Carribean - Passport Stamps?

seashells08

I've never seen any passports stamps given cruise ship passengers in the Caribbean. You would have to make special requests and I think it would be difficult to accomplish.

We traveled independently for resort vacations to many islands including Aruba, Curacao, Nassau etc and never had our passports stamped at airports.

Edited by sail7seas

If you ask around in the dock area you can generally be pointed in the right direction to get them stamped. Barbados there were some customs people hanging out just to the right after you enter the building at the dock. In Antigua, it was in a building down the one strip of shopping leading away from the pier (um, left pier as you faced town). My wife likes to try to get them stamped when she can.

(The Barbados one actually was labelled as "Souvenir", so I'm guessing they get these requests periodically.)

While not caribbean, in Guatemala, it was at the tourism booth in the hut you pass through at the pier.

Is it possible to get our passports stamped at ports of call in the Carribean (Puerto Rico/St. Thomas/Antigua/Bermuda)? Had a name change this past year and my passport is empty. :(

Never ever had my passport stamped in the Carribean or in the Med while on a cruise. Have been to Aruba on land based vacations and it was stamped in the airport everytime.

Plan more land based trips if you need stamps in your passport!

Edited by 6rugrats

A few years ago, I was on a Hawaiian cruise that stopped at Fanning Isl. In the post office at Fanning, there were people who would stamp the passports for $5. I had intended to take my passport when I was going ashore, but had forgotten it. I felt it wasn't imiportant enough to warrant my going back to the ship just to get my passport, go back to the island, etc., etc.

My passport still doesn't have any stamps in it, and it expires next April. Oh Well!!

We've gotten our (US) passport stamp, just for the asking, at the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Initially on our last cruise the ship's desk said they would but then when we came back they said they couldn't do them:

Bahamas 2007

British Virgin Islands 2007

Cayman Islands 2008

Jamaica 2008

I like Sir Turtle on Grand Cayman's stamp - and the fact that they didn't put a date on it (oopsie....) By contrast, Jamaica said we could stay up to two days in the country.

I understand seashells08's feelings - my wife had to change her passport because of a change in name and she has no stamps in her new document. But we got the old passport back, which has most of the above stamps.

Edited by startraveler

A few years ago, I was on a Hawaiian cruise that stopped at Fanning Isl. In the post office at Fanning, there were people who would stamp the passports for $5. I had intended to take my passport when I was going ashore, but had forgotten it. I felt it wasn't imiportant enough to warrant my going back to the ship just to get my passport, go back to the island, etc., etc.

My passport still doesn't have any stamps in it, and it expires next April. Oh Well!!

I sailed to Fanning in Nov 2006. During that time frame there was a kisok right near the tender pier that would stamp your passport. It only cost a dollar donation to get it stamped. I did buy the beautiful stamps at Johnny's store at Fanning. I am so sad that NCL no longer does the Fanning Island cruise. I wanted to do that cruise at least one more time.

Edited by Wants2cruise

If we cannot find the customs agent in his or her office for a stamp we then look for the post office. The port maps issued on ships usually will show the post office.....then we ask the clerk there to stamp our passports with their postage canceling stamp.Works for us.

I sailed to Fanning in Nov 2006. During that time frame there was a kisok right near the tender pier that would stamp your passport. It only cost a dollar donation to get it stamped. I did buy the beautiful stamps at Johnny's store at Fanning. I am so sad that NCL no longer does the Fanning Island cruise. I wanted to do that cruise at least one more time.

I certainly enjoyed the stop there. Two beautiful sea days down and two beautiful days back.

• 6 years later...
Is it possible to get our passports stamped at ports of call in the Carribean (Puerto Rico/St. Thomas/Antigua/Bermuda)? Had a name change this past year and my passport is empty. :(

Bermuda = I got one @ customs house on front St. Hamilton.

St. Thomas I got one @ the Post Office.

Edited by biker@sea

Hi,

Does anyone know where we can get our Canadian passports stamped while we are on our cruise? We will be in the following

San Juan

St Kitts

St Lucia

Barbados

Thanks a bunch:)

Barbados = I got a one in the cruise terminal from the customs office.

Edited by biker@sea

In Bermuda, we got ours stamped right at the cruise terminal @Heritage Wharf. We were docked at King's Wharf, and just walked over to the other pier as though we were about to board the "wrong ship" and asked the cruise staff there to direct us to the customs and immigration agent. It was easy and fast, and stamped with a smile!

Edited by DonnaK