Rum Point

ricskill

Not sure what you mean...Rum Point is too far away for motor transport except by boat. We rented a car from avis and drove out. It took an hour to get there and 45 minutes to get back, so there is barely enough time to enjoy Rum Point unless you have a whole day to burn.

You're more likely to find Rum Point as a stop on a multi-stop tour of some kind, usually by boat combined with snorkelling and/or Stingray City.

Renting a car and just heading there on your own is fairly easy, though, if that's an option for you.

If you rented a car, how much did that cost?

Depends where you rent from, I guess, and what type of car you rent, and whether it's high or low season. I don't have any recent rates, unfortunately. We don't rent cars when we're in Cayman, since we always do longer "land visits" now and have our own car there.

Most of the major chains have outlets on the island, though, so just check the website for your usual/preferred chain. Or, if you want to go with a local company, there's Andy's - http://www.andys.ky/

What about taking a bus, does that go there?

Nope. No bus. And a taxi would be about $80 US each way, and you'd have to pre-arrange your return trip...there aren't any taxis waiting in the area and the nearest ones would be about 45 minutes away at least.

Went to Rum Point last week with the Stingray City tour, and we LOVED the stingrays, but wasn't impressed with Rum Point. The beach was tiny, and very crowded. My dh took a $20 to the bar to get 2 Rum Runners, and didn't have enough money!!!! The water was beautiful, very clear.

We have done a Jeep Tour which included many stops along the "other" coast ending at Rum Point. We had at least two to 3 hours for beach side relaxation as there is no charge to lounge at RP. Yes, the drinks are pricey. There is also a Rays Reef & Rum Point tour run by Nativeway, which CC friends and family where on when we were there. Lunch was pre-called in and waiting upon arrival. It is a lovely spot especially if you have been to 7 Mile beach and seen the other attracations of the island.

I found my tour through Island Marketing several years ago. I don't know if they still offer the Jeep Tours. It was about $60 PP.

Archived