Blue lagoon

TDOTCRUISR

Just wondering does the Blue Lagoon do take out? -- Thx

For most passengers, no. All NCL ships have Room Service available for take outs. If you're lucky and rich enough to be in a Suite, the butler will bring you take out from any restaurant aboard the ship.

Here's a recent NCL Room Service menus as of Feb 7, 2008:

2949141760070058185S600x600Q85.jpg

2999742850070058185S600x600Q85.jpg

I was just on the Dawn, walked up to one of the waiters and asked for some wings and artichoke dip "to go". He immediately said no problem. He walked over to the counter, placed the order and returned shortly with my items all covered with plastic lids and I walked to my cabin. This was about 2:30 in the afternoon on a port day. They didn't ask what my cabin # was or anything. Is it possible it is different on each ship?

cpcanuck

I was just on the Dawn, walked up to one of the waiters and asked for some wings and artichoke dip "to go". He immediately said no problem. He walked over to the counter, placed the order and returned shortly with my items all covered with plastic lids and I walked to my cabin. This was about 2:30 in the afternoon on a port day. They didn't ask what my cabin # was or anything. Is it possible it is different on each ship?

cpcanuck

No, I answered the wrong question again. I've got to read the questions more carefully. Sorry! :confused:

Yes, you can take food from any restaurant to just about anywhere on the ship.

Getting it delivered to your cabin is entirely different.

cpcanuck

They did this on the Sky and the Star as well. I was so happy to have it all wrapped!! I just thought I'd have to be careful carrying bowls of Wonton soup to my cabin...fortunately, everything was wrapped all snug and tight :)

I was just on the Gem 3/28 - 4/4 and they would NOT let me take food out of the Blue Lagoon. If I wanted something from their menu, I had to eat it there.

We had a similar situation last year on the Dawn. A friend want to get wings and bring them to the Pearly King Pub. He did it in the end, but the staff definitely didn't want him to.

I was just on the Gem 3/28 - 4/4 and they would NOT let me take food out of the Blue Lagoon. If I wanted something from their menu, I had to eat it there.

I also could not get Blue Lagoon "to go" on the Gem. However, they did offer to deliver my order to my room with the warning that it would take "longer" than if I ate at the restaurant. Our wings arrived at our stateroom within 15 minutes which was actually quicker than when we'd order to eat there another time!

I sent an email to my Personal Cruise Consultant about this as buffalo wings are my favorite...he wrote back...within minutes no less...that you can get take-out from the Blue Lagoon on the Gem if I go there and ask. They will not deliever it as I am only in a Mini-Suite. They will wrap it up no problem. Delivery is only available with Butler Service.

For at least the STAR and DAWN, items that you order from the Room Service Menu are actually prepared/cooked from the Blue Lagoon and it is then delivered by the NCL room service team once it is wrapped & checked by the uniformed supervisor.

As for take-out, you can always sit down and place an order, and then simply take them back to your cabin - it would be nice for them to wrap it upon asking, but, when it's busy - it's sort of hectic if you've been there watching them to try their best to keep things moving.

The challenging part is that all the food trays are gone in the buffet these days and none are out in the open at the BL either as it used to make bringing items back so much easier.

Archived