Potty training and diapers

SunnyKitty

We are planning on going to cruise in 3 weeks.

My DD is currently "half-way" potty trained, meaning she uses potty during the day, but still sleeps in her pullaps.

How do they check if she is potty trained enough to go to the pool?

When our daughter was 99.9% potty trained we did take her into the pool. Regular bathing suit, no swim diapers and lots of trips to the bathroom.

She is an every other day #2 person and you can set a clock to when she goes so we weren't nervous about that at all. She was in the same boat, potty trained during the day w/ underwear and pull up at night in case of an accident.

If your daughter tells you when she has to go then you should be fine in the pool.

Ok, thanks

She usually tells, and I think to make her go extra to the bathroom just in case.

I was a little bit worried ( paranoid?) what if some one sees her pullaps (in a luggage? hmm.. I am being paranoid ...) and prohibit her from going to the pool..

If she has on swim diapers, they won't let her in. Is she comfortable without? (I know it took a while before my daughter would even wear a bathing suit without underwear!!!)

she actually insists to be without a diaper, it is a battle to put one in for the night, but she still needs it at night time.

she is very proud of her "adult" panties and stuff..

I was a little bit worried ( paranoid?) what if some one sees her pullaps (in a luggage? hmm.. I am being paranoid ...) and prohibit her from going to the pool..

I wouldn't worry about this at all. I think most kids are night trained after they are day trained. My son, who is almost 4, is still not night trained and wears a diaper and a pull-up at night. But he is totally day trained and toilets independently during the day. If anyone would ask about the pull-ups, just say that she is day trained, but not night trained. so she wears pull-ups to bed.

I agree, take plenty of potty breaks during pool time and you should be fine. We are cruising in a week with our 3 yr old that is day trained. It is a battle to get a pull-up on her at night, but she still needs it. Have fun and try not to stress about it. :D

My daughter was fully potty trained at age 2, but started having accidents at night again at age 3 she she stopped napping at preschool and was just too tired at night to wake herself up. We "deal" with this at home by doing lots of laundry when necessary, but when we travel, we take pullups. I'm not going to take any chances of having an accident away from home - and away from our waterproof mattress pads! So don't worry at all about having pull ups, I'm certain the cruise line would agree that your child should wear them at night even if there is only a 1 in 1000 chance you'll need them!

As for the pool, I think your child will be fine. Swim diapers are miserably uncomfortable and pretty much worthless. I started potty training my daughter when she turned two just so we didn't need to mess with swim diapers that summer, since we spend an hour or two at the pool most every day. Even toddlers are able to understand that the pool needs to be clean because we all get pool water in our eyes and our mouth. So just make sure to give your child a quick reminder of this and make sure they "go" before they are allowed to swim, you'll all do great! Enjoy your cruise!

Archived