Carnival Legend: HELP with Balcony Cabins

Eeyoregon

Well we have been back for a while, and while I'm researching our next cruise I found this post. 6232 will have 4 chairs on the deck. We ended up right above in 7258 on the Legend, and it was the largest balcony you could imagine. Think party for twenty, so you are so going to enjoy this!!! We started out with 5 chairs on our balcony, but they took one away after the first day. Yes there was a breeze, you are going to get the morning sun while cruising, and I am so jealous !I really loved this cruise, and the destinations that we went to(sub in Cayman, shopping and Higlights tour in Cozumel, snorkeling at Goff's Caye, and nothing, ah wonder ful nothing in Honduras). I hope that you have a wonderful time!:)

Thanks for posting and adding to my level of excitement!! This is my very 1st balcony cabin!

Gina

• 1 month later...
The same balcony is above on deck 7 and 8- (the side cabins on each of those decks are handicapped cabins)

Dividers on this class of ship are removed-- not just opened-- which for me is nicer.

Serene56.......I am trying to find interior or oceanview connecting cabins on Legend....with all your experience, can you help? Do you still maintain that cabin 6232 is the best cabin on the Spirit class?

We are booked on The Legend, leaving Sept 12. It is our FIRST cruise, so we have so many questions. We have balcony room 7259, which sounds like it is below the one you are talking about. Am I right? Is this a good location? We had NO IDEA what we were doing when we chose a cabin. Please tell me that we did well. :confused:

You are certainly more than welcome - I learned about 6232 here on cc boards - I am excited that you were able to book it! :)

We have booked cabin#5236 which is the obstructed-view cabin directly below #6232(and #7258).

The balcony seems like a bowling alley-very long and narrow. Anyone had this cabin in the Carnival Spirit class?

We are booked on The Legend, leaving Sept 12. It is our FIRST cruise, so we have so many questions. We have balcony room 7259, which sounds like it is below the one you are talking about. Am I right? Is this a good location? We had NO IDEA what we were doing when we chose a cabin. Please tell me that we did well. :confused:

no, 7259 is on the other side of the ship- towards the forward elevators.

odd number cabins are on the right side of the ship (starboard)

it is also a connecting cabin- did you want a connecting cabin?

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE

you have nothing to compare it to--- it will be perfect.

Serene56.......I am trying to find interior or oceanview connecting cabins on Legend....with all your experience, can you help? Do you still maintain that cabin 6232 is the best cabin on the Spirit class?

6232 is the best cabin for 4 people. I have booked this cabin over a year in advance to make sure I got it.

but on this class of ship--- all the way forward on decks 5, 6, 7

there are inside cabins that connect to a balcony.

example is 7108 connects to 7106 and check out the other side too-.

there are two of these combos on each deck.

Can you look right down to the water from the balcony on 6232? Or are the lifeboats in the way. I like to watch the ship move through the water.

We're considering booking it for a cruise next year.

6232 is the best cabin for 4 people. I have booked this cabin over a year in advance to make sure I got it.

but on this class of ship--- all the way forward on decks 5, 6, 7

there are inside cabins that connect to a balcony.

example is 7108 connects to 7106 and check out the other side too-.

there are two of these combos on each deck.

Thanks for the info. We just booked 8232 and 8230 next door. If we get that balcony divider opened, we should have quite the balcony (plus, it makes it easier to get to the next room instead of going out in the hall and using a key card).

Thanks for the info. We just booked 8232 and 8230 next door. If we get that balcony divider opened, we should have quite the balcony (plus, it makes it easier to get to the next room instead of going out in the hall and using a key card).

as soon as you board-- one person from each cabin get to the pursers desk ASAP- only a limited number of dividers can be opened.

This class of ship the dividers open to the rail and locked in place. A cabin steward can not do this for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in the Aft balconies category 8I like on deck 5 or 7? I am wondering if we got side-by-sides would we be able to see each other out on the balcony or are there solid walls between the balconies?

