Wii Fit

babymomma

Ok everyone..BACK ON THE TREADMILL AND DUST OFF THE WII..Christmas break is over!!! I didn't do to badly over the week..only about a # of losing ground and only missed 3 workouts..Now to really hit it hard! March: here we come!

OKAY, I hear ya toes! Can my excuse be that we had 3 dogs in the house and no place to Wii? :D Wednesday I find out if I "held it for the Holidays", if I did, I get a piece of the pot which is about $2100. :) As long as I didn't gain I win! I'll let you know how I do.

It's been crazy with getting back from the cruise on Dec 18 and having to finish Christmas shopping, decorate and cook. But now I'm hoping to be doing more on the Wii.

Good news.......no weight gain at all on the cruise or so far over the holidays. We did a lot of walking and swimming and by the 10th day we were tired of food so that helped.

Anyone get any new Wii games under the tree? We got a new controller so now we can play a lot of the games together. But of course we need to go buy a new steering wheel so hubby can race the grandson in the Cars Wii.

Congrats on the no weight gain on your cruise checkard!

I just picked up Just Dance 2 yesterday and had my hubby dancing along with me for a few songs. I had fun but hubby made me stop so he could watch the ball drop tonight.

Happy New Year all!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was a washout for me and exercise..neck giving me fits and work was too busy for even a 30 minute run to the gym. but got back on the horse yesterday with both my Wii fit and my treadmill workout...still looking to lose that 10#. Gosh the first 10 seemed so easy to lose... oh well keeping at it...7 weeks left!

Hello to all i am sailing on the CNL Jewell on March 27th and am wanting to lose 18 pounds by then. hubby got me jillian 2010 workout for Christmas and i have only done it 2X and just started this week. I did it the first time on Saturday and i was so sore in my abs it hurt to cough so i had to skip sunday but did do it yesterday and now only my legs hurt. I am doing the special K plan that has worked for me in the past so i will see how it goes

back to work tonight and hopefully will be able to get on the treadmill sometime..will see if ER calms down. had my neck acupuntured today so feeling good tonight. Keep it up all.

MOMcat - I have the Jillian 2010 also but started doing the Wii Active first and am plenty sore with it! So Jillian would prob kill me. Also have the Zumba workout but my 2 left feet have decided I actually need to take a live-in-person class to learn the steps first. Good luck everyone..I'm hovering @ 8# left still so need to step up the pace.

Good evening all!

Well, I did it! I didn't gain any weight over the holidays so I "won" my challenge at work. I made a whole $3.26, lol. It's more than I had though. :D

My next challenge now is to walk 10,000 steps a day for the next 6 weeks. This one ends just before we leave on our next cruise.

Good luck on your quest mom2cat, I KNOW you can do it!

I hear ya about work toes, we've been extremely busy too. I've had no problem getting all my steps in for the day but now I'm off for a few days so I'm getting creative on getting them in. Hope your neck feels better soon and have a good night at work!

Have a great weekend all, Wii on! :)

back on the tread tonoc..actually got in a full workout. No dared call me!!! LOL it feels so good to get the exercise routine going and I've started to get a little cranky if I miss. Luckily, having to go away for the weekend the Hampton Inn has a nice little gym and swim pool/hot tub area. Still one more night of work tho! IS IT MARCH YET?

Hi all!

Glad to hear everyone's keeping active! I'm still doing my Wii every day but Sunday

& having fun but teeter between the 2 O's.:( I've started doing the skateboard balance

thing on Wii Fit but am not doing that well.

sue ~ congrats on your win! I was expecting you to make a bundle when I saw the figure but you won & that's the main thing!:D

Oh well I'm having fun & getting off my chair!;) Wii bowling has started up again .

Wii on!

~Jo~ :)

hey all its been almost two weeks and i finally had to kick it up a gear. (i was not going at it everyday) i am doing the treadmill for at least 30 min most days but have not been able to do jillian but once every 3 days (i have to fight for the living room TV) but last tuesday i also started on jillians 14day plan which includes a detox for the first 7 days. i weigh myself everyday but will not count any but Tuesdays. So i do not know how much if any i have officially lost. However if i went by what it says today it has been 3lbs hopefully tuesday will still say the same.

back to work.. treadmill workout is getting longer and harder..and Wii Active is still working. now My DD just bought a new spin bike so will have to go try it out and see if I want to add one of those to my home gym! I am down to within 5.2# of my second goal..Yay team! Everyone keep up the good work!

Woo hoo toes, congrats on reaching your 2nd goal! I know you'll be at your goal weight by the time you cruise. :)

I am now on week 3 of my 12 week 10,000 steps a day challenge through work. I find it harder to accomplish at home than at work. I am getting there though.

Have a great weekend all!

Wow my treadmill workout is really getting intense 60-70 minutes and adding some jogging with it..makes me sweat!! LOL I sure wish I had a "normal" schedule where I could get some rythmn to a workout tho..3 12's a week @ night keeps me in a state of zombi-like existence most of the time. Then add DH sick for a week + and that increases the fatigue factor about 50%. Oh well vacation is almost in sight! and I still have 5-7 # to go!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just wanted to bring us up to the 1st page.;)

Hope everyone's having fun working out.

Toes ~ I see you're going cruising within the next week. Have you met your goal?

Guess it doesn't really matter when you're likely to gain while away, eh?:D

Have a great time!

