Taxi from Villefranche to Eze.

John&Betty

Hi,

After talking to our good friend & T/A Albert the 4 of us have decided to spend our day in Villefranche at Eze. We have been there twice and both times we rented a car to go St Paul du Vence then drive around the area. This time we are there on a Sunday and would prefer to just take a taxi to Eze. Can anyone tell us what to expect as to price and availability? (No bus or train advice please.)

John

Hi,

After talking to our good friend & T/A Albert the 4 of us have decided to spend our day in Villefranche at Eze. We have been there twice and both times we rented a car to go St Paul du Vence then drive around the area. This time we are there on a Sunday and would prefer to just take a taxi to Eze. Can anyone tell us what to expect as to price and availability? (No bus or train advice please.)

John

You know... after doing this on our own last year, this is exactly what I would do if I did it again. We wasted so much time in getting there last time by bus and train. Just grab a taxi near the tender stop and go. I am not sure the price, but it will be worth it... TRUST ME:) I just love Villefranche sur Mer and Eze. Have a great day!

You know... after doing this on our own last year, this is exactly what I would do if I did it again. We wasted so much time in getting there last time by bus and train. Just grab a taxi near the tender stop and go. I am not sure the price, but it will be worth it... TRUST ME:) I just love Villefranche sur Mer and Eze. Have a great day!

I am of the mind to do this on my cruise this summer, where the port stop is Monte Carlo, however the one thing that holds me back is the availability of a taxi for the return, or did you arrange to have the same person pick you up after several hours in Eze? Could the same thing be done with an additional stop in St Paul de Vence?

I am of the mind to do this on my cruise this summer, where the port stop is Monte Carlo, however the one thing that holds me back is the availability of a taxi for the return, or did you arrange to have the same person pick you up after several hours in Eze? Could the same thing be done with an additional stop in St Paul de Vence?

You know... Eze is just a pedistrian village, but the area where you enter is a big circle type area, and you could definitely get a taxi. Or have one called for you. Or like you just stated... have them come back for you at a certain time. That would work. It's a great place!

We went to Eze and loved it. However, we did have problems securing a taxi from the Villefranche port. Apparently, the drivers want the bigger fares so we had them zooming by us one by one. Finally, we got a guy to take us there and on the return took the bus to Nice (quick, cheap and lots of seats with no delays) and back to Villefranche. No problems whatsoever. Another time (from Monte Carlo), we took the train and again, no problems.

Finally, we got a guy to take us there and on the return took the bus to Nice (quick, cheap and lots of seats with no delays) and back to Villefranche. No problems whatsoever. Another time (from Monte Carlo), we took the train and again, no problems.

Did you take time to do Nice before heading back to Villefranche, or did you just do a transfer? Can one buy bus tickets right there at the bus stop/station? Thanks.

Jacquie

After walking around Eze for several hours (including the perfume factory tour and having a bottle of wine at a bistro), we took the bus to Nice (only a few minutes to get there) and had several hours to walk around, visit the flower market, buy wine etc. From Nice, we took the bus back to Villefranche. There were several stops along the main route but they were very scenic and no time was wasted. We were able to purchase the tickets on the bus if I remember correctly.

Is it feasible to take a taxi from Villefranche to Eze, Eze to Nice, and back to Villefranche (spending a couple hours each in Eze & Nice) or am I being a little too ambitious? Any ideas how much the taxi fares would be? We'll be tendered in Villefranche for 12 hours.

That's easily doable since they are not far apart. The bus ride from Villefranche to Nice is only about 10-12 minutes, shorter than that in a taxi. You will be doing some backtracking but should have plenty of time. I have only been by Eze, but spent a day in St. Paul de Vence last fall and that was lovely too; it's west of Nice, and Eze is east toward Monaco and the Italian border.

Cathy

I am also on RCI Navigator stopping in Villefranche.

I am thinking about self-touring as well, but I have concerns about the tender. I am only a C&A Gold. Will I be delayed leaving the ship?

hylasgirl: what delays did you enounter with the bus/train? was it just waiting for the next one, or did you have other issues?

Hi macd4,

Saw your post on the Navigator thread. We arrive at Villefranche at 8 AM and RCL always sees that the people on ships tours get tendered first. I wouldn't count on getting ashore before 9 or 9:30. Also remember that it will be Sunday and bus & train schedules will not be the same as on week days. We are going to try to take taxis to where we want to go.

John

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to be guessing regarding the taxi cost because I honestly cannot remember because it has been a few years -- I want to say it was 20-30 Euros. Again, we had a problem in securing a taxi (none of them would stop) and when one did stop, they would pick up someone else though we were standing in the correct spot. I would say we lost a good hour of our time waiting, negotiating a taxi.

Archived