Did you ever find out if you could remove the particians on the aft balcony cabins? We are on the Legend this November with the six cabins side by side on the sixth floor in the aft of the boat and would like nothing more than to remove all six of the particians and just enjoy the entire rear of the ship as one huge balcony. How do we go about doing this? Thanks so much!

hmmm, I dont think your agent knows what they are talking about. your agent can not request your divider opened

although on the aft there is a metal partition down the middle of the ship so if you have those two cabins then yes the partition can not be opened.

On this class of ship only a limited amount of dividers can be opened.

The dividers are opened and locked to the railing= once they are opened and locked you can not have them closed again for the remainder of the week.

One person from each cabin presents themselves at the pursers desk to ask that their divider be opened.

here is my divider on the miracle-

283587817YmLkYS_th.jpg

hmmm, I dont think your agent knows what they are talking about.

although on the aft there is a metal partition down the middle of the ship so if you have those two cabins then yes the partition can not be opened.

On this class of ship only a limited amount of dividers can be opened.

The dividers are opened and locked to the railing= once they are opened and locked you can not have them closed again for the remainder of the week.

One person from each cabin presents themselves at the pursers desk to ask that their divider be opened.

We are on the Legend this November with the six cabins side by side on the sixth floor in the aft of the boat and would like nothing more than to remove all six of the particians and just enjoy the entire rear of the ship as one huge balcony. How do we go about doing this? Thanks so much!

Please be aware that once the dividers are opened they will stay open the whole week= You will be giving up your privacy- and sometimes it will be good to get away from friends and family.

See above on how to open the dividers.

you will not be able to get all 6 cabins opened.

2959638240085533550jmGCny_th.jpg

and the balconies will not be all opened= as you can see the aft is set with a door on the divider== the rest of the divider will stay in place

• 2 weeks later...

Planning a May 2011 cruise and was looking for a long wider balcony. Read the middle afts didn't have much air flow and were more sunny.

Had a corner aft on the RCCL Freedom and just LOVED IT!

Can't wait till the next cruise!

Jacquelyn :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, Gina, how was cabin 6232? I have heard only great reviews about this cabin..I cannot wait for next year!!!:)

It was AWESOME!!! We had 2 lay down lounge chairs and 4 normal deck chairs and 2 side tables and still had room for more chairs and for people to stand.

And to those who inquired about a breeze with it being inset, yes, there was a nice breeze at all times.

For this itinerary, we were truly port side at each port. Had amazing sunrises in the morning and sunsets in the evening...however that worked out?

You will love it. THANK YOU CC friends who gave me the scoop on this fabulous balcony. My friends were stunned and impressed that I "found" it ;).

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

I am still glowing over cabin #6232. Here are a few pics that I took of this fabulous balcony.

PA230107.JPG

PA230110.JPG

40thBday%20023.jpg

40thBday%20025.jpg

40thBday%20024.jpg

40thBday%20022.jpg

This cabin sleeps 4 with 2 twins/1king, sofa bed and drop down bunk. Extremely QUIET cabin with NO noise from the crew room nextdoor. Loved it's aft location for quick commute to dining room and adult deck. Just feet from the elevators but NO noise.

Thanks again to all who recommended this cabin!

Gina

I am still glowing over cabin #6232. Here are a few pics that I took of this fabulous balcony.

PA230107.JPG

PA230110.JPG

40thBday%20023.jpg

40thBday%20025.jpg

40thBday%20024.jpg

40thBday%20022.jpg

This cabin sleeps 4 with 2 twins/1king, sofa bed and drop down bunk. Extremely QUIET cabin with NO noise from the crew room nextdoor. Loved it's aft location for quick commute to dining room and adult deck. Just feet from the elevators but NO noise.

Thanks again to all who recommended this cabin!

Gina

You are most welcome! Glad you enjoyed the cruise! Thanks for coming back to report and post pictures! We have a similar cabin (with long balcony), for two, on another deck, booked for May 2011.

Archived