Hotels in Miami the day before the cruise???

REDWITCH13

We are looking for some inexpensive but nice Hotels in Miami the day before we cruise.:)

We are not going until May 1, 2010, so we do have time to research this.:D

If anyone has some good suggestions, I would really appreciate it:)

Thank you

Darlene

We stayed at the Best Western (at the Port) although it's about 10 min. from there. The hotel is right across the street from Bayside. Search Bayside in Miami and you can checkout all the restaurants, shops, etc. I recommend this hotel, quick taxi ride to the port.

We stayed there 1 night precruise in May 2007. We bid on Priceline and got the room for about $85. It is an amazing place located on the intercoastal as well as the port. It was featured on CSI Miami a few weeks ago. It is located next to the Bayside market - a wonderful open air shopping plaza on the water. We ate at a great Mongolian Barbecue at Bayside. It was all you could eat, plus an entire bottle of wine , per person for $25 each. We had an amazing time in Miami precruise. Also ate breakfast at Bayside before boarding the Valor. I f you need help bidding on Priceline go to biddingfortravel.com and read the Florida hotel boards.

Good luck!

we're staying at the Holiday Inn Airport. We checked on the Holiday Inn closer to the port but there were fees involved with transportation.

The Airport location has transportation to the hotel from the Miami airport and will transport us back and forth to the port when we need to get there and back.

we're staying at the Holiday Inn Airport. We checked on the Holiday Inn closer to the port but there were fees involved with transportation.

The Airport location has transportation to the hotel from the Miami airport and will transport us back and forth to the port when we need to get there and back.

Last year we had our own transportation to the hotel from the airport and to the ship the next day and then back to the airport. It was ACE Transportation. There were 25 of us and it only cost us 13.00 per person each way. Much better than being treated like livestock on that last day of leaving the ship.:eek:

Thanks for the information

Darlene

We stayed at the Intercontinental pre cruise in 2007. It's a beautiful hotel. We had a wonderful view of the port so we were able to see the ship. Just added to the excitement :D. I'm getting happy again, just thinking about it. Staff was wonderful. Bayside is not too far away. It's also not to far from the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

There are two in Miami. The one I think we are both referring is located on 100 Chopin Plaza.

We stayed at the Intercontinental pre cruise in 2007. It's a beautiful hotel. We had a wonderful view of the port so we were able to see the ship. Just added to the excitement :D. I'm getting happy again, just thinking about it. Staff was wonderful. Bayside is not too far away. It's also not to far from the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

There are two in Miami. The one I think we are both referring is located on 100 Chopin Plaza.

Which Airport did you fly into? The last time we flew into Ft. Lauderdale.

It does sound nice. I will look at their web site to see what the have to offer, like a swimming pool, complamentary breakfast and how many we can have per room...2 or 4?

Thanks again

Darlene

Which Airport did you fly into? The last time we flew into Ft. Lauderdale.

It does sound nice. I will look at their web site to see what the have to offer, like a swimming pool, complamentary breakfast and how many we can have per room...2 or 4?

Thanks again

Darlene

We flew into Miami Airport, I'm not to sure how far it is from Ft. Lauderdale. We also didn't book directly through the hotel. I used easy click travel and paid $100 for the night. Well worth it considering rooms go for more than twice that amount.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Bayside a couple of times and thought it was very nice.

Artemus:

Thanks for the information. I did hear:) this was a nice hotel.

Oh, by the way...nice picture:D :p:p

Darlene

It's the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami. (Not Bayside) The address is on Biscayne Blvd. There are more than one Holiday Inns in the Miami area.

Since you are not traveling until 2010, I would do nothing now. Come back to CC in January for current info. :)

It's the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami. (Not Bayside) The address is on Biscayne Blvd. There are more than one Holiday Inns in the Miami area.

Since you are not traveling until 2010, I would do nothing now. Come back to CC in January for current info. :)

I'll be back waaaayyyy before then. LOL :eek::D:D;)

I know what you mean. Come back in January for more and maybe better information then ...just joking with you:rolleyes:

Thanks....

Darlene

Bayside is a massive bore. There are so many areas of Miami that are much better.

We are looking for an clean, inexpensive hotel that has a pool and offers a complimentary breakfast. 4 in a room woudl be great also.:)

Close to a beach would be wonderful....walking that is.:D

Darlene

We are looking for an clean, inexpensive hotel that has a pool and offers a complimentary breakfast. 4 in a room woudl be great also.:)

Close to a beach would be wonderful....walking that is.:D

Darlene

The Avalon and The South Seas offer free breakfast in South Beach and do offer four in a room. However, with most South Beach hotels, a quad is an upgrade and not a standard room.

Try Courtyard by Marriot South Beach. It isn't ocean front but not much is in South Beach. It has a fabulous rooftop pool with awesome views of the ocean and is within walking distance to everything.

The Avalon in South Beach has a great location but the place itself is shabby and rundown. We were on the first floor and it didn't even feel safe as it was an old window with a broken fastening. Would not go back!

If at all possible, by hook or by crook, try to get the Intercontinental Choplin Plaza. We walked to the Bayside Mkt. had a wonderful dinner and breakfast at the Latin America Cafe ($4.95 for breakfast). We loved the waterfront! If you go to betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com, you can find tips on how to bid to hopefully get this hotel. We booked 330 days out and got a very reasonable military rate. The airport is quite a distrance from the cruise port or so it seemed to us on the taxi ride. It was a wonderful precruise experience!

If at all possible, by hook or by crook, try to get the Intercontinental Choplin Plaza. We walked to the Bayside Mkt. had a wonderful dinner and breakfast at the Latin America Cafe ($4.95 for breakfast). We loved the waterfront! If you go to betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com, you can find tips on how to bid to hopefully get this hotel. We booked 330 days out and got a very reasonable military rate. The airport is quite a distrance from the cruise port or so it seemed to us on the taxi ride. It was a wonderful precruise experience!

Thank you;;;

So far our group is 12 people. Last time we had 25....:p

I don't think I can bid on 6 or so rooms. Maybe they will give us a group rate? :rolleyes:

I will give it a try.

Darlene

The Avalon in South Beach has a great location but the place itself is shabby and rundown. We were on the first floor and it didn't even feel safe as it was an old window with a broken fastening. Would not go back!

I was just there last week. What room were you in? They don't have any rooms that the windows are low enough to crawl into.

Can't remember the room number. It was a corner room and below was a wall which anyone reasonably agile could have used to climb up. I really disliked the Hotel, except for the location. Stains on the wall and carpet, just yuk. nice bedsheets and pillows and good soaps etc. though.

Archived