I had a week's holiday from my Wii when DH & I went to Mexico on Feb. 7.

We had a really great time & I gained a bit over a pound.:(

Can you believe that after 650 days of Wiiing I still don't have 4 stars on that darn ski jump game??!!!!:eek: I don't really know if I had the Wii all that time as DD set it up

& tried it out for me for a few months.

Have a great weekend!

~Jo~ :)

Well the countdown is really headed in the right direction now!! Still not @ my 2nd goal weight of 140 ( at 143) but 4-5 days of exercise everyday will help! then NOLA here I come..I'm hoping to keep busy enough to counteract the "soul" food, creole food, cajun food and of course then a week of "CRUISE" food!!! Yay. tonight is my last work night before we leave so even a busy night is a good one. LOL

I can just imagine what my mii will tell me when I get back on the workout routine Jo. I've been doing the Walk It Out and hear enough sass from her. :)

That's one thing I could pass on toes, I'm not a spicy food eater so I would have not problem in NO. On the cruise though, watch out! I'm looking forward to trying some Hawaiian dishes in 40 some days. Enjoy your time away from work & have a great time on your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!

I'm back in the game and ready to lose (again)! :o I started the 6-week challenge for the Wii Active2 last week and with the exception of a minor slip this past weekend, have been fairly good at keeping my eyes on the prize!

I cruise in just under 6 weeks, now, and have lost about 4.5 pounds thus far. Just under 16 to go over the next 5 weeks! I am determined to make it this time!

I gave up chocolate for Lent, so that will help keep me on the right path, and I'm trying to make better, more conscious food choices. 10 more pounds, and I'm buying myself a new swimsuit! My old one has had enough these last 8 years or so, and is starting to get a little threadbare between the shoulder blades. :rolleyes:

Laura

Tomorrow I finish my last workout of the 9 week challenge of Wii active 2. I love the results I am getting. It really works me hard. Now what to do? I cannot start a new challenge becasue I only have 4 weeks until I cruise. Any suggestions of what to do with the Wii active 2. How should I set up a routine that still motivates me?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just preventing this thread from dropping off the page!;)

Where are you all, outside enjoying nice weather perhaps?

I haven't Wiied since March 15 as I was in AZ then gave the Wii a little time off. The result was not pretty so I'm going to have to get back into the habit & maybe do some walking too.

What are you all doing & did you meet your goals?

Take care.

~ Jo ~ :)

I've been off the Wii for a while too. Crazy hours at work, our son bought a house so we've been helping him move and then doing some work around his place. Somehow the days have slipped by and it's more than I realized has gone by since I've even turned on the Wii.

I did set up my treadmill again in a room in the basement and I've used that a few times. I've been raking flowerbeds and working outside our house too so I have been getting some exercise. The scales indicated that I haven't gained any weight but I think some of it has been redistributed.

Maybe I need to put on my bathing suit and look in the mirror. I'll be horrified and get back on the Wii.

Reading about other folks successes is great. It makes me realize that if I put some effort in the results will pay off.

I've been doing my "Wii Active: More Workouts" 6-week challenge, and am in the middle of week 5. It's slow going, though, as I've lost only about 6-7 pounds since I started. :( Oh well, any loss is a good loss I guess.

Anyway, I had to laugh on Friday, because my Wii Fit played an April Fool's trick on me! When I started it up, it stated something scary like "Balance board not functioning. Please contact a Wii Service rep for maintenance." Then the little balance board animation popped up with a goofy party hat on and said "Just kidding! It's April Fool's Day!" LOL!

I can't believe I've been had by a video game! :D

Hi all!

How's it going?

Lady _Jag ~ that's funny the Wii playing an April Fool's joke on you! It almost seems like a person with some of the comments eh?

Have some of you been on cruises lately? I saw a March & April in your signatures.

My next cruise isn't 'til May 18 & I'm really looking forward to it whether I lose weight or not!;)

Take care & Wii on!

~ Jo ~ :)

I cruise in 2 weeks and can't wait! I have not reached my goal, but I'm ok with that. I've lost about 6-8 pounds so far, which is a little more than what I usually gain on a cruise, so it's all good. This cruise, I'll be able to take the stairs and move about much faster than previous cruises, so maybe I won't gain more than a pound or two. (Fingers crossed!)

You are right, Jo, that Wii Fit can seem almost human with its comments. I think some developers had a lot of fun with it, and really tried giving it personality (read: "attitude"). I hate that it groans "OH!" almost every time I step on it, but I love that it "remembered" my daughter's birthday a few weeks ago.

When hubby was playing with it, the Wii Fit would regularly ask me about him and if I noticed any changes in hubby's posture. If I replied, "no," though, it would suggest that I wasn't paying enough attention to him. :mad:

After my Wii Fit hiatus last year, it told me "I never forget a pair of feet," then called me by my husbands name! LOL!

Laura

Our work department is moving to a brand new building in a couple months and it will have a fitness room. I'm really excited about that and am trying to convince the powers that make the decisions that we should get a Wii. Not only will it take up less space than other gym equipment, but we can do fun things like Fit Challenges and team building activities. I brought my Wii Fit Plus game in today and hope to work on doing some PR for the Wii.

Hi all!

Today was a good day for me. I completed the Wii Active: More Workouts 6-week challenge at lunchtime. I lost 10 pounds total! Yay!

I wish it were more, but I'm happy with what I've done so far, especially since we cruise next week! :D