Birthday on the Paradise - Cat 12 questions (plus other randomalia)

Theora

Hi gang!

I'm the Chief Kitten-Herder for a birthday group cruise (my BF's birthday) at the end of July. A little 3-day jaunt on the Paradise. My BF and I have cruised once before, on Princess, so this will be our first Carnival cruise. We are aware that the Paradise is an older ship, and are also aware that this is going to be more of a "booze cruise" type atmosphere, so warnings to that end aren't really necessary (although if you have specifics to tell us about, I'll take all the information I can get).

I'm looking at the Cat 12 for him and I, being that we sail on his actual birthday. The price difference is about $100, and I feel that he deserves the best of the best. So tell me:

Is the balcony on the Cat 12 covered fully?

Are there any perks that I should be aware of for that category?

Should I bring champagne on or is it included? (I'm thinking for sailaway.)

If you've cruised both Princess and Carnival, how does the food compare?

Will there be a chocolate buffet?

Is there a deli and/or a Fish & Chips place on the Paradise?

I'm sure I'll come up with other questions later, but these are the ones that stand out right now. We're hoping to have at least a dozen friends with us on this sailing, and at some point I would like to have all of them over to our "house" for a little birthday get-together. Do you think it will be large enough, or should I just arrange something in one of the lounges or something?

Oooo....also. Since we're Past Guests on Princess, when I initially called the PVP, he said we'd qualify for the Past Guest discount. Does this mean that we would also qualify for the Past Guest Party? (Please don't flame me for this one, I know it's a point of some contention...)

Halp!

TIA,

Theora

Only VIP embarkation and debarkation is included as a suite perk, nothing else. sorry.

You can bring a bottle of champagne or wine onboard, says one per person, but you can carry one on and put one in your checked suitcase with a couple $$ tip and seems to work.

It will have a deli, which is really good, but not a fish and chips, those are on conquest size ships.

PS no you dont get a invite to past guest, only past guest rates (but early saver rates are better which just came out in Jan 09).

enjoy. Iv been on both Princess and RCL and Carnival. I think Princess had the edge food wise, and Carnival came in next ahead of RCL, but all are pretty close. I think they did away with the chocolate buffet.

Archived