Barry Hopkins Assn. CD?

Martita B.

Has anyone sailed with (or heard of) Handre Potieter, Assn. Cruise Director? Evidently he is going to the Odyssey with Barry Hopkins. They both were with Regent Cruise Line.

Also it is rumored the Odyssey Cruise Director's will not be entertainers or will perform.

Just wondering ~~~

Happy Easter:p

Martita B.

We met Handré two years ago on a Caribbean Cruise on the Regent Mariner. He is from South Africa.

As he is in our age (mid-30) we had a lot of fun and enjoyed the cruise very much.

Happy to hear that he finally made it to Seabourn. As we are planning a cruise on Odyssey in December this will be definitely an additional reason.

Jochen

Has anyone sailed with (or heard of) Handre Potieter, Assn. Cruise Director? Evidently he is going to the Odyssey with Barry Hopkins. They both were with Regent Cruise Line.

Also it is rumored the Odyssey Cruise Director's will not be entertainers or will perform.

Just wondering ~~~

Happy Easter:p

Martita B.

Only just seen your post. Yes, I know Barry and sailed with him on Regent. He is British and has a fund of interesting stories.

Just wondering ~~~

Miss Pinkie: I have been told by 2 Seabourn CDs that this is part of the new entertainment scheme on the big triplets in that the CDs will only be "administrators" and not entertain as such. Also on Odyssey, Sojourn and their unnamed baby sister Seabourn will continue to have rotating guest entertainers as currently on the little triplets; but the main entertainment will be an "ensemble" cast of singers and dancers preforming the evening production shows.

We left the 'Spirit' last week and he was on board. He is a superb painist and a

very nice person. Regarding Barry yes we met him on the 'Spirit'at Christmas.

He is an all round entertainer and I would assume he will be performing his usual

one man show like all Cruise Directors.

I'm anxious meet Barry Hopkins ~~also his Assn. CD, Handre.

It seems a few of Regent's staff is now joining Seabourn ~~a rumor I heard recently is Regent's Captain Dag Dvergastein (Norwegian) has applied with Seabourn. (perhaps as the Sojourn Master?)

Martita B.

Peachy

I agree ~~I would prefer Seabourn look at their Staff Captains rather than hiring outside the company.

I am so disappointed as to Captain Tom T.'s leaving Seabourn. (I heard his bride wanted him shoreside)

MB

• 2 weeks later...
Peachy

I agree ~~I would prefer Seabourn look at their Staff Captains rather than hiring outside the company.

I am so disappointed as to Captain Tom T.'s leaving Seabourn. (I heard his bride wanted him shoreside)

MB

I agree Martha!

And I heard the same. By the way Tom has left already!

Marja

Marja

As you know, Captain Tom (I told him we wouldn't call him Pretty Boy Captain! ha ha) married his long time sweetheart last Aug. He's now shoreside with Princess ~~this is a great loss to Seabourn as Tom T. had proven to be a great Master.

Martita B.

• 1 month later...

Another coup for Seabourn. We have traveled on Regent with both Barry and John. But then again we love Eric De Gray and Matt Brown and have yet to meet Nick Hale. It is not of having a favorite but having one of excellence - in all selections Seabourn is excelling.

Thanks for passing on the good news, Wes.

• 4 months later...

Archived