guess! RE balcony..we use ours quite a bit to sit out there and read or have glass of wine..also like to sit on the couch and read with the door open. Love the fresh air and light it provides..but if you don't need one then you can certainly save some $$. LuAnn

• 1 month later...

We are booked in 1A cat 8160 on Equinox, am I correct in thinking that it is an angled cabin, not straight as it is shown on the key. Sorry if I am repeating a question, but I am new to the boards and new to Celebrity. I may change cabins if this is not the case because we would like the extra space if possible.

I booked over the phone before checking the deck plans. oops

Thank you, I will leave my booking as it stands.

When i spoke to X today they said that 8160 was definately on the straight run, not at an angle, but they couldn't explain why it was therefore a 1A cabin. I am sticking to cc's expertise here. Will post info and review after 8/8 sailing to Med.

Thank you, I will leave my booking as it stands.

When i spoke to X today they said that 8160 was definately on the straight run, not at an angle, but they couldn't explain why it was therefore a 1A cabin. I am sticking to cc's expertise here. Will post info and review after 8/8 sailing to Med.

Have a great time!:)

Archived