How far is Quincy Market(Boston) from dock?

lumpkin8

I'd go to the North End, the Italian neighborhood of Boston . (near Quincy Market which is definitely worth going to). The Old North Church is there and lots of charm and bakeries like MIKE'S. Eat at Giacamo's in the North End, if you can.

Hi,

We are due in Boston in September also on a cruise and we intended to do the Freedom Trail walking tour. We also thought we would take a walk to the Bull & Finch pub. Although we assume it isn't much of a "sight" we still thought we'd just like to see it when we are in Boston just to say we've seen the "Cheers" bar.

If anyone can advise what the nearest point on the walking tour would be to the pub and give some general directions how to get there it would be most helpful.

Del.

Hi,

We are due in Boston in September also on a cruise and we intended to do the Freedom Trail walking tour. We also thought we would take a walk to the Bull & Finch pub. Although we assume it isn't much of a "sight" we still thought we'd just like to see it when we are in Boston just to say we've seen the "Cheers" bar.

If anyone can advise what the nearest point on the walking tour would be to the pub and give some general directions how to get there it would be most helpful.

Del.

The "original" Cheers is located on Beacon Street, between Charles and Arlington and right across fro the Public Garden. This is the one that was used for filming all of the exterior shots for the show. If you do the Freedom Trail, the official beginning of it is at the Visitor Center on Tremont Street at the Boston Common. From there it is a five minute walk to Cheers. The best thing to do is ask for directions at the Visitor Center.

The is another Cheers bar located at Quincy Market which was built as a replica to the set from the show. However, the exterior looks nothing like the show.

Oh my. Now I'm really confused. I guess first I need to look up the freedom trail (Thanks for the links) and check out a map. I'm sure it will all make more sense once I see it on a map. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I definitely will be doing part of the Freedom Trail and lots of eating :)

Don't be confused. Most people start the Freedom Trail at The Boston Common Visitors Center. The entire walk is marked by a red line in the sidewalk. When you find the red lne, just follow it & eventually you get back to the visitors center.

• 7 years later...
We have a 1 day stop in Boston, on the Caribbean Princess in Sept, and I want to know if we can walk it from the dock? If so, is it a flat walk, or are there hills, and about how long would it take to walk?

Are there any other sites within walking distance of docking?

Thanks.

I was looking for the same information as we will be on the Cruise in October. I think I will take it off my list of things to do as well. Have fun in September.

I was looking for the same information as we will be on the Cruise in October. I think I will take it off my list of things to do as well. Have fun in September.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

This is a 7 year old thread. If you have current questions, please start a new thread on this forum or on the East Coast Departures forum.

Edited by 138east

• 2 weeks later...
Chiming in, because I still have a question. If I want to go directly from the ship to Quincy Marketplace on the T, I would get on the Silver Line at the pier and go to South Street. Then what line would I transfer to?

Thank you for your help :)

You take the Silver Line to South Station. You transfer to the Red Line Direction Alewife and go one stop to Downtown crossing (get on front of the train). You transfer to the Orange Line direction Oak Grove and go two stops to Haymarket and walk back past the 911 Memorial and the Union Oyster House to the edge of Quincy Market.