When to book aft cabin

CRUISERSWITHKIDS

With all the talk of the aft cabins, my husband and I are wanting to book one for our January cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I was considering booking it now, but he thinks we should wait and book it while we are on our Alaskan cruise in July to get the future cruise discounts. We have never booked a cruise like that before and was wanting to know what kind of discount you normally get or does it vary according to the cruise you book? Would I still be able to get just as good of a deal by watching the prices and having Princess do price adjustments? Or for that matter, would there be any aft cabins still be available in July? Also, Which aft cabin do you suggest to avoid the beams/pools and the vents and from other things I read, which one to avoid the unpleasant smells?

I would book the aft cabin now to be sure you get it.

In the past we have used newly purchased future cruise credits on a previously booked cruise since we had not yet made our final payment. Perhaps someone can confirm this can still be done or you could call Princess to inquire.

Lew

you should book the cabin now,you can apply your fcc to the room later when you get back,chances are if you wait,there wont be any aft cabins left,then watch for price drops after you get the room;)

you should book the cabin now,you can apply your fcc to the room later when you get back,chances are if you wait,there wont be any aft cabins left,then watch for price drops after you get the room;)

How dies that work? I didn't know you could apply FCC to an existing booking.

I agree with the other posters, book it now, IF you can still get it. The aft's are prime real estate. Good luck:)

OK...OK...YOU TALKED ME INTO IT! HA! NOW IF SOMEONE WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO TELL ME WHICH CABIN I WANT TO BOOK ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS SO THAT I DON'T END UP WITH A BEAM, VENT, OR PECULIAR SMELL:eek:

How is an AFT cabin designated and priced?

Is it considered a balcony cabin or a suite?

If it is considered a balcony, how much more expensive than

a standard balcony is it priced?

Thanks

On a Grand Class ship like Caribbean Princess, there are several aft facing balcony cabins that are Category BB pricing. These are great deals as the balconies are among the largest onboard and they are fully covered.

C752 and C753 and B748 and B749 are good aft facing balcony cabins with no beams (column obstructions) and no adjacent vents. There are no other category BB balconies on caribe deck aft but there are several on baja deck aft. These category BB cabins in the middle are the ones that may have beams or be adjacent to vents.

Do a board search for a thread by FLVOL77 entitled something like Ultimate thread on aft cabins. The thread is filled with aft cabin details.

Hope this helps. We started booking category BB aft cabins on Princess 4 years ago and began booking 9 months out and now are booking 1 year out to get the cabin we want...

I'm so appreciative of everybodys input! I called Princess this morning and booked our Southern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess! The CVP told me we could book it now and then when we go on our Alaskan cruise this summer, to talk to the people at the sales desk and they will be able to apply my FCC to this sailing!

Also, I'm very glad I booked it now since there were only 4 cabins that I was interested in and 2 of those 4 were not available already! She also told me that this cruise is "wide open" meaning that not many have booked yet on it (doesn't sail till Jan 10, 2010) So yes the information on CC is very accurate! The Aft balconies do go first! We are going to be in cabin C752 (Both the Baja cabins were filled). So if you're planning on this cruise and want the good aft balconies book now! There is only 1 of them available!:p

I'm so appreciative of everybodys input! I called Princess this morning and booked our Southern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess! The CVP told me we could book it now and then when we go on our Alaskan cruise this summer, to talk to the people at the sales desk and they will be able to apply my FCC to this sailing!

Also, I'm very glad I booked it now since there were only 4 cabins that I was interested in and 2 of those 4 were not available already! She also told me that this cruise is "wide open" meaning that not many have booked yet on it (doesn't sail till Jan 10, 2010) So yes the information on CC is very accurate! The Aft balconies do go first! We are going to be in cabin C752 (Both the Baja cabins were filled). So if you're planning on this cruise and want the good aft balconies book now! There is only 1 of them available!:p

Congrats. :D

This was created by FLVOL77. You can't see your room on the Baja deck but the other corner aft will be identical to yours.

This was the best I could do on the Caribbean Princess. I couldn't really find a better photo.

Hope this helps

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

Thank you so much for that picture of the aft cabins! This will sound stupid I know, but I called Princess this morning to change to the C753 cabin. Just for the plain simple fact that I can see that balcony in the picture and I know exactly what I'm getting! I know that it is supposed to be the mirror image of that balcony but this way I know for sure! OK, you can make fun of me now:D:D!

I have 2 Princess cruises coming up. The Star Princess to Alaska and the Emerald Princess for Halloween. On the Alaska cruise I am in C753 and for the Emerald Princess I am in C752. Life is soooooooooooo good!!:D:D

Also I did sail on the Caribbean Princess in C753, Invite your friends, because you have the room for a small party of say, 20 people.

Linda

I have 2 Princess cruises coming up. The Star Princess to Alaska and the Emerald Princess for Halloween. On the Alaska cruise I am in C753 and for the Emerald Princess I am in C752. Life is soooooooooooo good!!:D:D

Also I did sail on the Caribbean Princess in C753, Invite your friends, because you have the room for a small party of say, 20 people.

Linda

Thanks for the pictures Linda I booked Baja 749 for the NY Repo cruise in Oct. Your pictures gave me a great prespective on the size of the balcony, (I thought the balcony's on the Caribe deck were big)

We were on the CB two weeks ago and had C753. The view is fantastic, the hallway is quiet and you feel like you have a suite for a fraction of the price. You will love it. Congratulations and enjoy!

We were on the CB two weeks ago and had C753. The view is fantastic, the hallway is quiet and you feel like you have a suite for a fraction of the price. You will love it. Congratulations and enjoy!

gsmith,

I knew that the balcony was supposed to be bigger but is the room itself bigger? Not expecting it but that would be nice. Since it will be just my hubby and myself on this one, I think we can manage with a regular sized cabin. Would you happen to have any pictures that you can post from inside the cabin? Thanks,

Tracy

Archived