Hump question on Mariner

Jane T

Are the hump rooms on the mariner (voyager class) still an advantage or would it be better to go for a little larger cabin? I can get a 6616 (one off the center) with 184 sq ft cabin or a 206 sq ft cabin on deck 8. I can't decide and would love any input. I understand that on voyager class the balconies are not bigger with the bump...True?

You're right, the balconies on the hump are the same size as any other cabin in the same catagory, (except for the "aft" cabins). the advantage to the hump area is the location and proximity to the stairs and elevators.

Since I spend most of my day at the pool, I like the higher decks--makes going back and forth to the cabin easy!

Here is the Mariner and the Hump. The cabin you ask about would be right under 7616 in the picture. That is an excellent choice in cabins. ;)

Beneath the large picture is the thumbnails of the Voyager class and the Radiance class balconies so you can see what they look like.

The Voyager Hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and have the same size balcony.

(On the Radiance class ships especially, there are Hump cabins with bigger balconies.)

All of these cabins are in a great location, have a great view, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views. ;)

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on one side of her. Port Side. The Starboard side of her is exactly the same as this.

humpcabintouchedup.jpg

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201541348

Below is the Voyager Class and you can see the Hump cabins and balconies are all the same size. It looks exactly like this on the other side of the hump also.

That very tiny extra space you see on the balcony is actually in the cabin itself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81571&stc=1&d=1212986405

I asked this question a few weeks ago because I was having the same dilemma, and the consensus was that the 20 or so extra square feet of space in those Cat. D cabins was not worth sacrificing my prime hump location. If you were looking at a JS, the extra space would be more noticeable, but going from an E to a D doesn't get you that much.

We were looking at this same issue last week, when we saw a price decrease for the Cat D cabins. We could upgrade from our center hump to a regular side balcony cabin for only $120 more.

The trade meant more cabin space versus a lesser prime view. We decided we could easily book a balcony cabin anytime. We were lucky to book the center hump this time, so we opted to keep the hump cabin.

We always try to shoot for something new in our cabin choice each cruise!

Ann

Archived